• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Here's a catch-all thread for this...  Be very specific though on what you have and what you want to trade for..  It would help if you put in the title "For Trade"

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/46-mixed-age-threads-and-misc/

Perfect!  Thanks, MustEatBrains!

Can anyone answer this?

Older CGC slabs have shown letters embossed on the back panel with some variation to the inner well (small notch on the seal that extends out to the edge of the slab). I remember reading about this a long time ago, but can't seem to track down a thread. What's strange is that other than these two examples, I can't find a single letter on any of my older slabs.

Bronze age:

20190203_082535_resized.jpg

Golden Age:

20190203_093006_resized.jpg

On 2/3/2019 at 9:43 AM, MadJimJaspers said:

Can anyone answer this?

Older CGC slabs have shown letters embossed on the back panel with some variation to the inner well (small notch on the seal that extends out to the edge of the slab). I remember reading about this a long time ago, but can't seem to track down a thread. What's strange is that other than these two examples, I can't find a single letter on any of my older slabs.

Bronze age:

20190203_082535_resized.jpg

Golden Age:

20190203_093006_resized.jpg

Might be better off posting in Comics General:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/8-comics-general/

Could someone explain to me why a seller (or sellers) would start a sales thread that supposedly will have numerous books and then only post one or two at a time for days, while, apparently, not tending to the thread at all?  Isn't that contradictory to a successful thread? 

6 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Could someone explain to me why a seller (or sellers) would start a sales thread that supposedly will have numerous books and then only post one or two at a time for days, while, apparently, not tending to the thread at all?  Isn't that contradictory to a successful thread? 

Depends on if there are Cool Bookstm

10 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

To stay on top of the first page would be a more devious reason.

14 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

He could be just getting side tracked with needed scientific research, or maybe that's a stretch.

56 minutes ago, telerites said:

His profile shows he visited the boards four hours ago although his last past was February 3rd.

He did not answer my PM's nor my e-mail and did not send me a refund yet for the books that I did return and that he did receive back a week ago. I guess he is busy now and will respond me soon (shrug)

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, pickycollector said:

Just received news from Mark (Kramerica) this afternoon. He is currently on hospital and will take care of business after he does return.

It has been almost a week now since my post above and I still did not receive a refund.

Meanwhile, I have exchanged a few PM's with seller (Kramerica). When I finally did ask him why was he able to use his phone to write PM's but not to send me a Paypal refund, his answer was that I was not his priority, that he has other things in his mind and that he would need to transfer funds to his bank account in order to pay me.

That answer was last Tuesday. Since then he did not answer nor read my last PM although he seems to visit the Forum frequently (his last visit was seven hours ago).

Any advice of what I should do now?

7 hours ago, pickycollector said:

It has been almost a week now since my post above and I still did not receive a refund.

Meanwhile, I have exchanged a few PM's with seller (Kramerica). When I finally did ask him why was he able to use his phone to write PM's but not to send me a Paypal refund, his answer was that I was not his priority, that he has other things in his mind and that he would need to transfer funds to his bank account in order to pay me.

That answer was last Tuesday. Since then he did not answer nor read my last PM although he seems to visit the Forum frequently (his last visit was seven hours ago).

Any advice of what I should do now?

Sorry to hear this, Patrick.  It has been a while (several years) but if memory serves correctly, I purchased some books from this seller and the shipment was very slow.  I cannot remember all the details but I did get my books after lots of PM prompting from me.  Your situation is different as you are waiting on a refund.  

You might want to provide some more details as I assume you made a purchase and returned books, e.g., time frames of purchase, contact to return books, actual return of books, contacts to seller and anything else you think is pertinent.  

Have you let him know you are seeking guidance from the forum as to next steps?

ugh. first he misrepresents GPA. The when I PM him saying he might want to check for updated GPA data he gors from saying "last sale 7200" to "recent sale of 7200"

last sale was 6600 (under his ask) and theres actually been a sale at 7300 so now Im just confused why hes not citing the 7300 sale if he's gonna cherry pick?!?!? Hes not even doing that right?!?

David isn't the worst seller around here and he won't be the last to potentially misuse GPA.

I think a good rule would be that NO ONE quotes or uses GPA in their FS threads.  That removes any and all potential for misquotes.

If a potential buyer wants that info, they can do what we all do and pay George or they could kindly PM the seller and request a screenshot.

3 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

I think a good rule would be that NO ONE quotes or uses GPA in their FS threads.  That removes any and all potential for misquotes.

If a potential buyer wants that info, they can do what we all do and pay George or they could kindly PM the seller and request a screenshot.

^^