• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MadJimJaspers said:

It's the same when you are using CTL+V. I still have yet to figure out how people are notified and reply before pages load but maybe that's a good thing.

Not sure I understand your answer. I'm still confused.

12 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Not sure I understand your answer. I'm still confused.

CTL+V is a keyboard command. You copy your "take it" and simply press two keys simultaneously to instantly post. It's quicker and one of the tactics people have been using to get an edge.

1 minute ago, MadJimJaspers said:

CTL+V is a keyboard command. You copy your "take it" and simply press two keys simultaneously to instantly post. It's quicker and one of the tactics people have been using to get an edge.

I do understand that. I just don't understand how it answers my question. But I do appreciate the response !

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Anybody ever see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tries to claim a 100 reward because he was greeted with a 'Hey' as oppossed to the stated 'Hello' . They gave him 20 bucks claiming 'Hey' is a form of 'Hello'. This is my question. Is any form of  :takeit:acceptable ? IMO, it should not. Pretty soon just saying 'T' will be okay.  

You can copy/paste :takeit:just as you can text. The formality of how one states a purchase is irrelevant to the time it takes one to post it. Setting a rule that requires "take it" vs :takeit: would change nothing. That was my answer to your question.

57 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Serious question here. In light of the lightning round action in many sales threads, the difference in simply saying 'Take' as opposed to clicking on the emoticon :takeit:could be a second or two difference. So, does a :takeit:trump a 'Take' ???  

I may be wrong, but I think it's easier to post "Take" from a phone, than to post :takeit:.  I think CGC was trying to be phone friendly when they redid the forum, but it's not really as easy as typing on a PC or laptop.

If a seller cares, he/she can state in their rules that they want a :takeit: rather than "Take" but if I had a sales thread, I probably would never ask that. I like the fact that people can buy during lunch or on a train (hopefully not while driving;) 

What might be disturbing is that it's a new trend, and some of us old timers were used to the other way. I don't know about  you, but I started here before I had a smart phone, so I never cared before.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, MadJimJaspers said:
On 1/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, Columbia Comics said:

🙋🏻‍♂️ Guilty

yup, I had three strikes for threadkrapping. Served my punishment and haven’t had once since. 

And yeah, you are a coward Casey. Want to say bad things about me, you are welcome to. Just use my name please.  

Be the better person since I’m so horrible...

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Anybody ever see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tries to claim a 100 reward because he was greeted with a 'Hey' as oppossed to the stated 'Hello' . They gave him 20 bucks claiming 'Hey' is a form of 'Hello'. This is my question. Is any form of  :takeit:acceptable ? IMO, it should not. Pretty soon just saying 'T' will be okay.  

I was part of a rapid fire SA sales thread last year where one of the buyers started with "take it", then to "take", then finally just "t".  The seller had to tell him either use the take ie symbol, or "take".  Everyone is trying to get an edge on a fast moving thread. 

"take" seems fine, but "t" doesn't and shouldn't cut it. 

While looking at some new sales threads I must ask the question.... How can a book with a hard color breaking corner crease, covering half the width of the book, be graded a 7.5 ? Raw. 

I agree, but one person's 7.5 is another's...?

While looking at some new sales threads I must ask the question.... How can a book with a hard color breaking corner crease, covering half the width of the book, be graded a 7.5 ? Raw. 

1) They had WAY more tequila than the rest of us (shrug)

2) They GREEDY

3) All of the above

GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

I was part of a rapid fire SA sales thread last year where one of the buyers started with "take it", then to "take", then finally just "t".  The seller had to tell him either use the take ie symbol, or "take".  Everyone is trying to get an edge on a fast moving thread. 

"take" seems fine, but "t" doesn't and shouldn't cut it. 

Unreal.  I had never seen anyone do that.  If you look up "T" in some urban dictionaries, it can mean a lot of things, even a 1/16 ounce of crystal meth but not "I'll take it."

Edited by telerites

7 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Probably about the same time CGC started grading books with sub-creases as 6.5 when that was the only "major" flaw among a few other flaws.  This book being pressed also doesn't display any handling wear, dings or dents and the only flaws are the crease (which is smoothed due to pressing) and the small tear on the front cover along with a few color breaking spine ticks.  

I've seen you comment on a lot of books and you have a notoriously harsher opinion.  Grading is subjective but I've been around long enough to know how to grade.

To each their own.

I usually state unconditional :takeit: gets the item, conditional means nothing really except that you are interested. Take is fine. And of course whatever the seller states is okay is okay, that is how it is supposed to work (if not why not?). Sellers make rules for their threads with cgc having some minimum requirements as explained in the rules. Certainly use of the emoji is not one of them. 

29 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

My rules state any variation of takeit counts. If someone uses t as a takeit then so be it. The intent is clear. 

But how do you know t = :takeit:

Could be someone starting typing - That's a cool book and after they typed T, they inadvertently hit submit.   

Or could throat warbler mangrove (channeling my inner Monty Python) = :takeit:

I have a few folks here who call me t because of my board name.

Not trying to threadcap but I am just curious as to what are the variations of :takeit: - how many variations of :takeit: ?

I assume it is up to the discretion of the seller but let's say a potential buyer assumes p for purchase or b for buy wold equal :takeit:, do those count?

I was just thinking of Dale's thread where it was rapid fire with little thought or review and multiple :takeit: for many of the items.

I dunno. I've never experienced a frenzy in my sales threads so it's never been an issue. 

My point is that each seller should determine his or her own rules rather than delegating to more board legislation.