• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, Bird said:
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, Jeffro. said:

As an aside, bananas with some spots are not slightly spoiled. The spots are a natural part of the ripening process.

Of course, but I should have said getting black.  Trust me, they wuz bad bananas! I wait for the bananas to have some spots, just ate one a few minutes ago!

… unsure if this is an old wives tale.... but I've heard that the brown bananas have the highest levels of potassium …. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, telerites said:

Smoothie-ize them.  

Yes, this, or they can be used in banana bread. My wife used to put old bananas in our freezer, telling me that one day she would make banana bread. Eventually I got tired of seeing black bananas in the freezer, had the realization that my wife hasn't baked anything in the 10+ years we've been together, and I threw them out. I don't think she ever noticed.

6 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

I know it isn't allowed to ask for pp f&f for payment, but is it a violation to pay that way voluntarily?  If I buy from an established seller, and I choose to pay that was as a bonus (small that it may be), is that wrong here? 

I am pretty sure that you can pay that way if you choose, no problem. Although some sellers are professional dealers and cannot accept those payments. 

Edited by Bird

32 minutes ago, Bird said:
38 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

I know it isn't allowed to ask for pp f&f for payment, but is it a violation to pay that way voluntarily?  If I buy from an established seller, and I choose to pay that was as a bonus (small that it may be), is that wrong here? 

I am pretty sure that you can pay that way if you choose, no problem. Although some sellers are professional dealers and cannot accept those payments. 

Thanks for the response.  I had that issue also, where the seller refunded my payment and asked for the commerce version. 

10 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Thanks for the response.  I had that issue also, where the seller refunded my payment and asked for the commerce version. 

I thought it was a violation PP rules to pay for goods via friends/family plus as a buyer you would lose protection if you had to file a PP claim or if the package gets lost and the PO cannot find it, I don't think PP would help.  If you are trying to save the seller the 3%, you could send a check or money order.  I personally do not use ff unless it is for ff and nit goods/services.  Just my thoughts.

51 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

The comments served a useful purpose here as the Noob meltdown tells the story that a lack of feedback or references did not.

I particularly liked their response to why they didn't remove the bag before scanning (and the time it would add to the process), with that of "When you have thousands of comics to scan Bighaley21, those '10 seconds' start to add up." :facepalm:

As someone who has sold (or tried to sell) numerous comics under $10, and who has always used as clear scan as possible of any unslabbed books, even for books that were as little as $2-$3 (and even though it takes forever to do for large sales threads), watching someone who won't take that "10 seconds" to do the bare minimum to sell a single book they're asking $175 for speaks volumes.  As did all of the things they didn't do initially in the thread (state a return policy, payment options, shipping methods, etc.) until they were called on it.  All of that tells a story indeed, of yet another person showing up on the forum to make a quick buck who can't be bothered to even take a few moments to get to know the place before shopping their wares. doh!

Oh, well -- one to add to the ignore list. 

Edited by ChiSoxFan

On 12/6/2018 at 12:34 AM, ChiSoxFan said:

I particularly liked their response to why they didn't remove the bag before scanning (and the time it would add to the process), with that of "When you have thousands of comics to scan Bighaley21, those '10 seconds' start to add up." :facepalm:

I saw that and though "oh this guy is posting a ton of books in the sales thread"

nope. 

Just one book. 

RE: Drive by sales thread that assumes CGC shoppers are suckers.  [FF Ann 6 in 4.5 or nicer $175, one scan of book in wrinkly bag]

I agree with Cliff R not to drive away members here to participate.

I completely disagree with Cliff R that the new poster who joined to try to sell his FF Ann 6 showed any sign that he is here to participate.

Though I tried to delete my offending post in the thread (I commented that I thought it was exorbitant price) since I agree that thread krapping is lame and my opinion of his pricing is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, grebal said:

RE: Drive by sales thread that assumes CGC shoppers are suckers.  [FF Ann 6 in 4.5 or nicer $175, one scan of book in wrinkly bag]

I completely disagree with Cliff R that the new poster who joined to try to sell his FF Ann 6 showed any sign that he is here to participate.

Though I tried to delete my offending post in the thread (I commented that I thought it was exorbitant price) since I agree that thread krapping is lame and my opinion of his pricing is irrelevant.

II have an FF annual 6 in 3.5 and I could take it out of the bag I might even do that tonight

9 minutes ago, grebal said:

All in all, disproportionate pricing takes care of itself, i.e. the book will not sell. No need to laugh about it, IMO.
What I did not like is the "thousands of comics" reply, which does not make much sense, as – especially a dealer – should be motivated to do so.
Not mandatory, of course, but if you want to sell…

There's no way I'm taking every book out of the bag to scan.... I sometimes have as many as a dozen to do :sumo: NO COMICS FOR YOU.... Go to the back of the line! GOD BLESS....

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

There's no way I'm taking every book out of the bag to scan.... I sometimes have as many as a dozen to do :sumo: NO COMICS FOR YOU.... Go to the back of the line! GOD BLESS....

Friends of Jesus do not receive special treatment, they go to the back of the line themselves. (tsk)
;)