• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

Well, I had in mind eBay auctions, not BINs. I've seen many auctions of hot books with lots of pictures but no grade.

If that comment pisses people off, that's fine. I've had no problems selling books, and if I run off a few cantankerous buyers, good. 

Edited by DavidTheDavid

7 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Oh yeah, this will end well

I'd rather take my chances with those $84 GA and SA books from China that keep popping up on ebay. Just crunched the numbers -- for $20K I would have 238 chances to actually get a book. hm

• Administrator

Hi all,

Just wanted to mention that we've updated rule #2 in the Usage Guidelines thread for the Forum Only Selling Area:

The rule is now:

No spamming. Group your for sale items into one thread in each sub-forum. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads are not allowed.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, CCGmod2 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to mention that we've updated rule #2 in the Usage Guidelines thread for the Forum Only Selling Area:

The rule is now:

Thanks!

Welcome to the boards!

Wow, that Hulk 181 scam was hilariously dumb. The book he swiped photos from is for sale in the marketplace right now.

I noticed that the "seller" registered here in February of last year. So he was biding his time for a year and three months to do... that?  :D

13 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Wow, that Hulk 181 scam was hilariously dumb. The book he swiped photos from is for sale in the marketplace right now.

I noticed that the "seller" registered here in February of last year. So he was biding his time for a year and three months to do... that?  :D

That was bold. Stupid. Irrational. Easily found out. But man, was that bold.

I say auto-HOS, but with 3 whole posts, does it really matter?

"For sale: a couple of $50,000 books for only $20. Need money, due to the unexplained death of my goldfish, Arthur Curry. Uncontrollable grief. No questions asked sale: don't ask questions and I won't, either. If you need pictures, please search the Gold/Silver/Bronze sales section, where someone is likely to have pictures of my books already posted. Thanks."

49 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"For sale: a couple of $50,000 books for only $20. Need money, due to the unexplained death of my goldfish, Arthur Curry. Uncontrollable grief. No questions asked sale: don't ask questions and I won't, either. If you need pictures, please search the Gold/Silver/Bronze sales section, where someone is likely to have pictures of my books already posted. Thanks."

Shut Up And Take My Money!  (worship)

3 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

If you drop the price, show the original price - otherwise I don’t believe you dropped the price and I don’t feel like I’m getting a deal.  

Rant over.  

I hadn't thought about that but yeah, why would you erase the original price. 

3 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

If you drop the price, show the original price - otherwise I don’t believe you dropped the price and I don’t feel like I’m getting a deal.  

Rant over.  

On par with deleting the sales price when a book is sold.  It's nothing more than an attempt to use the "knowledge is power" approach.