• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I thought about asking the guy that has about a 100 books in his 1st post for a recap.  By the time I get to the end, I have forgotten what I saw.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

What’s the difference if he had 10 books each in 10 consecutive posts (shrug)

Did you see that mega quote in DR.X's thread?  :baiting:That's what his post looked like.   

6 hours ago, vaillant said:
13 hours ago, Jeffro. said:
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, grebal said:

RE: Drive by sales thread that assumes CGC shoppers are suckers.  [FF Ann 6 in 4.5 or nicer $175, one scan of book in wrinkly bag]

I agree with Cliff R not to drive away members here to participate.

I completely disagree with Cliff R that the new poster who joined to try to sell his FF Ann 6 showed any sign that he is here to participate.

Though I tried to delete my offending post in the thread (I commented that I thought it was exorbitant price) since I agree that thread krapping is lame and my opinion of his pricing is irrelevant.

I couldn't care less what he charges. He can charge whatever he wants, as can anyone but he admits on page 2 of the thread that he's not looking for a chat forum. He's only here to pimp his wares and his one attempt to do so was a sh:censored:tty one that you'd likely see from an ebay seller who has no idea what he's doing. eff him.

Actually not. That was the first impression, but then he liked all the posts that constructively gave him advice on how to peruse the forum and start anew with a better sales thread.
I am not saying we should encourage sloppiness or nonchalance, but definitely "piling on" (and not in a humorous way) does not help.
Plus, if one wants to behave in a "jerky" way, this quickly shows as a lack of care/respect, so a gentle ribbing from the "vets" is all it takes to make sure he reacts & makes a negative impression to begin with.
That’s the "newbie" choice. Up to him.

Just happened by this same comic listed on obay, it turns out this FF Special 6 comic was listed on greedbay since Dec 1, so another rule ignored.  Not to pick at a scab, rather just because it's accurate information and I recognized the comic and the assigned grade while shopping.  I chuckled when I saw that his shillbay opening bid was 25 lower than he asked for here, heh, plus feebay takes its final value rate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-King-Size-Annual-6-Hot-Book-4-5-VG-1968-1st-Annihilus/292843301497?hash=item442ed22a79:g:yeQAAOSw175cCfuf#viTabs_0

We talking about the signed book thread?  I scrolled down a couple times and gave up since they all blended together.  He had some cool stuff but the format was not great.

34 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

We talking about the signed book thread?  I scrolled down a couple times and gave up since they all blended together.  He had some cool stuff but the format was not great.

I have no idea what thread they were referencing either!

Someone's taking an all caps moderator shout out approach to his sales thread... 

20 minutes ago, cmcfan said:

ON A SIDE NOTE:

HEY MODERATORS, TREAT US WITH RESPECT AND GIVE US A WARNING ON WHAT WE CAN CHANGE BEFORE YOU REMOVE A PERSONS THREAD.  IN CASE YOU ARE NOT AWARE, IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT TO RUN A THREAD AND MOST OF US ARE ADULTS AND DON'T NEED TO BE TREATED AS CHILDREN.  FEEL FREE TO BUILD THE COMMUNITY WITH RESPECT BY COMMUNICATING WITH THE MEMBERS.  YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH BETTER OF A PLACE THIS COULD BE. 

JEFF

223295868_cottongif.jpg.73d914bf60d4fd94ecbbe8bb994269fe.jpg

43 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Someone's taking an all caps moderator shout out approach to his sales thread... 

223295868_cottongif.jpg.73d914bf60d4fd94ecbbe8bb994269fe.jpg

In the time it took him to type that out, I bet he could have actually done something really innovative, like read the rules...;) 

maybe

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

In the time it took him to type that out, I bet he could have actually done something really innovative, like read the rules...;) 

maybe

It flowed out pretty easily and quickly.  You must have not read the rules either if you think it's quicker to read them then type that short phrase. :foryou: The point was the lack of communication and respect for the time and effort it takes to do a sales thread.  You know 'skypinkblue' how long it can take to get ready for a thread, let alone the time to post the photos and descriptions.  Yet in that multi hour time frame you have spent it can all just go away in a flash with a lame email response.  I think email correspondence could have stated something as simple as, you must add a return policy or please remove.... or That phrasing is.... I don't think that is asking to much, I have talked to many people on these boards and they all feel the same way.  I am not asking for some massive change, just a small one for the better.

