• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

The VCC is today, I know with everything going on, I had forgotten, but DeadOne as always is doing a great job! Still time to put up a booth!

Oh no!!! This may be the end of my streak.

I can't believe it came so quick. Lockdown has made me lose all sense of time... 

doh!

22 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Sellers quoting recent sale prices either GPA or from other sources without giving a more complete picture is misleading and annoys me to no end.  Just wanted to vent.

I wish buyers would send more pm's and ask more questions or even haggle a little. There is relatively little communication from what I observe. Hundreds of views but no pm's. The VCC format is kind of restrictive but I am sure if you PM the seller and ask for more scans they would happily oblige. Just like when you walk through a show and you see a dealer's wall books. You ask them to take them down so you can get a closer look. Buyers please don't just look at the page then click away in disgust. :sorry:

I've had comics graded by CGC for about 3 years now, but I haven't posted (or read for that matter) anything in the forums before.  What is the 'VCC'?  I'm looking to possibly start selling my collection a bit at a time here.  Thanks for helping the noob!!!

13 hours ago, Galen130 said:

I've had comics graded by CGC for about 3 years now, but I haven't posted (or read for that matter) anything in the forums before.  What is the 'VCC'?  I'm looking to possibly start selling my collection a bit at a time here.  Thanks for helping the noob!!!

The VCC just ended a few weeks ago.  You can still sell on the forum in the 3 sections listed here.  Be sure to read the rules before listing.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/63-comics-market-forum-only-selling-area/

14 minutes ago, telerites said:

WTTB :smile:

Thanks!!  Looking forward to meeting people and learning more than what I already know about comic collecting and grading.:banana:

Heads Up: PayPal Glitch with Addresses

Issue: PayPal generated a generic false address on its own.

Description: Person to Person transaction using goods and services with the item to be sent to my home.    By the time I realized I should have received it I looked up the tracking number and saw that the item arrived to my town and bounced around from post office to post office between the village and the town and then it went back to the seller.  On my PayPal account it showed that the item was supposed to be sent to my home address.   

HOWEVER... the seller sent me a picture and the label had printed up as 123 Main Street, my actual home town and state and zip code.   The seller showed me a picture of the address.  I offered to pay the full amount of shipping to have it resent and the seller suggested we split it instead.   The seller prints his labels from PayPal directly and I do not believe that the seller edited the address to something undeliverable.   I called up PayPal and they sent the issue to their tech department as this has happened before.

Figure some would want to know since the forum sales are based on P2P sales.  

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

What happened here?

I found sufficient reason based against my claims of the signature's authenticity and am asking the board to ban my account for doing this. 

It was a pleasure being on the boards for the past 3 years, but I am accepting responsibility for my actions and feel as though it would be right to delete any mention of me as I find that the CGC boards would appreciate it thus.

27 minutes ago, Aliens said:

I found sufficient reason based against my claims of the signature's authenticity and am asking the board to ban my account for doing this. 

It was a pleasure being on the boards for the past 3 years, but I am accepting responsibility for my actions and feel as though it would be right to delete any mention of me as I find that the CGC boards would appreciate it thus.

Thanks for sharing.  Without knowing more detail than you posted here, taking responsibility is an asset that others have not exhibited. 

This is confusing. If this was a mistake (you thought the sigs were real but can't verify or now realize they are not real) you did the right thing. Now if you are saying you knew they weren't real from the beginning that would be a different story. I'm assuming that is not the case. 

4 hours ago, Aliens said:

I would not appreciate such a deletion. There's no shame in your actions, and expunging the text wouldn't accomplish anything. It's better to leave the record as is.

1 minute ago, wombat said:

This is confusing. If this was a mistake (you thought the sigs were real but can't verify or now realize they are not real) you did the right thing. Now if you are saying you knew they weren't real from the beginning that would be a different story. I'm assuming that is not the case. 

Agreed. Either way....the thread should stand. No reason to erase the record. 

Hello,

This will be the final message I write on the boards before my banning, which I am sending CGC a direct message asking if they may do so.

I do not expect to be forgiven nor do I expect to justify my most heinous actions to our most virtuous and loyal comic hobbyists community, which has been nothing but kind and gracious to me. I do not deserve to call myself a boardie nor to have any interaction with any of you all most honest collectors on this forum, my reason is as follows:

Last evening at about 10:30 I received a call that my financially week and very feeble grandmother was rushed to the hospital and although at the time I was uncertain, I have learned now she has Covid-19 and is not looking so well, she is once again not very healthy money wise and barely stands with food stamps—my family and I help her as much as we can, but even we are not the most financially enabled, especially with the virus (so the part of why I needed the funds was not at all untruthful) what was untruthful is the authenticity of the signatures. I did know that the signatures were not authentic and I was willing to risk the collecting community and multiple individuals (comic lovers) hard working and righteously earned money for my own selfish needs. 
I am a rather young collector And am still full of foolishness.

