• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

@entalmighty1 @crassus @skypinkblu @porcupine48 Thank you all for the reassurances! I have seen them on rare occasion offered here; but I wouldn't want to do it if they are seen as crowding out our primary collecting interest of comics. Many of them are from comics publishers; they have always felt to me like a sort of ancestor, more so than say big little books. Long as they are welcome, I will try to get my head around them and give them a try here in the future. If nothing else, I do think people will enjoy looking and discussing them, and that's a good thread to me.

One thing to remember is that many of the GA comic covers were either derived directly from or were obviously imitating the pulps. This was true I believe of many of the ACE romance painted covers, as well as various PCH and Fiction house covers. Pulp collectors and Comic collectors are, yes, often 2 different crowds, but their historical connection is pretty significant and sometimes direct. 2c

39 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

@entalmighty1 @crassus @skypinkblu @porcupine48 Thank you all for the reassurances! I have seen them on rare occasion offered here; but I wouldn't want to do it if they are seen as crowding out our primary collecting interest of comics. Many of them are from comics publishers; they have always felt to me like a sort of ancestor, more so than say big little books. Long as they are welcome, I will try to get my head around them and give them a try here in the future. If nothing else, I do think people will enjoy looking and discussing them, and that's a good thread to me.

I've seen pulps sold on GSB before, several times and without any problems.

Hi Sellers!

I plan to start selling on the forum soon but Im not clear on a few things so bear with me and my following questions. 

1- when something is sold - do i need to go back and edit the post stating SOLD - ?
2- is NO returns frowned upon?
3a- do i have to keep checking this website to interact with the potential buyers, PM? or will they post on my thread? is there an app or other creative way to get a reminder?
3b- can i post a phone number to communicate by text in order to better communicate with my new potential customer?
4- what is HOS?
5- If I post 1 SA book and then a week later I want to post another SA book - do I have to add it to the original post - or can I create a new one?
6- Is it appropriate to Bump a post by simply saying "bumping this post"?

7- Is it ok to state "local pick-up" in addition to the shipping options.

Any replies appreciated.

Edited by cigars&comix

12 minutes ago, cigars&comix said:

Hi Sellers!

I plan to start selling on the forum soon but Im not clear on a few things so bear with me and my following questions. 

1- when something is sold - do i need to go back and edit the post stating SOLD - ?

Yes, you should.
2- is NO returns frowned upon?

Possibly with raw books.  Not so much with slabs.
3a- do i have to keep checking this website to interact with the potential buyers, PM? or will they post on my thread? is there an app or other creative way to get a reminder?

I believe you can set up your account to receive an e-mail if a new post appears in your thread.
3b- can i post a phone number to communicate by text in order to better communicate with my new potential customer?

Sure
4- what is HOS?

Hall of shame.
5- If I post 1 SA book and then a week later I want to post another SA book - do I have to add it to the original post - or can I create a new one?

The old thread has to be closed before starting a new thread.
6- Is it appropriate to Bump a post by simply saying "bumping this post"?

Yes.

7- Is it ok to state "local pick-up" in addition to the shipping options.

Sure.

Any replies appreciated.

10 hours ago, DeadOne said:

animated-present-and-gift-image-0021.gif

10 hours ago, DeadOne said:

Pay the man, Dr.X (worship)

8 hours ago, DR.X said:

WTF I didn't know there was an early bird special.

Is this a mystery box, or do I get to choose the prize?  hm

8 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

Excessive bumping will get you into hot water. Do yourself a favor and read the rules.

Thanks - of course i read the rules..thats what prompted me to ask these questions in the first place.

Rule #14 states.. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page 

No hot water for me :rulez:- I was simply asking the appropriate way to bump a thread..

34 minutes ago, cigars&comix said:

Thanks - of course i read the rules..thats what prompted me to ask these questions in the first place.

Rule #14 states.. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page 

No hot water for me :rulez:- I was simply asking the appropriate way to bump a thread..

Hopefully, you will sell so much, you won't need to type out "bump".