• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

We need this guy's name. The people who bought his fake books and then had their money refunded should know his name and his email address, and maybe even his mailing address.

He came here to defraud all of us on the forum. He didn't care who. His name should be known here, to hinder his ability and desire to do this again.

11 hours ago, Park said:

Super model girlfriend. 

I doubt he was with just some run of the mill model

She was a Playboy Playmate, and she went with Darth to have breakfast at the playboy mansion with Hef.

2 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

She was a Playboy Playmate, and she went with Darth to have breakfast at the playboy mansion with Hef.

Wow......................just wow.

5 hours ago, Ghostzapper said:

I thought another message of explanation was needed.

If you gaze throughout my account, for the past 3 years I have posted on numerous subjects based on signatures, autographs of comic writers and artists (either responding to threads on the subject of signatures or starting my own threads). I started a thread initially retrospecting the “worst” Lee SS books (AF 15’s with Stan signatures on Spiderman’s face, etc.) which although began as plain curiosity, fun and overall admiration for Stan, to see the many signed books which did not turn out so well, once Stan passed along and a boardie mentioned the thread seemed a bit mean (which had never been my initial desire) I thus immediately changed the title to “WE LOVE STAN LEE” requesting to only post memories and photos of Stan’s life.

As well I have indeed been a great Ditko enthusiast, and that is viewable in my post’s throughout the years. 

Because this one incident already costed me all trust, rightfully so, I thought I would return again and explain the threads which were selected here, as now i suppose all past sales by me seem questionable when they should not be fraughted by the incident. 

The Stan Lee, George Lucas and Harrison Ford signatures was sent to PSA/DNA after asking on the forums and it unfortunately did not get a pass, but indeed I did purchase the book at a convention along with, as stated, a Sigourney Weaver Aliens photo signed, which too did not pass PSA/DNA.  I still have the book somewhere, as well as the Aliens photo (which for some reason is still in a frame and hanging on the wall)

The Jack Kirby stan lee Steve Ditko  signed… real??? post was regarding three separate signatures by all of them, and it was never sold, but rather I decided to keep them for myself—and if you do not believe me on that, understandably, I swear to it that you will never discover a buyer who ever touched them as there never was one—The Kirby signature was on a copy of the Art of Jack Kirby the 1000 limited edition folio omnibus published by Wyman and Hohlfeld in the early 90s before Kirby’s death (and of course this along with the FF #1 and X Men #1 reprints also limtied and signed, may or may have not been signed by Roz), the Stan Lee was on a comic, which did prove to pass authentication with CBCS and it was a dedicated signature from the mid 2000s and the Ditko signature was on a signed letter (cut, not by me).

The two posts on DITKO are regarding the same book (the first book on the topic of me first receiving the book, this was not a SALE page, but as I have noted, a showing off of a recent grail in my collection) and the next was a SALE page but it never did sell (it would sell a bit of time later, and it passed CBCS authentication, as well as other copies which were from the same signing set have also passed) Steve did sign for Robin Snyder in the past on quiet a few circumstances. (I included photos of the inside signature by Ditko fro the copy I have shown here, which although not mine now, as it was happily purchased some year ago by a very respectable individual, passed CBCS authentication at an 8.0), and as well a 5.0 CBCS authenticated copy (Not ever belonging to me, but shown for provenance that other copies, besides the one I owned have passed.)

Lastly, the STAN LEE SIGNED books, never sold, and was as well purchased, I still own these issues and have never thought of getting them authenticated, although I have the spiderman poster which was noted as being signed still hanging on my wall.

I have always collected Stan signatures and equally so with my affection for Ditko I have picked autographed material by him throughout years scouting for them (my holy grail is a piece of OA from him in his work with DC during the Vietnam war and as well a book signed by Stan.) 

Although I find it of not much interest on here any longer, the covid-19 case before mentioned which has affected a very personal individual of mine has just passed of the virus, that is why I have not really had time to respond to many of the messages above.

If all would feel more comfortable with my account staying here to prevent me from “future-suspicion” then so be it, that would be completely fine, I had thought that if my account was not on the forum any longer it would make everyone more eased, but if it is the opposite that it once again fine.

IMG-1727.jpg

IMG-1728.jpg

IMG-1729.JPG

945A93D1-3EC5-4358-9182-183B593C107E.jpeg

F5D2803A-BA87-44DA-A3CE-0D4082C60E15.jpeg

Edited by Aliens

16 hours ago, Aliens said:

Because this one incident already costed me all trust, rightfully so,

Right, so quite trying to fall on your sword here. You knowingly, and deliberately lied about those signatures, and then switched gears and confessed, after your attempted swindle of reputable board members. I personally can't stand liars or cheats. Pull that stuff with people I run with you'd get a different response than an internet message board.

Edited by DR.X

On 7/2/2020 at 11:38 AM, Aliens said:

This will be the final message I write on the boards before my banning

Evidently this statement wasn't honest either as you have continued to post. 

I consider myself to be very understanding and if your story of woe is in fact true, my sympathy, but, your actions here are inexcusable. 

I honestly think it best that you move on.  

