• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, MCMiles said:

I haven't been around much but have been checking out the selling forum a bit lately. What's with the shipping of slabs in medium flat rate boxes? Those have never allowed for enough protection on the ends and can result in a lot of cracked slabs. 

one tap and its over.

39 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

How do you feel about boardies who ask for time payments, miss payment schedule while still buying with straight up :takeit: on the boards?

I personally think it’s disingenuous to be doing stuff like that but curious what others here think.

Wouldn't missing a payment disqualify the sale?  I am guessing that time payments would have tight rules agreed to by both parties ? 

16 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Wouldn't missing a payment disqualify the sale?  I am guessing that time payments would have tight rules agreed to by both parties ? 

Yes, agree, which makes the behavior even more egregious when you miss a payment and see the person continuing to straight buy on the boards.  If they are spending on new books then they should have the $$ to meet previous obligations.

The question posed another way, Is it ok for someone to make time payments on a book (even if on time) and still buy other books on the boards while that transaction is still open?

I know I’ve seen in Dale R sales threads something along the lines of if you ask for payment don’t be snatching up other books until you wrap up his deal.

I have two boardies making time payments to me and they can buy whatever else they want as far as I am concerned. Our clearly stated terms mention nothing about other purchases 

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

I have two boardies making time payments to me and they can buy whatever else they want as far as I am concerned. Our clearly stated terms mention nothing about other purchases 

If they missed a payment or short payed you while continuing to buy would you bail on the deal?

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

If they missed a payment or short payed you while continuing to buy would you bail on the deal?

My terms cover all that and answer is no as I build some leeway into monthly payment as long as final deadline gets met

Is there a place on the board where one can create a "practice sales post" that is unseen by others?  For example, for figuring out how to post scans, hide rear cover pics, try out image sizes, etc.  I'd like to start a sales thread one of these days but don't wanna mess it up.  I swear I saw a reference to one a while back but I'll be danged if I can find it!  Thanks in advance for any help...

3 minutes ago, Roo_Phillip said:

Is there a place on the board where one can create a "practice sales post" that is unseen by others?  For example, for figuring out how to post scans, hide rear cover pics, try out image sizes, etc.  I'd like to start a sales thread one of these days but don't wanna mess it up.  I swear I saw a reference to one a while back but I'll be danged if I can find it!  Thanks in advance for any help...

Not unseen but a place to test...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/11-testing-1-2-3/

3 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Oh that’s cool, was wondering why I only saw the 1 ridiculous test post I made 2 years ago!

The forum shows no posts for me.  I might have to post something to fill that void.  lol