• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Good time to be a buyer, I guess. GSB is loaded with *reduced* prices threads.

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

You can't make me look

The wife says I can look but, I can't touch.  

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:
4 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Good time to be a buyer, I guess. GSB is loaded with *reduced* prices threads.

8 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

You can't make me look

P.M. on the way.

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

If I tell you to look, you'll look.

Oh,I visited your thread with a Mu-tant pal,didja not see?

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

Great,now you can enjoy this middle school-for me-earworm too lollol 

42 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Sometimes, I don't understand this board, there are multiple takers for a raw 9.2 Moon Knight #1 at $50 but nobody takes a Moon Knight #1 CGC 9.6 at $100??? (shrug)

One of my favorite annual board traditions is trying to make sense of the human psychology behind the sales frenzy.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:20 PM, pickycollector said:

Sometimes, I don't understand this board, there are multiple takers for a raw 9.2 Moon Knight #1 at $50 but nobody takes a Moon Knight #1 CGC 9.6 at $100??? (shrug)

It's my feeling if 1 book was posted instead of several, it would have sold.  I have noticed a trend in the past where multiple copies of the same book and grade posted in a thread, had few or no sales.  

I love checking out big sales threads to get a gauge of what is selling and what books are extra hot.  I stopped checking out Dale's sales threads last year because the sales are unrealistic for most of us and other then the enjoyment factor of watching a feeding frenzy I don't get much info from it.  Tip of the hat to the master.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:20 AM, pickycollector said:

For copper and late bronze it is 9.8 and who cares

Why slab a 9.6?

If I want a slab I want 9.8. 

If I want a raw, there is the chance of damaging the book when cracking the slab.  And I don’t pay for the slab, it is the book. Is a super super common copper worth $ 50 more for a slight grade bump not 9.8?

I would also add that most slabs these days are pressed. Since the collapse of the NOD it is clear that ask or not there is a lot of denial around pressing.

The likelihood of an unpressed raw 9.2 existing seems greater than my chances of getting an unpressed or truthfully disclosed slab.

That is if anyone cares about such things

Edited by NP_Gresham

3 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Is it common for sales threads to be closed when the seller hasn’t really closed them?  Seems kinda rude.

Did you click on the marked as sold button by mistake?  That will automatically close (lock) a seller's  thread.

4 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Is it common for sales threads to be closed when the seller hasn’t really closed them?  Seems kinda rude.

Just now, comicdonna said:

Did you click on the marked as sold button by mistake?  That will automatically close (lock) a seller's  thread.

If you did, just click it again.  That will unlock it.