• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, crassus said:

Personally I would have no trouble with #2, there is a difference I think with absolute claims. Another example might be a seller mistakenly claiming that a given grade is "sole highest" on the census, it would not be threadkrapping to post a correction. I think some may object that the best way to "correct" is first by PM, and only if it remains uncorrected to post. 2c

I listed a book in the GA "under 10 copies on the Census thread". I read the wrong line and I was wrong. Someone corrected me. Had they done the same thing in a sales thread I would have appreciated the correction the same way that I did there. If I make an error, and it can happen, I want to know.  I think if you are polite, it's fine, but personally, I normally pm people instead of posting in the thread.

Then there is Greggy;) but he's just being Greggy and I usually don't mind, I'd miss his comments. I don't think he's ever been given a strike for his comments on sales threads, but I "Think" he only does that with people he knows.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Then there is Greggy;) but he's just being Greggy and I usually don't mind, I'd miss his comments. I don't think he's ever been given a strike for his comments on sales threads, but I "Think" he only does that with people he knows.

I once echoed a comment Greggy made in a Sales thread. It was along the lines of 'when is the good stuff coming' or 'is that all'. I only echoed Greggy's comment because I had already bought one book and was looking to pick up more. The seller PM'ed me very upset, basically saying it's okay with him for Greggy to comment but not me.  So for those of you that advocated banter in a sales thread, please make note of my experience. Again, I am still confused. 

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Then there is Greggy;) but he's just being Greggy and I usually don't mind, I'd miss his comments.

but we all have Greggy on ignore, even though he's not on ignore.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:21 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Have warnings ever been given by the mods for threadkrapping ? There doesn't seem to be an actual stated rule against it in the Sales Thread Rules . It's obvious there are a lot of different opinions as to what even constitues a threadkrap.

- Ever see a sales thread where a book is way underpriced and immediately bought. Then come the comments about how it was a steal. Don't you think the seller feels like 'krap' after seeing these comments. Yet, it seems to be condoned and not considered a threadkrap.

- What about all the commentary about how nice a book is, how good a price it is, why is it still here,etc.. Often, these comments come off as a bunch of 'krap', with the sellers buddies chatting it up. 

I'm all for being respectful and restraining from comment in a sales thread. I'm honestly just confused .

One seller ( I won't even call him a boardie as he contributes nothing but buying and selling ) has received several strikes for krapping in other peoples sales threads 2c

24 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

One seller ( I won't even call him a boardie as he contributes nothing but buying and selling ) has received several strikes for krapping in other peoples sales threads 2c

KRAPZILLA?

3 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Hey Casey ! I know exactly who you are refering to. Did not know about the strikes though. 

Is it OK to open two sales threads within a span of 24 hours?  All the books in my first thread sold and I closed it. Now I have couple of other books which am planning to sell.

Should I reopen the closed thread or just open a new one. Not exactly sure about the rules here or should I wait until I can open a new thread.

In the process of liquidating my collection and missed a few books while opening/closing the first thread, so kind of confused.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Killua said:

Is it OK to open two sales threads within a span of 24 hours?  All the books in my first thread sold and I closed it. Now I have couple of other books which am planning to sell.

Should I reopen the closed thread or just open a new one. Not exactly sure about the rules here or should I wait until I can open a new thread.

In the process of liquidating my collection and missed a few books while opening/closing the first thread, so kind of confused.

Thanks!

New thread.  If you use the Marked As Sold Function (see below) you couldn't even add new posts.  As far as I see there is no time criteria to open another thread (especially in light of selling all with the other thread).

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, skypinkblu said:

It's a tiny bit scarce...but I think it's also something about the #22, next time accidentally list Fantastic Comics 22 or Amazing Man 22 and see if you get a similar response (dive under the bed quickly after typing those numbers out;) 

No problem.

Just dont' have two ACTIVE ones running in the same sub-forum.

Although it's apparently common for one seller, I wouldn't risk it.

4 minutes ago, telerites said:

If you use the Marked As Sold Function (see below) you couldn't even add new posts.

It is possible to open a closed sales thread. Just click the "unmark as sold" button  You can then add new posts.

8 minutes ago, telerites said:

New thread.  If you use the Marked As Sold Function (see below) you couldn't even add new posts.  As far as I see there is no time criteria to open another thread (especially in light of selling all with the other thread).

Well, one of the answers in the thread says that you can unlock the thread if the buyer backs out of a purchase. 

Anyways, I think i will go with a New thread if there is no specific time criteria. Thanks for the reply :foryou:

2 minutes ago, Killua said:

Well, one of the answers in the thread says that you can unlock the thread if the buyer backs out of a purchase. 

Anyways, I think i will go with a New thread if there is no specific time criteria. Thanks for the reply :foryou:

Yes, @DeadOne corrected me above.  

Good luck.

34 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

To me, that is what we don't need. It isn't a blatant "overgraded and your mother wears combat boots" comment but still.

Question someone stating something as fact (blatantly twisting GPA) or misstating the CGC census in the vein of the only 9.8 when there are 12 would be up for debate as to dropping in a thread.

Wildly overgraded or a disagreement about grade should be kept to a PM if you are interested in the book. 

On 1/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Have warnings ever been given by the mods for threadkrapping ? There doesn't seem to be an actual stated rule against it in the Sales Thread Rules . It's obvious there are a lot of different opinions as to what even constitues a threadkrap.

- Ever see a sales thread where a book is way underpriced and immediately bought. Then come the comments about how it was a steal. Don't you think the seller feels like 'krap' after seeing these comments. Yet, it seems to be condoned and not considered a threadkrap.

- What about all the commentary about how nice a book is, how good a price it is, why is it still here,etc.. Often, these comments come off as a bunch of 'krap', with the sellers buddies chatting it up. 

I'm all for being respectful and restraining from comment in a sales thread. I'm honestly just confused .

People have been given strikes for threadkrapping in the past. Threadkrapping in the past being defined as being a complete tool in someone's thread along the lines of continuing a fight from somehwere else on the boards or reaming them on grading (not in any type of constructive way) or accusing them of something underhanded.

I don't think there are different opinions as to what constitutes a threadkrap but more of degrees. I consider something crude and classless that impedes a seller from selling a book that has no basis in tact or fact and would get you (general you) punched in the mouth if you said it at someone's booth.

"Isn't GPA a little lower than that" most likely doesn't get you punched but "Your books are overgraded and look like krap" loudly as you walk by is probably gonna get you thumped.

I am not sure how you think banter is krapping? Joking and goofing is banter. Between people who know each other or, at the very least, are clearly goofing and the seller doesn't care. In the case you mentioned, the seller cared. 

There shouldn't need to be a hard and fast rule around this. The majority is common sense. If societal norms preclude you from saying it in person, it should be the same here but don't be shocked at what happens if you say it anyway.