• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bird said:

Just pirate and solar boy going back-and-forth a little don’t be a Richard And a little I have a disorder that makes me not understand  stupid people then a little don’t make fun of the disabled with a little you’re stupid thrown in

i watched the posts and I must say - you did a well-versed, abbreviated recap.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, skypinkblu said:

I agree about the hyper inflation, it's already priced some of my collecting friends out of the market. One of my friends who searched eBay every day for 20 years, just stopped looking. He said it was a waste of time. He seems to have switched to collecting gold coins.

I find myself backing off lots of books that I would have grabbed a few years ago, especially books that were sold on this forum recently but seem to have doubled in price in weeks (on here) or are listed on eBay at twice the price. I just don't want to play that game.

I'm done with Marvel Silver Age, and pretty much Bronze, too. I own less than ten comics from the era after unloading what I did have. The crazy prices are just so unappealing. 

I know someone who's a much more serious collector (and bigger spender) than I, and he's unloaded a lot and isn't buying because of the runaway prices.

That said, I might be taking a bath on a few books at CLink auction right now. C'mon, irrational buyers, buy my books!

Don’t look now but it’s another very easily identifiable book looking to be flipped a week later for a 50% profit.

Love these “collectors”. If you don’t really want it, let someone else have it. Not to mention doing the same thing on a board purchase. 

Along with not disclosing certain defects,   this seller is officially on the list. 

8 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

A link or more info would be nice. Can't make heads or tails from your clue and don't have time to scour every sales thread.

I looked around but the only thread I thought that it might be had a zillion books, so no luck figuring it out from there either!

2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

A link or more info would be nice. Can't make heads or tails from your clue and don't have time to scour every sales thread.

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I looked around but the only thread I thought that it might be had a zillion books, so no luck figuring it out from there either!

I got a link and still can't figure it out.  

22 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Made the mistake of buying off that seller...once

11 minutes ago, manetteska said:

The eBay seller or the boards seller? hm

EBay seller who also didnt disclose issues with the book. I now know who the boards seller is through my own investigation.

I would be happy to disclose my story, just not sure what the rules/views are on that behavior.

Edited by MadJimJaspers

9 minutes ago, MadJimJaspers said:

EBay seller who also didnt disclose issues with the book. I now know who the boards seller is through my own investigation.

I would be happy to disclose my story, just not sure what the rules/views are on that behavior.

I agree the eBay seller is not the greatest, but in this instance my focus is on the board member. My earlier comments relate to him only.

30 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Spill it. 

Ebay seller lists a raw X-men 94 NM under auction. Ebay seller uses spam account to start a bid war with me to get the price high (I know this because the counter bidder had 0 stars). After receiving the book, I gave it a once over before putting it into my short box. I was moving at the time from AZ to CT so it wasn't high priority and the book honestly looks like a 9.4 from the front.

After the move, I was organizing my collection and decided to pull it out before sending it in to CGC. I opened the issue to find staining on interior pages that had permeated from the front cover. Staining was hidden on the front due to the dark colors of the cover. All in all, the purchase will cost me ~$600. I imagine this book was sold on the boards for what it really is, which is a ~7.5ish at $300. Furious, but I understand my neglect at not being thorough. 

EBay seller is Sparklecitycomics or what he goes by on the boards, vintagecomics

Edited by MadJimJaspers