• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Is it NOT okay to post links to the sales threads (or posts) that are often the topics of discussion for this Discussion Thread?

Personally, I don't believe it's bad form to include a link to the thread in question, but given the amount of questions asked or comments made here that do not include a link, I think I might be mistaken.

It used to be routine, by my recollection, so please post links. There is no rule against it. 

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I bolded the part where you said the Asm 403 was trimmed.

A 1995 comic is modern, yes? (eBay categories say yes....)

No, it was #430 but that was on Ebay awhile ago. The comics I am referring to being sold now on this site are Bronze. Two different instances.

2 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Really? Jeff’s thread got pulled? WTF?? 

Do the mods even know this place at all and who the good boardies are?

Here’s what happened. I started a sales  thread on Jan 17 for Tales of the Zombies mags. I started the ASM thread on Jan 24 and today both ended up on page 1 as I bumped the Zombie thread. I assume - I may be wrong - that someone complained and the ASM thread got pulled. I emailed the Mods and am trying to get them to restore the ASM thread. :wishluck:

Just now, DeadOne said:

:cry:

@Jordysnordy  Were you given any reason?

I emailed the Mods. They said I have 2 open threads, which is true but 1 was started on Jan 17 for my TOTZ and the ASM thread was started a week later on Jan 24. Today I bumped the TOTZ thread by adding a discount so I ended up with 2 sales threads on page 1. So I assume - and I may be wrong - that someone complained. I emailed the Mods back asking to re-open the ASM thread. :wishluck:

8 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I emailed the Mods. They said I have 2 open threads, which is true but 1 was started on Jan 17 for my TOTZ and the ASM thread was started a week later on Jan 24. Today I bumped the TOTZ thread by adding a discount so I ended up with 2 sales threads on page 1. So I assume - and I may be wrong - that someone complained. I emailed the Mods back asking to re-open the ASM thread. :wishluck:

Is that against the guidelines?

The only guideline that I could see where this might be interpreted as such would be #2, which states:

No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

There is no way that your sales threads violated any part of that guideline.
I think it's completely normal and natural for your black and white zombie magazines to be separated from your CGC encapsulated Spider-Man comics.

5 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Is that against the guidelines?

The only guideline that I could see where this might be interpreted as such would be #2, which states:

No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

There is no way that your sales threads violated any part of that guideline.
I think it's completely normal and natural for your black and white zombie magazines to be separated from your CGC encapsulated Spider-Man comics.

I agree with you. I hope the Mods will also.

6 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Up and running again - phew!

Next batch will be up tomorrow.

I just noticed something funny about this.

They thought you had more front page space than you deserved by having 2 open sales threads, so they pulled one. It looks like they tried to put it back but in doing so created not one, but two links to the same sales thread (one for the sales thread and one for the "removed post" that links to the same sales thread), thus giving you even more front page space than before. lol

Capture.JPG

Edited by DeadOne
added screen capture

1 minute ago, DeadOne said:

I just noticed something funny about this.

They thought you had more front page space than you deserved by having 2 open sales threads, so they pulled one. It looks like they tried to put it back but in doing so created not one, but two links to the same sales thread (one for the sales thread and one for the "removed post" that links to the same sales thread), thus giving you even more front page space than before. lol

lol

The dead one will quickly drop from front page.

Good call on restoring your other, older, thread.

You probably got button humped, since there are often 2 or even 3 threads by same member running simultaneously on first page, often containing a single book each, that escape detection/deletion.

Am I the only one (and, yes, I may be the only one) who thinks that a regroupong/addition is in order with the sales thread categories?

I would suggest:

Gold/Silver

Bronze/Copper

Modern

If Copper ended in 91 or 92, that means we have 25+ years worth of modern books, and Bronze and Copper seem to be much more similar in tone/collectors than Copper and Modern. 

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, RCheli said:

Am I the only one (and, yes, I may be the only one) who thinks that a regroupong/addition is in order with the sales thread categories?

I would suggest:

Gold/Silver

Bronze/Copper

Modern

If Copper ended in 91 or 92, that means we have 25+ years worth of modern books, and Bronze and Copper seem to be much more similar in tone/collectors than Copper and Modern. 

Thoughts?

I like it