• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I agree that it should not be deleted. I just wrote to the Admins...:wishluck:

I highly recommend not deleting it. He chickened out on a scam because he didn’t want to go to jail.   What he did was a crime. He is young and got scared, and now he wants all the evidence gone. 

3 minutes ago, Park said:

Before that post disappears as well.

337 posts
Aliens
  •  
  •  
  •  

I have thoroughly studied Stan and Steve Ditko's signatures throughout the years and I am almost certain this is not any good. The "s" is far too enclosed within itself, and the double "e" at the end is a wretched mockery of a forgery. 

Of course, "This above all: to thine own self be true" But if it were me I would say a certain no.

But once again, that is just my own opinion, I could be wrong.

Hopefully it turns out well for you at the end, and I hope you the best with them/

Just now, SkOw said:

I highly recommend not deleting it. He chickened out on a scam because he didn’t want to go to jail.   What he did was a crime. He is young and got scared, and now he wants all the evidence gone. 

Yup, I sent a link to this thread as well.

14 minutes ago, Park said:

Uggggh. I am on my phone. Can somebody capture that quote from him a little better than I did?

Yeah him saying "I have thoroughly studied Stan and Steve Ditko's signatures throughout the years" has NOT aged well...

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

So cliffsnotes:

Seller had some books he knew had fake signatures on them (Lee & Ditko). 

Seller ended up in a financial situation where he needed money

Seller tried to sell known fakes on the board as legit. Including some story around the provenance of the signatures. 

Seller got called out for the books (or maybe the provenance) being fake. 

Seller then pulled sales thread and tried to wipe out as much evidence as possible.

Community smells something fishy
Seller goes for big swing a asks for everything around him and his ID  and his comic book existence to be deleted as a show of repentance for selling apparently fake autographs

Community smells something even fishier

Seller confesses, dumps a sob story (real or fake unknown) and admits he was selling comics he knew had fake signatures. 

Community starts digging in on his reasons for wanting all evidence of the books and the transgression to be wiped out. 

Seller posts apparently now defaced copies of the comic with the fake signatures scribbled out to show that they will not be offered elsewhere or attempted to be passed off as authentic elsewhere. 

...did I get it? 

Sounds about right.  I was the "mystery" subscriber to the thread last night.  I wanted to see how it would end up as I had my doubts but wanted to see how it would play out without threadcrapping.  Aside from the original post, I have an email for each post that he made before he wiped them clean. 

Edited by Buzzetta

18 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Easy. Ban account, leave post history intact.

We were going to force him to be your butler for the next year. No good?

This is just . . . wow. To see this on our boards makes me angry . . . but mostly really sad.

This reinforces my support for the service CGC provides. As much as I wish I lived in a world where people weren't dishonest, I don't, and buying witnessed signatures gives me peace of mind.

Just now, DR.X said:

I missed all this action, and just got caught up. I've put some thought into this and Sharon has convinced me to become a " trusted antiquarian dealer."

Does that mean the stuff you deal in is antiquarian....or you're antiquarian? 

5 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I missed all this action, and just got caught up. I've put some thought into this and Sharon has convinced me to become a " trusted antiquarian dealer."

What's going on Doctor?Send me a telegram svp.