• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SkOw said:

@Xatari

@dinesh_s

Would either of you be willing to please post this scumbag's PayPal address?

Edit: Or anyone else that has it from past dealings?

You can't post PP addresses...it's too bad that he came back to delete posts, because that convinces ME at least that he should be in the HOS.

Where is @crassus ?

R...what do you think?

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Since this was an attempt to defraud the forum and comic collecting community at large then I believe that anyone could nominate him that was following or considering the a purchase in that thread. 

Had he not walked back on what he did those books would have been out there for unsuspecting buyers in the future.  There is no coming back from this.  To be honest, he committed a felony.   Just because he got cold feet doesn't change that fact.  If someone walks into a bank and robs the place, they still face consequences even if they turn around and put the money back saying just kidding.

I mean, I will nominate him and put it together myself if you want. 

You would do a great job.

26 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You would do a great job.

hm 

Honestly, your vote of confidence means a lot here.   Let me put something together... 

Edited by Buzzetta

@Kevin.J I completely agree that this is HOS worthy.  I said "probation thread" as I thought both PL and HOS were discussed in the same thread.  I agree with you 100%, however, that this kind of action is the very essence of what the HOS was created for.

@Buzzetta, Thank you, Andrew,  for taking the time and effort to make the nomination.  I was not sure the rules surrounding who could nominate ALTHOUGH I certainly believe his actions were against the community as a whole (as much as against any one potential buyer).  Thank you, again.

The following is my opinion only - As for this being a "felony", there are jurisdictional issues that arise in a case such as this.  It would have been a lot easier, had he actually sold and "mailed" one of these books.  That would makes things very easy on so many levels.  I am NOT saying his actions were not felonious, just that prosecution in such cases is difficult (due to various jurisdictions being involved and "actual loss" vs "potential loss" being at zero).  I hope this makes sense.  It is likely a moot point, since no one here (as far as I know) is looking to file a criminal case.

Just now, Hudson said:

@Kevin.J I completely agree that this is HOS worthy.  I said "probation thread" as I thought both PL and HOS were discussed in the same thread.  I agree with you 100%, however, that this kind of action is the very essence of what the HOS was created for.

@Buzzetta, Thank you, Andrew,  for taking the time and effort to make the nomination.  I was not sure the rules surrounding who could nominate ALTHOUGH I certainly believe his actions were against the community as a whole (as much as against any one potential buyer).  Thank you, again.

The following is my opinion only - As for this being a "felony", there are jurisdictional issues that arise in a case such as this.  It would have been a lot easier, had he actually sold and "mailed" one of these books.  That would makes things very easy on so many levels.  I am NOT saying his actions were not felonious, just that prosecution in such cases is difficult (due to various jurisdictions being involved and "actual loss" vs "potential loss" being at zero).  I hope this makes sense.  It is likely a moot point, since no one here (as far as I know) is looking to file a criminal case.

Good point.  I would still categorize it as a criminal act even though that in itself is a vague statement.  Money was paid and accepted for a product that the seller admitted was fraudulently created. The admission of guilt in this case removes speculation as to whether or not this was intentional.  The seller engaged in fraud.  Had no one pointed out any issues in the thread regarding authenticity the only speculation that exists is whether or not the seller would have refunded the buyers based on his own conscience. 

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
3 hours ago, Hudson said:

Good point.  I would still categorize it as a criminal act even though that in itself is a vague statement.  Money was paid and accepted for a product that the seller admitted was fraudulently created. The admission of guilt in this case removes speculation as to whether or not this was intentional.  The seller engaged in fraud.  Had no one pointed out any issues in the thread regarding authenticity the only speculation that exists is whether or not the seller would have refunded the buyers based on his own conscience. 

I am just catching up, but I went back to look at the HoS for "smashdash", which was a "mystery box" scam, and caught in the sales thread as it happened. There was one member who had placed a "take it" and paid, and within a day had asked for a refund (not sure of the result  EDIT: refund was reported as received) but all this in the space of 2 days, and the clear implication of the thread was that "smashdash" was headed for an HoS nomination whatever the fate of that Boardie's refund. And it was not that Boardie seeking [and receiving} the refund that made the nomination. The only dispute in the thread was about where the poll and its link should be placed, which was resolved by Pov by rule and precedent. 

So apart from a procedural argument, my reading of "smashdash" is that it did not hinge on that one "take it" and payment, he was headed to an HoS vote notwithstanding any purchase in the thread. 2c

Edited by crassus
correction of information

1 minute ago, crassus said:

I am just catching up, but I went back to look at the HoS for "smashdash", which was a "mystery box" scam, and caught in the sales thread as it happened. There was one member who had placed a "take it" and paid, and within a day had asked for a refund (not sure of the result) but all this in the space of 2 days, and the clear implication of the thread was that "smashdash" was headed for an HoS nomination whatever the fate of that Boardie's refund. And it was not that Boardie seeking the refund that made the nomination. The only dispute in the thread was about where the poll and its link should be placed, which was resolved by Pov by rule and precedent. 

So apart from a procedural argument, my reading of "smashdash" is that it did not hinge on that one "take it" and payment, he was headed to an HoS vote notwithstanding any purchase in the thread. 2c

Interesting... I am almost finished with the write up.  I really think this one is cut and dry.  He admits to forging signatures and collected over $1400 in payment.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Interesting... I am almost finished with the write up.  I really think this one is cut and dry.  He admits to forging signatures and collected over $1400 in payment.

Was that post deleted? I must have missed it but got in on that thread a bit late.

Just now, DR.X said:

Was that post deleted? I must have missed it but got in on that thread a bit late.

I have a screen shot... I captured a few things before he had the ability to erase everything. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have read through what this Boardie has admitted to doing, even his confession sounds like an agenda, and having confessed there is no 30 day rule...and it is a poll, people can vote their conscience. I would say the Boardie can speak in his defense, but apparently he wants to be banned. (shrug)

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

You can't post PP addresses...it's too bad that he came back to delete posts, because that convinces ME at least that he should be in the HOS.

Where is @crassus ?

R...what do you think?

:hi: Sha, did I get the sense of "smashdash" correct? 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The write up is done... I umm

I forgot how to create a poll.  Soon as I figure that out the whole thing will go live.

@skypinkblu Sharon? 

:taptaptap:

In all seriousness though I really appreciate you taking the time to do that! :golfclap:

Just now, SkOw said:

:taptaptap:

In all seriousness though I really appreciate you taking the time to do that! :golfclap:

It saved me some money.  I missed out on CLink stuff...

But really, how do I create a poll?  I don't think I have done that in a very long time. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The write up is done... I umm

I forgot how to create a poll.  Soon as I figure that out the whole thing will go live.

@skypinkblu Sharon? @Hudson ?  @crassus ?  @Park ?  @DR.X ?

I don't remember. I think it is an option when you create a new thread?

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

It saved me some money.  I missed out on CLink stuff...

But really, how do I create a poll?  I don't think I have done that in a very long time. 

Shadow-knows-slider-1024x427.png