• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Hey, whether you like it or you don't like it...learn to love it!  WHOOOOOOOO!

This is the one that makes me laugh out loud... lol 

19 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I must have missed all the action. Was there alcohol involved or just the usual high tension?

Take out the Ric Flair nonsense out of what I wrote and you can get an idea...  Just delete all the stuff I wrote in caps.  He was the one that made mention of mowing lawns, and wives and spanking kids. 

I would post the screen cap but that would get me in trouble since someone / mods deleted it. lol However, I did take a screen shot of it for posterity. It was a good one. 

Edited by Buzzetta

22 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I must have missed all the action. Was there alcohol involved or just the usual high tension?

Not on my end...., 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Take out the Ric Flair nonsense out of what I wrote and you can get an idea...  Just delete all the stuff I wrote in caps.  He was the one that made mention of mowing lawns, and wives and spanking kids. 

I would post the screen cap but that would get me in trouble since someone / mods deleted it. lol However, I did take a screen shot of it for posterity. It was a good one. 

Oh wow - too bad they removed that line of salesmanship!!!

Law students.  Bah.

Zeus was I lucky that I was on a break from comics during my law student years or I probably would've been run off the boards.

Well, that, and also the fact that my time in the 'factory' pre-dated the interwebz by more than a decade.

1 hour ago, grebal said:

Law students.  Bah.

Zeus was I lucky that I was on a break from comics during my law student years or I probably would've been run off the boards.

Well, that, and also the fact that my time in the 'factory' pre-dated the interwebz by more than a decade.

I wonder if he realizes hows many lawyers are on this forum.

While thread-carping in sales can get you a wrist slap, this community, especially among those of us more active in selling and buying here, accepts that thread-carping is acceptable when drawing attention to questionable posts, especially guarding against possible misrepresentation of books. 

Edited by DavidTheDavid

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

While thread-carping in sales can get you a wrist slap, this community, especially among those of us more active in selling and buying here, accepts that thread-carping is acceptable when drawing attention to questionable posts, especially guarding against possible misrepresentation of books. 

I think the first step is to always send a PM to the seller. If that is ignored, then I can see it. There was also more than that going on. 

On 9/2/2019 at 2:28 PM, Bejack3 said:

First and only comment about this being addressed outside of my sales threads.

I posted a low grade (G+) spider-man 2 with tears, water damage, and creases throughout the book. A member publicly alleged that it had restoration (pieces added, color touch, and more) that no reasonable person could claim. There were even pictures of the splash page and front cover with no bleed through.

I deny that it has any restorations. I am familiar with restoration and detection methods. It was purchased from a reputable convention-only (no online) dealer in the South East a few years ago.

Public service announcement: The comment satisfied all elements for cause of action on a libel suit except for proof that the comment was false. I'm sure receiving a blue label from CGC would qualify and they could potentially be dragged into litigation. Unfortunately, at this point in my life, time and money are more valuable to me than petty online banter.

Then some other person comes into my sales thread and attempts to make fun of the way that I described and marketed a book. This book was purchased on auction for 10% over FMV because of its outstanding eye appeal. I suppose that those CVA stickers don't mean anything either.

EDIT: Can someone come direct me who I talk to about moderation? I reached out to "Architect" and it seems like he is inactive.

Somehow I missed this. 

You might find out that in real life when you try certain things that you bite off more than you can chew.

And as you, @Bejack3, continue to come to the boards, I am sure that you will see this. 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:51 PM, Buzzetta said:

Somehow I missed this. 

You might find out that in real life when you try certain things that you bite off more than you can chew.

And as you, @Bejack3, continue to come to the boards, I am sure that you will see this. 

My favorite was the law student’s complete lack of understanding of libel. 

9 hours ago, Bejack3 said:

Book graded from CGC, had restoration and I will own that. Resto was not disclosed to me at the time of purchase but I am temporarily transitioning out of comics so no use going down that rabbit hole. I will discontinue selling raw books on here.

It’s too late for that.  As you commanded, many of us already banged our significant others, mowed the lawn, and spanked a whole bunch of bratty kids.

Now what are we supposed to do?