One of the adages that I believe is that the previous experience predicts future behavior.  I hope in your case it is not true because for what you attempted and may have tried and succeeded in the past is such an indelible stain on our hobby.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, telerites said:
On 7/2/2020 at 11:38 AM, Aliens said:

This will be the final message I write on the boards before my banning

Evidently this statement wasn't honest either as you have continued to post. 

I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE VERY UNDERSTANDING AND IF YOUR STORY OF WOE IS IN FACT TRUE, MY SYMPATHY, BUT YOUR ACTIONS HERE ARE INEXCUSABLE. I honestly think it best that you move on.  

One of the adages that I believe is that the previous experience predicts future behavior.  I hope in your case it is not true because for what you attempted and may have tried and succeeded in the past is such an indelible stain on our hobby.

Good luck.

Bingo, if his story is true? Have no way of knowing either way, but these boards have heard this same story before quite a few times. And of course its only after the fact when someone gets caught, or fess's up to the truth. One thing as nothing to do with the other.

I fear that this is going to get all sorts of worse.  What is this guy's eBay account and what other groups or forums does he sell on?

How many fake Ditko books are out there that at one point passed through his hands? 

Honestly, this is like when any member of law enforcement or member of the judiciary is caught taking a bribe or doing something dishonest in a case.  It has now thrown every other legal event they have been involved in into question.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I fear that this is going to get all sorts of worse.  What is this guy's eBay account and what other groups or forums does he sell on?

How many fake Ditko books are out there that at one point passed through his hands? 

Honestly, this is like when any member of law enforcement or member of the judiciary is caught taking a bribe or doing something dishonest in a case.  It has now thrown every other legal event they have been involved in into question.

And he " claims " he blacked out the names with a marker? So even " if " the signatures are fake, further deface a neat comic with black marker. By they way did you check for bleed through on the next page. :screwy:

Let's lighten things up in here with something funny I learned today:

Today I learned: CBCS only has ONE single employee working at their Canadian location...and he doesn't even live in Canada :D

Rather he drives in from the USA only about 2-4 times a month. So yeah, the reason their Canadian office is still 'shut down' isn't due to government work regulations for COVID, but rather because the one guy can't drive across the border anymore and nobody else works there (they share the facility with another distribution company, and that company has been up and running for awhile now).

edit: Spoiler my stack of graded books has been sitting in the Canadian facility since the start of February, and even before the lockdown happened they didn't mail them out - and now there isn't any one there to toss em in the mail or allow for curb side pickup...cause I live 20 minutes away. Frusssstttrraaattiioonnnn! So much for that first time customer 'test' in grading alternatives. :D

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 7/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, SkOw said:

Also for the record (and he deleted the text from our PMs otherwise I would have posted screen caps) here is what he told me when I asked about the return policy if they weren’t authentic. This is when I figured something was up:

Thank you once again for the compliment, I think they are too.

I have looked over them for many years and am convinced they are authentic, but I did not personally witness them get signed, as I said in the description, I purchased them many years ago from a trusted antiquarian dealer, so my own convincing opinion and honor on that can really only go so far. I hope you understand. Now, on the returning, if this was any other time I would say yes, but with the virus (the reason why, alas, I am letting them go) all the money collected from these sales are going strait to benefitting my current, rather "tragic" situation, and thus getting money back to anyone would be tough. 

I would really say look at the signatures carefully and study them well, and be certain before you do anything. I do not want anyone to be unhappy with this, and god forbid, if any company states them not to be authentic, I would be utterly stabbed with pain. You have the reputation of my honor and dignity on them being authentic, but of course, once again, that only goes so far. 

It is a tricky business, but if you feel confident I hope I can get them to someone who would, indeed, hold it as a "center" piece, as I believe it deserves that very much so, as they are very, very special.

Once again thank you for the interest.

Cordially yours, Vincent

This makes me so mad and sad at the same. *sigh*

10 minutes ago, telerites said:

It is really disturbing that Aliens has not left the original content of other posts up and @Buzzetta bumped the bottom one.  He is still lurking having visited 53 minutes ago.  

Want me to hide my post ?  It can make it disappear again.  What do you think is best?

1 hour ago, telerites said:

It is really disturbing that Aliens has not left the original content of other posts up and @Buzzetta bumped the bottom one.  He is still lurking having visited 53 minutes ago.  

Visiting for what? Does he think he gets a slap on the wrist and an intervention.

I did not see this guy in the "probation discusssion" thread.

Can someone he had dealings with nominate him (even though he refunded the money and backed out prior to completeing the "deal")?

I am not all that up on the rules, however, it seems clear that this "person" should no longer be free to conduct business here as if nothing has occurred (as if he has a clean record).

14 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I did not see this guy in the "probation discusssion" thread.

Can someone he had dealings with nominate him (even though he refunded the money and backed out prior to completeing the "deal")?

I am not all that up on the rules, however, it seems clear that this "person" should no longer be free to conduct business here as if nothing has occurred (as if he has a clean record).

The probation list has to have a way to get off it and that cant be done in this case.

HOS, I would suggest is more appropriate