• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, faster friends said:

I would call that fraud as well. Looks nothing like the actual book.

It actually isn't the actual, same book -- is it?  The middle scan is a Planet with a different serial number and White pages, while the other two have Off-White pages. 

ETA: There's a slight difference between the top and bottom scans, but not nearly as dramatic as what the middle image presents.  I'm under the assumption that all three scans were all supposed to be of the same book.

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Added info

13 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

It actually isn't the actual, same book -- is it?  The middle scan is a Planet with a different serial number and White pages, while the other two have Off-White pages. 

ETA: There's a slight difference between the top and bottom scans, but not nearly as dramatic as what the middle image presents.  I'm under the assumption that all three scans were all supposed to be of the same book.

That's a good pick up, Randall, I didn't notice that at all, I was busy trying to figure out how on earth they got those reds without messing up the CGC title?

Rick, maybe you mixed up the scans by accident? But I know what you meant. Sometimes I scan books to show the flaws, but I need to take a cell photo to show the real color and even then it depends on the light.

37 minutes ago, faster friends said:

I would call that fraud as well. Looks nothing like the actual book.

I am with you, and probably wouldn’t be to happy if I paid a premium to get the book with bright reds to only receive it with browns.

A lot if not all sellers on here have a “no returns on CGC books “, so what would people say if they received a book that someone manipulated the colors in the scan?

14 minutes ago, SamPool said:

I am with you, and probably wouldn’t be to happy if I paid a premium to get the book with bright reds to only receive it with browns.

A lot if not all sellers on here have a “no returns on CGC books “, so what would people say if they received a book that someone manipulated the colors in the scan?

I think if you got a manipulated book here and wanted to return it, the forum would back you up. 

Personally, unless you buy it in person,I never saw the reason for no returns of CGC books.

3 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Thanks. I’m looking into this 

On 4/28/2019 at 4:21 PM, skypinkblu said:

That's a good pick up, Randall, I didn't notice that at all, I was busy trying to figure out how on earth they got those reds without messing up the CGC title?

Rick, maybe you mixed up the scans by accident? But I know what you meant. Sometimes I scan books to show the flaws, but I need to take a cell photo to show the real color and even then it depends on the light.

I did mix up the scans by accident. I am relieved and embarrassed. doh!

24 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

So, here is the listed auction scan and the final actual book. I had two Planet 17 5.0s so I got it all mixed up. Still, juiced a little bit but acceptable and very strong. 

IMG_0674.PNG

IMG_1436.JPG

That is rather juiced. Red vs Rust.

17 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Man, G/S/B is poppin' with good stuff today. 

+1. Yesterday was nuts. :banana: I was pushing my sales thread like a racehorse trying in vain to keep up with my buying.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, Point Five said:

+1. Yesterday was nuts. :banana: I was pushing my sales thread like a racehorse trying in vain to keep up with my buying.

I was thinking about listing 150 books, but I am going to wait until next month. A ton of nice stuff in the marketplace lately.