• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, cigars&comix said:
16 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

Excessive bumping will get you into hot water. Do yourself a favor and read the rules.

Thanks - of course i read the rules..thats what prompted me to ask these questions in the first place.

Rule #14 states.. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page 

No hot water for me :rulez:- I was simply asking the appropriate way to bump a thread..

Just checking. We have enough clueless noobs on this site as it is who never read the rules. Hell, even some of the vets don't read the rules lol Good for you. Best of luck with the sale!

Edited by Jeffro™

Question about selling cheaper books in bulk...I basically try not list any books on ebay if its worth less then $5, just not worth my time. So Ive build up about 500 books that I want to unload - a whole mix of stuff...Mostly Marvel /DC / Some Indie too.. all post 1982...

Any advice how to unload these books in bulk?

Is the CGC Marketplace good for selling Bulk Books?

Aside from my LCS offering me 15 cents a book... Id like to get 50¢ a book.

Edited by cigars&comix

8 hours ago, cigars&comix said:

Question about selling cheaper books in bulk...I basically try not list any books on ebay if its worth less then $5, just not worth my time. So Ive build up about 500 books that I want to unload - a whole mix of stuff...Mostly Marvel /DC / Some Indie too.. all post 1982...

My comic shop?

15 hours ago, cigars&comix said:

I've done a bulk buy here before and it turned out very well for me. Shipping is key though, as those are costs that the seller doesn't get to keep and the buyer must add into the overall cost.
If listing in bulk on the boards, I suggest a list of the books included and an actual price for shipping.
Of course you could always do pick-up only, but that limits the pool of buyers.

16 hours ago, cigars&comix said:

I suggest putting them into runs or sets if you can.ff88 seems to do well like that,I oftrn see him offering lots.

16 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I haven’t sold on boards in a long time but why is offering a cash discount a violation? 

I believe it violates PayPal's terms of use.
If someone wanted to hold a cash only sale and discount in that sale it'd be okay, but using PayPal along with the cash discounted option is where the problem occurs.
It relates very closely to not being able to charge an extra 3% if using PayPal.

16 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

I believe it violates PayPal's terms of use.
If someone wanted to hold a cash only sale and discount in that sale it'd be okay, but using PayPal along with the cash discounted option is where the problem occurs.
It relates very closely to not being able to charge an extra 3% if using PayPal.

Interesting 

i would think as a community we would want to offer our fellow boardie savings if possible. 

That said I haven’t read PayPals terms so can’t comment on that. But I know every comic vendor in the world offers cash discounts to their customers in lieu of taking a fee payment.

Ashame boardies don’t want to look out after each other but rather support a third party like PayPal 

6 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Interesting 

i would think as a community we would want to offer our fellow boardie savings if possible. 

That said I haven’t read PayPals terms so can’t comment on that. But I know every comic vendor in the world offers cash discounts to their customers in lieu of taking a fee payment.

Ashame boardies don’t want to look out after each other but rather support a third party like PayPal 

I agree.

10 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

This board is like a bunch of old people that move to retirement communities and do nothing all day but make up rules and enforce the hell out of them. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

This board is like a bunch of old people that move to retirement communities and do nothing all day but make up rules and enforce the hell out of them. 

Does seem silly to me 

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Interesting 

It's got nothing to do with boardies, I'm sure we'd all love to discount, or many of us, but Arch posted a whole bunch of stuff about it a few years ago. It's Paypal's rule and he said CGC had to comply. I used to offer a 5% discount for a check, but under the PP terms I had to stop.

Looks like eBay is going to start using new payment vendors, maybe we'll have some choices one of these days.

6 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It's got nothing to do with boardies, I'm sure we'd all love to discount, or many of us, but Arch posted a whole bunch of stuff about it a few years ago. It's Paypal's rule and he said CGC had to comply. I used to offer a 5% discount for a check, but under the PP terms I had to stop.

Looks like eBay is going to start using new payment vendors, maybe we'll have some choices one of these days.

Since I haven’t sold on the boards in some time , I missed discussions (could someone more tech than I link me)

. Still, as long as cgc is not the one transacting (and before they completely washed their hands of marketplace issues. It was all to be moderated by users), don’t see how or why they would moderate now. But, I guess dems the rules. 

35 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Since I haven’t sold on the boards in some time , I missed discussions (could someone more tech than I link me)

. Still, as long as cgc is not the one transacting (and before they completely washed their hands of marketplace issues. It was all to be moderated by users), don’t see how or why they would moderate now. But, I guess dems the rules. 

I’m sure discounts for cash transactions could be negotiated by PM as long as it’s not a rule posted in your sales thread.

2c

37 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I added a rule to help keep everyone in line with the terms of service of their allowed payment methods:

You cannot post in a way that violates the terms of service for your payment methods. (NOTE: Specifically, no surcharges for accepting PayPal, or discounts for other methods)

Recent posting about PayPal specifically prompted this, although the wording of the rule is a little more general. Here is the PayPal terms of service part that applies:

No surcharges
You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Non discouragement
In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method. At all of your points of sale (in whatever form), you agree not to try to dissuade or inhibit your customers from using PayPal; and, if you enable your customers to pay you with PayPal, you agree to treat PayPal’s payment mark at least at par with other payment methods offered.