• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

@bababooey  you'll never see that book offered by him/her again on this site.  So in that regard, there's no repercussions for the seller unless they're dumb enough to try and sell it again here (it won't happen).

I wouldn't expect to see it on here but if the guy wasn't lying about losing the book he'd have no reason to not re-post his pics of it (rather than delete everything so we can't even tell if that specific book does get relisted somewhere else).   If it then showed up for sale on a facebook or instagram group someone might see it and report back here but unfortunately I think those fast & loose communities are more precious to most of the new "members" trying to sell here....most would abandon this place before rocking the boat in one of those groups on those popular social media sites.
So in my opinion if he doesn't re-share pics I might support a nomination if you did it formally in that forum but that forum is barely functioning these days & if crassus didn't come in every few weeks to clean stuff up it'd be totally broken.

13 hours ago, Bird said:

I skipped that part as I just don't know. I think the mods want to stay out of sales and people would be complaining to them constantly about less than excellent feedback. And shady dudes would just not have a kudos thread top avoid the issue. I think we all need to step up and be more vocal in this thread about shenanigans we encounter I guess. So thank you for bringing your case to the attention of the rest of us. (thumbsu

The kudos forum was designed from the beginning to be positive feedback only. As I recall, there were some early incidents involving negative stuff posted in kudos threads that were removed by mods. The thread below has some discussion from and with Arch

Should the idea of negative feedback by brought back up for discussion? (shrug) Guess it couldn't hurt to ask but my gut says such discussions won't go anywhere.

I think creating an official PL nomination thread is a good idea for anyone who feels that they were wronged in some way. Even if the offense doesn't fully qualify for PL, it would still be easily searchable by the nominated person's name in the Marketplace Forum, putting it out there for others to decide if they want to put that person on a personal "do not deal with" list.

Assuming (my spec. I can't prove or disprove) that the seller still has the book and canceled the sale due to seller's remorse, the ethical thing to do would be to follow through with the sale, chalk this up to a learning experience and next time do his research before trying to sell a slabbed comic. 

It sucks to leave money on the table but when it's your own damn fault, you man up and do the right thing. 

Edited by Jeffro™

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

I think creating an official PL nomination thread is a good idea for anyone who feels that they were wronged in some way. Even if the offense doesn't fully qualify for PL, it would still be easily searchable by the nominated person's name in the Marketplace Forum, putting it out there for others to decide if they want to put that person on a personal "do not deal with" list.

The probation forum is basically that. If someone wants to see if there have been bad transactions highlighted - even if it's short of adding them to the probation list - they can look for nominations by searching that forum.  Like this:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/search/?q=tristan&type=forums_topic&nodes=82

3 minutes ago, Architecht said:
26 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

The probation forum is basically that. If someone wants to see if there have been bad transactions highlighted - even if it's short of adding them to the probation list - they can look for nominations by searching that forum.  Like this:

Exactly.
The only reason I suggested doing so in a specific, dedicated thread would be to stop stories from becoming intermixed with others as they often do in the General Discussion Thread.

6 hours ago, Architecht said:

How would it work in this most recent case that looked like a seller had regret for listing a book well below FMV pulled the book after is was claimed and refunded the $$$ claiming the book was "lost"? It was also alluded to that he did this or something similar on 2 other occassions.  Even though $$ was refunded my personal opinion is that this is PL worthy.  IMO we have quite of few people who wouldn't necessarily make the PL based on the current interpretation of the rules but really should be on some "list"

@Columbia Comics  Based on the above if it were me I'd go ahead and nominate him so there's a full record and it doesn't get buried in this GD thread. (follow the rules and tell him you're nominating him, 30 days does not appy as he voided the sale already) .  I would totally support the nomination. 

I've sold to him 2x and given good deals, however if I'd known he pulls this BS no way would I sell to him.  It also irks me he's taking free items from @Point Five thread in the mixed forum.... 

Edited by MustEatBrains

1 hour ago, MustEatBrains said:

I've sold to him 2x and given good deals, however if I'd known he pulls this BS no way would I sell to him.  It also irks me he's taking free items from @Point Five thread in the mixed forum.... 

Phew whew.gif.  I hadn't gone back and read the latest thread posts and knew I have bought from you and grabbed some of Jon's freebies so I thought, wait is this about me then noticed someone else some of the freebies and I caught up on the posts here.   

I have had a seller saying a book was gone or they couldn't find it three on Ebay.  Each time was when I thought it was decent deal - go figure.  One was a BIN where the seller accepted the offer then reneged.  I had paid each time before being messaged they had made a mistake.  I was refunded though.  It also has happened twice on Comiclink.   

3 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

I am aware of the marketplace situation. Not that happy about it... but as it's a gray area and there is no hard proof, I am moving ahead. The books are for his kid and have limited resale value. If he sends the postage I will ship as agreed.

Phew whew.gif.  I hadn't gone back and read the latest thread posts and knew I have bought from you and grabbed some of Jon's freebies so I thought, wait is this about me then noticed someone else some of the freebies and I caught up on the posts here. 

lol  Nice sweat pouring off the forehead gremlin.  Could you add this @Architecht

Edited by comicdonna

25 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

won't lie....for his son or not, that's pretty damn low

maybe @Point Five will lose those Spidey reprints and refund his shipping... oy vey

Not my style but I agree the optics re your deal are not good. Don't blame you for being pizzed.

Just throwing this out there in case. If Point Five comes across any Ant Man related freebies................. :takeit: I have an Ant Farm and the little stinkers really enjoy coming to the glass and checking out the pics as long as I turn the pages for them.

ant farm.jpg

2 hours ago, DR.X said:

Just throwing this out there in case. If Point Five comes across any Ant Man related freebies................. :takeit: I have an Ant Farm and the little stinkers really enjoy coming to the glass and checking out the pics as long as I turn the pages for them.

ant farm.jpg

Here's an appropriately-sized key issue they should enjoy. Will get this out to you right away.  (thumbsu

tta27.jpg.9fdb52be0c27b26caac0a64ec52bab33.jpg