• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I was up early in the AM perusing eBay, and I saw the glut of newly-listed, outrageously-priced Lee-signed books listed there, as well as on MCS.  I'm not a SS collector myself (I think I have maybe two SS books total), but I probably will end up one day snagging a Lee signature on something, but I wanted no part of yesterday's rush to profit. 

What made my stomach turn was a couple of listings I saw pop up on eBay that were from 0 feedback sellers (who had just registered on eBay yesterday) who had "Stan Lee signed books" -- raw of course, and at stupidly inflated prices. :facepalm:  I would have as much confidence buying one of those books as I would the Brooklyn Bridge from someone. I've seen the threads in Comics General about the rash of fake signature books being sold by certain sellers on the 'Bay, and my guess is that we're going to see even more books pop up along those lines now. 

That modern sig thread is impossible to navigate 

i can’t understand why they wouldn’t use separate posts for each set

and since he had three threads previously now consolidated, it’s just a cluster 

11 hours ago, revat said:

That modern sig thread is impossible to navigate 

i can’t understand why they wouldn’t use separate posts for each set

and since he had three threads previously now consolidated, it’s just a cluster 

Used to be the post would not load.

That was a nice hidden bonus with the old boards

36 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

I think you can fit 100 jpegs into one post now, although the size matters as well.

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't quite understand the rationale behind posting "standard rules" ...I mean if you can't write out your rules, just copy someone else's and tweak them a little. It's not like you are handing in a term paper;)

would you like my " standard " reply to this? all you have to do is ask.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:43 PM, Bird said:
On 11/14/2018 at 12:06 PM, NP_Gresham said:

I think you can fit 100 jpegs into one post now, although the size matters as well.

It's not the size of your jpeg, it's what you do with it that matters

"Happy to complete the sale on Ebay through my Private link since that grants 0% Final Value Fees for me. If you got a 10% Ebay Bucks coupon going on, it's a double win for you too! Ask me in PMs though about this."

Came across this in Modern.

It looks to be at least a violation of the PayPal rule, as in, offering a discount for an alternative payment method. Would it also violate the "board exclusive offer", or no? Just curious as I've never seen it before and aren't too familiar with eBay "private links". It sound like the books aren't technically for sale to the public on eBay, but I'm not sure how I feel about taking the transaction off the boards. If something went sideways, would the parties involved still be eligible for probation etc?