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

This isn't aimed at any one person.  CGC has listed a short set of rules that are required, for people to list books here for free.  I don't have any sympathy for anyone that don't follow them, and get their thread removed.   Arch has placed the guidelines at the top, in bold and colored.  There should be no excuse.  

Or, maybe as the key point in terms of being patient, one should just have to point out to new members (or members selling again after a long time): please read the rules, there are some changes.
I see the point of @cmcfan, because I believe he was thinking of a few cases where a thread was quickly pulled maybe because there was just a little amiss. But alas, they had been a few cases, IIRC.

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Or, maybe as the key point in terms of being patient, one should just have to point out to new members (or members selling again after a long time): please read the rules, there are some changes.
I see the point of @cmcfan, because I believe he was thinking of a few cases where a thread was quickly pulled maybe because there was just a little amiss. But alas, they had been a few cases, IIRC.

We've been over this warning thing a zillion times. We've asked if warnings could be done for years. I have asked about it, others have asked, but Arch feels that it will just lead to arguments  or at least that's what I got out of the threads he has posted and lately I think he's got a point.  

Since he nixed the warnings, I asked Arch a few months ago to highlight the rules in red at the top of the pages, he did that, so they are pretty easy to find.  There are  links in red at the top of every page.

I only look at certain sales threads, it has to be something that hits me and I often skip the top post unless I find something I want to buy, so I don't see that many, but personally, I pm people if I think they made an  error and I see it.  I've had a few rude responses lately, so I don't go out of my way so much anymore.

There are people who feel that rules don't apply to them,   especially if they disagree.  In each case  when I pmed them and got a rude or no response, it was something about hinting at or asking for Personal Paypal. We do have the option of just asking for a check or MO and not asking for Paypal at all, yet I've had two sellers ask me to pay Personal PP after I took something from their threads where that requirement was not mentioned. One gave me a huge argument and that turned me off. 

So @cmcfan, I'm sorry if you had a problem, I know it's a PITA to relist stuff.   I save everything in Word when I write a sales thread, just in case I make a mistake, because ANYONE can make one.   But if I made one and my thread was pulled, I'd just say "sorry". 

We are guests here after all. If i go to someone's house, I follow their rules.

So I stand by my statement, ...instead of kvetching, take some time and read the rules...and yes, I've read them many times, because I don't have them memorized, I'll go back and look again if I'm not sure. It DOES take a long time to list stuff, so I don't want to have a problem  Luckily I'm a very fast reader, I read a lot faster than I can list.  :foryou: (for both of you)

Edited by skypinkblu
extra word

It's the mods job to pull threads that violate board policy. They shouldn't be tasked with the job to inform the person of the violation then wait for a response.

Like Bird, sky, comicdonna, and just about every other board member has already said, there's 4 or 5 very simple rules to follow to be allowed to sell on this FREE site. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

[…] So I stand by my statement, ...instead of kvetching, take some time and read the rules...and yes, I've read them many times, because I don't have them memorized, I'll go back and look again if I'm not sure. It DOES take a long time to list stuff, so I don't want to have a problem  Luckily I'm a very fast reader, I read a lot faster than I can list.  :foryou: (for both of you)

I was not saying @cmcfan's approach was best, I also do not know much of past instances.
Personally I just give advice in the thread, if one cares is always responsive. Doing PMs is more time-consuming, plus you have to remember to delete them. :)

41 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

It's the mods job to pull threads that violate board policy.

Bingo, and if you've been on here for a few years quite thinking you get to dodge the rules and can do what you want. You know better. And it's also not allowed to try and ask for ( other ) payment methods to suite yourself. People are watching these boards morso that you might think. They read stuff, even before it gets the gaff hook.

Edited by DR.X

1 hour ago, KPR Comics said:

Said it before, just make No Returns the default return policy.  One less rule to police.  

Actually it is completely the opposite.

Retailers have to specify no returns or all returns are accepted.

1 minute ago, NP_Gresham said:

Actually it is completely the opposite.

Retailers have to specify no returns or all returns are accepted.

How is what I said opposite of anything?  If the default is No Returns, then that is the default.