• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

If you did, just click it again.  That will unlock it.

I’m not seeing that option.  Maybe i’m Not looking in the right place?

85475F91-23EC-4B58-8B4D-5926CCFCEA8E.png

12 minutes ago, Bird said:

top of the thread, right side...at least on a pc

Must be a pc thing and not on a phone.  I will have to fix it tomorrow.  Thanks for the help.

9B147605-47DD-4299-9A5B-2F64B49ECCD7.png

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

@cheetah

Jeff, I just checked my sales thread, the one I closed the other day. I used my phone. If you scroll up, you will see in red, "unmark as sold" in a rectangle.

Try enlarging the screen.

Thanks, Sha.  It isn’t there on my phone. I will fix it tomorrow or start another thread to update what is left and timeframes to buy.

hope all is well with you and your family.

Just now, cheetah said:

Thanks, Sha.  It isn’t there on my phone. I will fix it tomorrow or start another thread to update what is left and timeframes to buy.

hope all is well with you and your family.

Things are good, thanks! Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy and Healthy New Year! Miss you! :foryou:

On 12/30/2019 at 3:41 PM, pickycollector said:

I have never seen so many GA books available for sale in the Forum, almost more than SA books during this Holiday season, too bad I am not a GA collector.

There's been a glut of really desirable books, at least to me, here and other venues, like CLink Exchange, Bob Storm's site, and others. I need to quit looking--my eyes are bigger than my wallet.

Is there any interest /value in Bronze Archie and related books?  I have 30 ish and, although I used to read when I was younger, they really don't fit in with my books anymore.  Same question for Silver cartoon Dell/Harvey? 

I'm kind of shocked that the sales thread area hasn't exploded in popularity since E-Bay started collecting sales tax.  Even if the seller is offering up 5% discount compared to E-Bay prices with free shipping that really is close to 20% off when you consider the 7-8% sales tax and all the discounts added up.  I know people on the boards are mostly flipping or really cheap but I don't think I saw any noticeable increase after the tax increase on E-Bay.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I'm kind of shocked that the sales thread area hasn't exploded in popularity since E-Bay started collecting sales tax.  Even if the seller is offering up 5% discount compared to E-Bay prices with free shipping that really is close to 20% off when you consider the 7-8% sales tax and all the discounts added up.  I know people on the boards are mostly flipping or really cheap but I don't think I saw any noticeable increase after the tax increase on E-Bay.

Except for a handful of sellers, the marketplace here is really sluggish. 

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I did fairly well with my last sale, but I had a few decent books. The sales tax thing has been a cold shower to me, as it largely nullifies the effort to reduce USA to Italy shipping by doing combined shipments.
Thankfully the italian postal service did not increase the rates this year, but it becomes very difficult to sell books, nice as they may be, under a certain monetary value.

2 minutes ago, vaillant said:

I did fairly well with my last sale, but I had a few decent books. The sales tax thing has been a cold shower to me, as it largely nullifies the effort to reduce USA to Italy shipping by doing combined shipments.
Thankfully the italian postal service did not increase the rates this year, but it becomes very difficult to sell books, nice as they may be, under a certain monetary value.

You mean because you have to pay U.S. sales tax when you have the books shipped to a U.S. address?  I asked my husband if he had any ideas (he's a tax accountant) and he said something about a resale number. So maybe find a friend who would forward them, who also has a resale number?

On 1/19/2020 at 2:14 PM, Spidey 62 said:

Is there any interest /value in Bronze Archie and related books?  I have 30 ish and, although I used to read when I was younger, they really don't fit in with my books anymore.  Same question for Silver cartoon Dell/Harvey? 

I have interest in BA Archie and SA cartoon stuff, Sad Sack, Lulu, Lotta, Blondie, mostly.

29 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You mean because you have to pay U.S. sales tax when you have the books shipped to a U.S. address?  I asked my husband if he had any ideas (he's a tax accountant) and he said something about a resale number. So maybe find a friend who would forward them, who also has a resale number?

Yes. The firend which holds them for me has been doing so for a long time. I am a bit reluctant to bother other board friends.
He’s in Santa Fe, recently I restarted picking a few books from the USA and I realized there was the sales tax.
It seems a bit lower compared to that in other US states, but nonetheless it affects the total, especially for more costly books.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, steveinthecity said:
On 1/19/2020 at 2:14 PM, Spidey 62 said:

I have interest in BA Archie and SA cartoon stuff, Sad Sack, Lulu, Lotta, Blondie, mostly.

I've got a carpton of Baby Huey, but seem to be the sole collector of that title around here...., :sorry: