• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Just now, Park said:

I don't remember. I think it is an option when you create a new thread?

We used to be able to insert polls into preexisting threads.  I was trying to do that in probation discussions where I have the entire post ready to submit. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

We used to be able to insert polls into preexisting threads.  I was trying to do that in probation discussions where I have the entire post ready to submit. 

When you push the "create new topic" you get a tab option for a poll, but unfortunately I'm not sure if that can be combined with a text write up, or if the first post of the new thread needs to be the poll stand alone....I'm not sure there is an insert poll option anymore, but I don't know....

Just now, crassus said:

When you push the "create new topic" you get a tab option for a poll, but unfortunately I'm not sure if that can be combined with a text write up, or if the first post of the new thread needs to be the poll stand alone....I'm not sure there is an insert poll option anymore, but I don't know....

@Park was right, I had to start a new thread.   

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Here you go

I would post a notice with this link in Comics General as well. The more I think about this the more concerned I get. It is disarming when someone volunteers to fall on their own sword so fast with such enthusiasm...'please condemn rotten me' etc....its like some over the top soliloquy on stage....and the desire for complete oblivion, makes it probable there is a history we are not supposed to see, or connect the dots too... 2c

37 minutes ago, crassus said:

:hi: Sha, did I get the sense of "smashdash" correct? 

Yes, I don't think it matters that he didn't keep funds (although we don't know if he received funds from another person). In this case we are not a court of law, it's a chatboard. We don't have to go by legal precedent, we have our own rules and he is obviously a bad actor. That was proven when he started erasing things.

Prior to that "someone" might have felt sorry for him....but not once he started to hide evidence. He made his duplicity obvious. He was here with the clear intent to pass along something that was not real (he admitted that) to people in our community for money.

1 minute ago, crassus said:

I would post a notice with this link in Comics General as well. The more I think about this the more concerned I get. It is disarming when someone volunteers to fall on their own sword so fast with such enthusiasm...'please condemn rotten me' etc....its like some over the top soliloquy on stage....and the desire for complete oblivion, makes it probable there is a history we are not supposed to see, or connect the dots too... 2c

I responded with an announcement and link to a thread he started about Ditko books in CG.   I did not think that starting its own thread in CGC was proper. I seem to recall that when we had the Chip Cataldo thing go down that Arch did not want to see reminders of what Chip did all over the place but that we could post it here and there. 

27 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought we were going to put HOS polls in comics general where they would be more easily seen?

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Yes, I don't think it matters that he didn't keep funds (although we don't know if he received funds from another person). In this case we are not a court of law, it's a chatboard. We don't have to go by legal precedent, we have our own rules and he is obviously a bad actor. That was proven when he started erasing things.

Prior to that "someone" might have felt sorry for him....but not once he started to hide evidence. He made his duplicity obvious. He was here with the clear intent to pass along something that was not real (he admitted that) to people in our community for money.

Why are you up so late, and why aren't you busy making my custom masks with your signature on them?

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I thought we were going to put HOS polls in comics general where they would be more easily seen?

I will post a thread there with a link to the thread here then... 

8-9 people already voted so... 

Edited by Buzzetta

31 minutes ago, Park said:

I don't remember. I think it is an option when you create a new thread?

I have not created one in a long time, but that was what the new software did...unless it was changed. you needed to create the poll before you wrote anything. 

If that doesn't work, we can pm Scott.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I responded with an announcement and link to a thread he started about Ditko books in CG.   I did not think that starting its own thread in CGC was proper. I seem to recall that when we had the Chip Cataldo thing go down that Arch did not want to see reminders of what Chip did all over the place but that we could post it here and there. 

Thank you for putting this together. 

I'm big with second chances and tend to have a lot of empathy. But this was blatantly despicable. And his confession was so unusual. I don't trust any part of his story. 

Aside from a few local guys,  I pretty much exclusively buy from these boards and it's upsetting to see stuff like this. 

3 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Why are you up so late, and why aren't you busy making my custom masks with your signature on them?

Cinderella actually is taking a break and going to sleep soon...I'm an hour after you, remember...and WHAT custom masks? are you under 16?

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I fear that this is going to get all sorts of worse.  What is this guy's eBay account and what other groups or forums does he sell on?

How many fake Ditko books are out there that at one point passed through his hands? 

Honestly, this is like when any member of law enforcement or member of the judiciary is caught taking a bribe or doing something dishonest in a case.  It has now thrown every other legal event they have been involved in into question.

chameleoncolors 

He tried selling the Ditko Package at the CBCS forum.

Edited by MR SigS