• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, comix4fun said:
8 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I missed all this action, and just got caught up. I've put some thought into this and Sharon has convinced me to become a " trusted antiquarian dealer."

Does that mean the stuff you deal in is antiquarian....or you're antiquarian? 

A little bit of both, but it does have some snap to it. :banana:

21 minutes ago, DR.X said:

A little bit of both, but it does have some snap to it. :banana:

This calls for a new patch...

1231160083_ScreenShot2020-07-02at5_39_18PM.thumb.png.5c1b0283d9c3447d15e55fce80325260.png

6 hours ago, Aliens said:

I do not sell inauthentic material ever and I have indeed sold authentic ditko signatures in the past (which have passed CBCS labels and what not) but most unfortunately, this was not one of those times. 

I would call into question those CBCS books.

Considering this is the guy who 'authenticated' the Ewert books as unrestored, why would I believe the authentification of sigs?

11 hours ago, telerites said:
12 hours ago, Aliens said:

I found sufficient reason based against my claims of the signature's authenticity

Maybe he talked to Rick, from Pawn Stars Ditko expert??

pawn stars.png

20 hours ago, Park said:

Before that post disappears as well.

337 posts
Aliens
  •  
  •  
  •  

I have thoroughly studied Stan and Steve Ditko's signatures throughout the years and I am almost certain this is not any good. The "s" is far too enclosed within itself, and the double "e" at the end is a wretched mockery of a forgery. 

Of course, "This above all: to thine own self be true" But if it were me I would say a certain no.

But once again, that is just my own opinion, I could be wrong.

Hopefully it turns out well for you at the end, and I hope you the best with them/

that avatar looks familiar

He also speaks a lot like DarthGWait or whatever his name was who came here back around 7 years ago... he was the guy that has done everything and anything. 

18 minutes ago, DR.X said:

was that the guy who was living on some secret island or some garbage like that. we need a greatest hits thread. We can start with Nik and piglet. LOL

and I have some rims for sale by the way.

Something like that... people would have a conversation about pressing and he would jump in saying something like, "this reminds me an obtuse conversation that I had in passing with Kurt Cobain while vacationing in France with my father shortly before Cobain died." 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, JustSayin said:

?  Just takes me to the front of the boards... or... is this his? 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/13998-dgarthwaite-migration/content/?type=forums_topic_post

This is who I meant..... dgarthwaite

51 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
1 hour ago, DR.X said:

was that the guy who was living on some secret island or some garbage like that. we need a greatest hits thread. We can start with Nik and piglet. LOL

Something like that... people would have a conversation about pressing and he would jump in saying something like, "this reminds me an obtuse conversation that I had in passing with Kurt Cobain while vacationing in France with my father shortly before Cobain died." 

I think its the same guy. Could fabricate a story in seconds. Kind of like Frisby in Hocus Pocus and Frisby on the Twilight Zone.

54 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Don't forget the model girlfriend. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Don't forget the model girlfriend. 

Super model girlfriend. 

I doubt he was with just some run of the mill model

22 minutes ago, Park said:

Super model girlfriend. 

I doubt he was with just some run of the mill model

Oh yeah, good point. 

2 hours ago, DR.X said:

.... and I have a Tales of Suspense #39 for you.

That guy :roflmao:

Edited by NP_Gresham