• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Given the unknown facts I agree that PL would not be appropriate at this time. 

For myself, if the book turns up in the short term in some other buyer's hands, you would have a very persuasive case for the PL. I agree with those above who find the communication with the buyer a bit odd. If I post a book (and yes absolutely mistakes happen) and then discover I don't know where it is, I'm going to buy time to find it, and placate the buyer to try to keep the transaction going while I find it. To lose a book is embarrassing and most people would be looking to fix it by finding it, rather than being in a hurry to call off the search. 

The other thing is, if I had to cancel a transaction and look like a loser because I lost a valuable SA book, and then I were in the short term to find it again, I would first be contacting the original buyer and asking if he still wanted it, at the very least in the hopes of keeping the confidence of my clientele. 2c

I went to the thread to look at the book, in case I saw it FS later.  All the scans have been removed from the thread.  Also, he hasn't replied to this thread.  None of this looks good for the seller.  

Hello All,

Looked for the book shortly after the PayPal Payment email was sent to prep for sending out.  Unable to locate it, we sent refund. We will continue to scour our books. 

Sorry. Won’t happen again. 

Thanks for your understanding.

The L Family

21 minutes ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello All,

Looked for the book shortly after the PayPal Payment email was sent to prep for sending out.  Unable to locate it, we sent refund. We will continue to scour our books. 

The L Family

While not exactly PL material here, I'm sure it's safe to say this clowns days of selling on the boards have come to an end. 

Buy Bye scam-meister.  :hi:

41 minutes ago, faster friends said:

No one loses a $1000 book. And to refund so fast is sketchy. Most people would have said hey, let me look a bit.

I fear this sellers time here is done.

To be clear, a $1000 book that was listed for $490

Edited by comicdonna

51 minutes ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello All,

The L Family

When did you take the photos of the book and why did you subsequently remove them from the thread?  Trust me you wouldn’t be the first seller to realize that you may have underpriced, me included, the difference is majority of folks here will take that short term bullet to maintain in good standing.  Integrity is everything brother.

51 minutes ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello All,

Looked for the book shortly after the PayPal Payment email was sent to prep for sending out.  Unable to locate it, we sent refund.

You looked for it what,  a whole ten minutes. You lose an expensive book. Sure.

We will continue to scour our books.

Why not scour for it first before issuing a refund. Please.

How can you guarantee it won't happen again, you seem to lose things around here.

I won't speak for anyone else but understand what? I understand this sounds like a crock of crapola.

The L Family

The X family

3 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Trust me you wouldn’t be the first seller to realize that you may have underpriced, me included, the difference is majority of folks here will take that short term bullet to maintain in good standing.  Integrity is everything brother.

Bingo. I've made lots of mistakes pricing. Boardies bring it up, and even buyers, but I sell it regardless of my screw up and roll on.

14 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Bingo. I've made lots of mistakes pricing. Boardies bring it up, and even buyers, but I sell it regardless of my screw up and roll on.

But that's, GASP, integrity! :whatthe:

Wish everybody had and used it. :D

1 hour ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello All,

The L Family

I have seen 3 messages that this seller sent and were posted here.  All 3 were 95% the same - (paraphrasing) lost the book, sorry, my bad.  He certainly isn't really trying that hard to explain.  I am guessing future sales may be slim.

Edited by Spidey 62

10 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

I have seen 3 messages that this seller sent and were posted here.  All 3 were 95% the same - (paraphrasing) lost the book, sorry, my bad.  He certainly isn't really trying that hard to explain.  I am guessing future sales may be slim.

If I remember correctly there may be a language issue with this seller. 

I don't think there's any justification for reimbursing more than the amount paid based on GPA but reposting a scan of the book with serial number would ease my mind a bit with regard to the seller.  If the book is indeed lost then there's no reason not to do it and it indicates good faith on @GEEzusWalks part since any future sale of that book by the seller WOULD create an unjust enrichment amount that would bring the PL into play if CC wanted to nominate/seek reimbursement for any amount that exceeds the agreed upon price. (shrug)

First off, I want to say that I'm not interested in any sort of "unjust enrichment" at the expense of @GEEzusWalks.  Quite frankly, with a board name like that, maybe they'll take the additional monies they received (or will receive) and donate it to their church.

Secondly, as many stated, it's damn near impossible to prove if the book was actually lost or not.  Given the responses (or lack thereof), I'd say that beyond a reasonable doubt, it was not lost and they simply didn't want to sell it for the agreed upon price.  Is this considered a breach of contact?  I would argue yes as there was an offer and acceptance.  However, since I was immediately refunded, many feel that a PL nomination isn't justified.  I would ask this:  if roles are reversed and I agreed to buy something and never paid, would I be nominated to the PL?  Using the same logic (I was made whole), the answer should be no....since the seller in this example was not defrauded. 

