• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
13 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I think this is very mean and a hurtful way to talk to my pal Lizard. And what we do in the bathroom is private, that is unless you want some pics??

Please 

you asked for it. just remember once you see it, you can't " unsee " it. it be forever burned into your subconscious.

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

you asked for it. just remember once you see it, you can't " unsee " it. it be forever burned into your subconscious.

Well, you've sent me so many pictures already, they will just meld in with the others, so I'll be fine;) 

What were we talking about, lol?

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't ever try to sell a book by another company because I can't crack them out, I'd break a nail...does anyone else here have that problem?

Just crack the book out so it is actually raw (as our hosts ask) and stop running hoops trying to hide a label or sell in the bathroom..Unless you are worried about your nails? IF so, I can't help you...

This raises a question i have had for some time.

The new generation of CGC slab is considerably more difficult to break out of the slab. I had the old one down pat.

Do you or anyone else have a process for cracking slabs? Could someone do a tutorial for the 'slab-cracking challenged" like me? I have damaged a couple of books already and need some advise.

I love to crack out 9.4 and 9.6 - to me a slab is only for 9.8 in bronze or later.

2 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

The new generation of CGC slab is considerably more difficult to break out of the slab. I had the old one down pat.

Do you or anyone else have a process for cracking slabs? Could someone do a tutorial for the 'slab-cracking challenged" like me? I have damaged a couple of books already and need some advise.

I love to crack out 9.4 and 9.6 - to me a slab is only for 9.8 in bronze or later.

Didn't Bedrock do a Youtube video? He's the pro.

15 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

12 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I can't find it, but I've seen the video. I've never tried it myself, but I bet @joeypost  also knows how. I've only owned a few other slabs and I sent all but one to CGC to have them switched.

I remembered seeing the video, too.  It took me a little bit but, I found it.

8 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I feel like a geezer grandpa any more while driving.  I can go 10 miles over the speed limit, and I have state police, county sheriff's, and everyone else zooming past me.  I don't understand the speed laws or the conventions any more.

Oh, and what I forgot to say, was that cropping the top off CBCS and PGX books used to be the convention around here - it was the accepted method.  When did that change?

I wasn't aware that it was acceptable to crop the tops off CBCS or PGX and sell them here.  I thought it was strictly against the rules.

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I feel like a geezer grandpa any more while driving.  I can go 10 miles over the speed limit, and I have state police, county sheriff's, and everyone else zooming past me.  I don't understand the speed laws or the conventions any more.

Oh, and what I forgot to say, was that cropping the top off CBCS and PGX books used to be the convention around here - it was the accepted method.  When did that change?

I wasn't aware that it was acceptable to crop the tops off CBCS or PGX and sell them here.  I thought it was strictly against the rules.

It apparently was for years, until the most recent version of :rulez:

I guess I wasn't on the updated mailing list. :cool: 

2 hours ago, telerites said:

Kind of related to the discussion of selling other grading company books - is it okay to provide a link in the Comics Market - Sales Advertising (Ebay, Dealers, etc) for books that may be graded by others?

1. Comics related material only.

2. To be used only for mixed selling by real members of the community.

3. Not to be used for promoting "pay to play" giveaways.

4. No spamming. Keep the number of new threads to a reasonable standard per person. If you're exceeding a post per day over time, simply to occupy more screen real estate, it's likely to be considered spamming.

5. Use the post icon for posts that are announcements of ebay sales. 

6. Certified comics limited to CGC only.

7. No seller may list their sales under another seller's for sale thread.

10 hours ago, comicdonna said:

1. Comics related material only.

2. To be used only for mixed selling by real members of the community.

3. Not to be used for promoting "pay to play" giveaways.

4. No spamming. Keep the number of new threads to a reasonable standard per person. If you're exceeding a post per day over time, simply to occupy more screen real estate, it's likely to be considered spamming.

5. Use the post icon for posts that are announcements of ebay sales. 

6. Certified comics limited to CGC only.

7. No seller may list their sales under another seller's for sale thread.

Well, duh, I should have looked.  Thanks Mike.

I do wonder if any thread there has been reported.  I honestly cannot remember ever seeing a removed by the mods and I do know I have seen links to sales that have contained non-CGC graded books.  I know I have seen Ebay links like this and while not overtly touting non-CGC books within the board thread, their listings do contain them.

I have also seen larger dealers post updates to their site and showcased CGC books in the Comics Market - Sales Advertising (Ebay, Dealers, etc) thread itself but their site also has non-CGC graded books.  In some instances, sites that contain hundreds if not thousands of books so it would be a no-no for them to do this unless they create a separate site to comply.

I understand much less inspection in the Comics Market - Sales Advertising (Ebay, Dealers, etc) compared to the board specific sales threads and I assume if reported, the mods would remove them as well.

And to muse how complicated it could get, what if the link meets the rules but their is a link on the linked website to some other site that may contain non-CGC graded books.  :ohnoez:

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I too dislike that format, and I'm not sure I see the benefit to either buyer or seller. 

I wanna know if you've seem these kinky pics of @lizards2 and the Dr. ? The pervs are trying to ostrasize me from the club I think. :frown:

Also thought I'd drop by,say hello to folks and leave one of these badbois :ph34r: 

Spoiler

!!!!!!!!1.jpg.0dbce0d26a619caf8ad02ec752080f57.jpg