• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Check this one out.

There was another in Filter's thread but, the person quickly apologized after it was pointed out to him.

I guess some people still do use the OSPG for current prices.  I actually buy two copies each and every year.  Both HC - one is the Heroes Initiative copy just so I can support it.  I haven't opened a copy in I can't remember how long.  Still shrinkwrapped.  I have bought a copy since the 4th edition but for slabs at least and most key books or hot books that fluctuate with movies and other trends, OSPG is a dinosaur.  

Even a quick scan of EBay sold for FF 49 CGC 8.0 shows $300-$500 more than this asking price so even without GPA, one could get a sense of current levels. 

Edited by telerites

1 hour ago, NP_Gresham said:

The 1 post newb thread krapper just gave me the •••• off in a PM

:x

Interesting on NP_G didn't provide the entire story, just the part that tried to make him/herself look good.  NP_G said "people are talking about me" for posting a ebay listing for asm 408 in an asm 408 thread.  it was 100% on topic on an open posting board, not somebody's "private" forum.  

Just to be 100% clear, the "f off" was not to NP_G directly, it was too his/her statement about "people are talking about me".  Let's try to be a little less serious and sensitive. Feel free to check out my post for yourself and not take NP_G's word.  

6 minutes ago, Tcauld said:

Interesting on NP_G didn't provide the entire story, just the part that tried to make him/herself look good.  NP_G said "people are talking about me" for posting a ebay listing for asm 408 in an asm 408 thread.  it was 100% on topic on an open posting board, not somebody's "private" forum.  

Just to be 100% clear, the "f off" was not to NP_G directly, it was too his/her statement about "people are talking about me".  Let's try to be a little less serious and sensitive. Feel free to check out my post for yourself and not take NP_G's word.  

Welcome to the boards, but if you would take a minute and read the rules before posting, you'd see that there is a forum for advertising posts. This is a privately owned chatboard, CGC owns it. They set the rules. 

Here is a link to the rules for the sales forums, but there is a nice thread in Comics General for newcomers.

9 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Posting an ebay link to a cheaper copy of a book in someone's FS thread = Threadcrapping.  

good to see facts don't matter here.  The post was for a $175 copy of asm 408.  link to ebay is for a $199 dollar asm 408.  therefore new link is for more expensive book, not cheaper.  and original post was in 2012!  i think the post is no longer valid.  

2 hours ago, Tcauld said:

No, that's called threadkrapping in someone's sales thread. Frowned upon here. This isn't facebook or instagram. We have rules here. skypinkblu posted some useful links above. I suggest checking them out.

4 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

Is it "excessive" bumping when a sales thread adds a book or two every day or so?  Certainly helps w/keeping the thread on page 1 in G/S/B

If you're adding books I think its fine.  At least per the rules.  I can't imagine anyone would want to police the amount of new books added to any given sales thread over any period of time.  Other wise, how many is enough? Who would set the rules?

On 10/29/2018 at 1:46 PM, KPR Comics said:

Is it "excessive" bumping when a sales thread adds a book or two every day or so?  Certainly helps w/keeping the thread on page 1 in G/S/B

I agree with @revat. It's within the boundary of the rules. G/S/B has so many threads now that you can get bumped off page 1 in 12 hours; you've either got to list piles of books, which is seldom the case anymore, or have a high interest thread, which is the case for a limited number of sellers, or find ways to manage your visibility within the confines of the rules.