The PL list is a very interesting list:  does someone actually have to be defrauded to be placed there???  I genuinely want to know...

What I think is a better option is to allow individuals, such as myself, to leave a comment on someone's kudos thread.  Similar to eBay feedback, kudos threads should reflect a buyer's experience with a seller.  I realize it could become a FFA but I don't believe it would be.  It would give someone an outlet to express disappointment and server as a permanent reminder that a particular seller is NOT above board.

The problem with discussing problem sellers here is that in a week or two, these posts will cycle out of favor and people will forget....well mostly...

On 6/3/2019 at 6:02 PM, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello All,

The L Family

Sorry, I don't believe you and I will avoid transactions with you in the future.

2 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

First off, I want to say that I'm not interested in any sort of "unjust enrichment" at the expense of @GEEzusWalks.  Quite frankly, with a board name like that, maybe they'll take the additional monies they received (or will receive) and donate it to their church.

Secondly, as many stated, it's damn near impossible to prove if the book was actually lost or not.  Given the responses (or lack thereof), I'd say that beyond a reasonable doubt, it was not lost and they simply didn't want to sell it for the agreed upon price.  Is this considered a breach of contact?  I would argue yes as there was an offer and acceptance.  However, since I was immediately refunded, many feel that a PL nomination isn't justified.  I would ask this:  if roles are reversed and I agreed to buy something and never paid, would I be nominated to the PL?  Using the same logic (I was made whole), the answer should be no....since the seller in this example was not defrauded. 

The PL list is a very interesting list:  does someone actually have to be defrauded to be placed there???  I genuinely want to know...

What I think is a better option is to allow individuals, such as myself, to leave a comment on someone's kudos thread.  Similar to eBay feedback, kudos threads should reflect a buyer's experience with a seller.  I realize it could become a FFA but I don't believe it would be.  It would give someone an outlet to express disappointment and server as a permanent reminder that a particular seller is NOT above board.

The problem with discussing problem sellers here is that in a week or two, these posts will cycle out of favor and people will forget....well mostly...

My opinion on the bolded part is ignoring it and not paying gets you on the PL but saying you want to return it and save both people shipping fees would likely be okay. A less than honest buyer could always claim hardship and ask to be let out of the deal, which would be somewhat analogous to claiming to lose a book that you have sold as neither claim could be verified. .A seller has little recourse, especially if paid via paypal goods and services. My own opinion is that no one should feel forced to do anything but that communication is key. 

The HoS and PL seem to be here for the more extreme cases and personal lists can carry the rest (I use the ignore function...I do not recall why I am ignoring some people but trust my past self on it). This thread serves to remind people and I appreciate it when others post relevant info about past behavior that I might not recall. For instance I did not know that this was the third time geezuswalks has done this and he was on my ignore list as soon as you posted this case but it is good to know about the other two times. Community minded people help remind us of those that are self-oriented.

1 minute ago, Columbia Comics said:

@Bird  so thoughts on the idea of using the "kudos" threads as a general feedback thread?  At least it would be a more accessible thread vs. having to dig into the 1660+ pages of this thread.

I skipped that part as I just don't know. I think the mods want to stay out of sales and people would be complaining to them constantly about less than excellent feedback. And shady dudes would just not have a kudos thread top avoid the issue. I think we all need to step up and be more vocal in this thread about shenanigans we encounter I guess. So thank you for bringing your case to the attention of the rest of us. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Columbia Comics said:

However, since I was immediately refunded, many feel that a PL nomination isn't justified.  I would ask this:  if roles are reversed and I agreed to buy something and never paid, would I be nominated to the PL?  Using the same logic (I was made whole), the answer should be no....since the seller in this example was not defrauded. 

I think it comes down to how the person can get removed in my mind but I know that's not how it should be thought of.  I'm not a fan of anyone going on when neither party is out of pocket, including being more personally forgiving toward buyers who flake out on deals than most here .  So, yes, the buyer who flakes out can be nominated but their clear path is removal is completing the purchase...pretty easy stuff because the lost money was the agreed upon price.  The seller who can't find a book is either lying or telling the truth but proving it is nearly impossible (as you said) so I wouldn't be in full support of a PL nomination until we could prove that the seller was deceitful which is difficult without identifying a subsequent sale where punitive amounts can be attached to the PL.  In my mind, if he doesn't re-post the scans of the book he lost he at the very least ends up on more personal lists since that is a deliberate attempt to remove the paper trail that would prove he lied.