I do not expect to be ever forgiven as I do not deserve to be, nor once again am I ever to be justified, I did a thing most wretched and evil against all of you and I have no right to call myself part of the CGC family nor any right to call myself part of any family to any comic collecting community.

I do not sell inauthentic material ever and I have indeed sold authentic ditko signatures in the past (which have passed CBCS labels and what not) but most unfortunately, this was not one of those times. 

I have, with a marker blotched over the signature’s until they have become illegible, and thus even if they ever reach the market they will never be given the opportunity to be considered “authentic” and not only am I deleting any CGC membership but as well, as I stated prior, I have deleted every other membership of any comic community I am on, for I do not deserve to be on any of them, and I think it is safer if all collectors know there is no despicable scammer out there who is willing to do something as horrid as I have done, out of the foolishness and unthoughtfulness which comes when one is forced in a desperate and tragic situation.

These past 3 years on the boards have been a gloriously wonder our experience and I will not forget it, but I am paying for the consequences of my actions and of my willingness to be cruel to you all. 

All buyers of the books have received refund (and one has the refund pending but should go through soon.)—there were two buyers, and if anyone had any conversation with me I am sorry that I wasted your time and did such a despicable as lie.

I now take my exit and hope all of you have a safe and healthy time out of this virus.

and lastly, this was done in the fit   Of a tragedy and please to anyone who has ever purchased anything from me, know that I have always, till now, been honest in selling. But this one mistake must be payed with heavy consequences, for heavy faults deserve it as such.
thank you all for taking the time to read my petty explanation and I apologize once again to all who took part in the thread, as no collector of comics should ever have to deal with this.

Edited by Aliens

21 minutes ago, Aliens said:

Hello,

This will be the final message I write on the boards before my banning, which I am sending CGC a direct message asking if they may do so.

I do not expect to be forgiven nor do I expect to justify my most heinous actions to our most virtuous and loyal comic hobbyists community, which has been nothing but kind and gracious to me. I do not deserve to call myself a boardie nor to have any interaction with any of you all most honest collectors on this forum, my reason is as follows:

Last evening at about 10:30 I received a call that my financially week and very feeble grandmother was rushed to the hospital and although at the time I was uncertain, I have learned now she has Covid-19 and is not looking so well, she is once again not very healthy money wise and barely stands with food stamps—my family and I help her as much as we can, but even we are not the most financially enabled, especially with the virus (so the part of why I needed the funds was not at all untruthful) what was untruthful is the authenticity of the signatures. I did know that the signatures were not authentic and I was willing to risk the collecting community and multiple individuals (comic lovers) hard working and righteously earned money for my own selfish needs. 
I am a rather young collector And am still full of foolishness.

I do not expect to be ever forgiven as I do not deserve to be, nor once again am I ever to be justified, I did a thing most wretched and evil against all of you and I have no right to call myself part of the CGC family nor any right to call myself part of any family to any comic collecting community.

I do not sell inauthentic material ever and I have indeed sold authentic ditko signatures in the past (which have passed CBCS labels and what not) but most unfortunately, this was not one of those times. 

I have, with a marker blotched over the signature’s until they have become illegible, and thus even if they ever reach the market they will never be given the opportunity to be considered “authentic” and not only am I deleting any CGC membership but as well, as I stated prior, I have deleted every other membership of any comic community I am on, for I do not deserve to be on any of them, and I think it is safer if all collectors know there is no despicable scammer out there who is willing to do something as horrid as I have done, out of the foolishness and unthoughtfulness which comes when one is forced in a desperate and tragic situation.

These past 3 years on the boards have been a gloriously wonder our experience and I will not forget it, but I am paying for the consequences of my actions and of my willingness to be cruel to you all. 

All buyers of the books have received refund (and one has the refund pending but should go through soon.)—there were two buyers, and if anyone had any conversation with me I am sorry that I wasted your time and did such a despicable as lie.

I now take my exit and hope all of you have a safe and healthy time out of this virus.

and lastly, this was done in the fit   Of a tragedy and please to anyone who has ever purchased anything from me, know that I have always, till now, been honest in selling. But this one mistake must be payed with heavy consequences, for heavy faults deserve it as such.
thank you all for taking the time to read my petty explanation and I apologize once again to all who took part in the thread, as no collector of comics should ever have to deal with this.

Still not clear if you were knowingly and willingly selling inauthentic signatures or not.