• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

I guess backing out of a 'take it' and trying(failing) to delete it is ok around here now? The seller was fine with it - so no foul I guess.

How long before the Ebay excuses arrive?

Training my cat to hit :takeit: ...... :martini:

Did you catch the sale that stated that they will sell to anyone because "everyone deserves a second chance?"

I've got to be honest here, if someone on the boards owed me money and was spending money elsewhere, I would raise an eyebrow. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Did you catch the sale that stated that they will sell to anyone because "everyone deserves a second chance?"

I've got to be honest here, if someone on the boards owed me money and was spending money elsewhere, I would raise an eyebrow. 

I wonder what he would do if a potential buyer had already blown his second chance... hm

23 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

This jerk. "below GPA" my left foot.

Also hes posting with no info and not following any of the rules (and stating a thread for each book) but someone offers to buy (his other listing) anyway...which just reinforces that the rules don't matter..

Maybe he meant below GAAP?  hm

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

This jerk. "below GPA" my left foot.

Also hes posting with no info and not following any of the rules (and stating a thread for each book) but someone offers to buy (his other listing) anyway...which just reinforces that the rules don't matter..

Awww. @Ozonetv closed his thread without even trying to justify his lying... that's no fun!

On 7/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, DR.X said:

I was looking at the books $100 and up with no grades. And this " Nah, I backed out " is special.

I was looking at a bunch of 7.0 books that the seller was calling NM+.

:tonofbricks:

(talking about a different sales thread)

Edited by mrwoogieman

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Can anyone find the "one sold for $4500 on boards in Jan" sale? I can't but then again searching this board isn't always easy....

Found it. 

He neglected to mention it was the white pages Twin City pedigree copy.

Screenshot_20200716-212609.thumb.png.50e6f2aa1a5db8d1a6d68a7520702862.png

58 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Heeeeee's back

Now With a special board premium of the added $550

Must be because of the high fees we have here

Don’t worry, the newly listed one is part of a made up pedigree.  

Sorry, “collection”.

Edited by mattn792
Terminology and such

6 hours ago, Harry Lime said:
10 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Don’t worry, the newly listed one is part of a made up pedigree.  

Sorry, “collection”.

Yep, it's the Oregon Ghost pedigree.

It has a certain ring to it. Ghost Pedigree. I like it.  This might be bigger than the 'Eastern Color Uncirculated Books, that Cup Cake brought to market.

Remember his claim,

" 'The books are, in 99% of the cases the absolute finest available specimen.' Most are unimprovable, and like Mile Highs, are infectious to the condition conscious 'Mint Freak. "

This could be the find of the century.

50 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Pretty clear this guy is a serial liar and bad news.

Definitely bears watching but hopefully he figures out his noobishness

Edited by Inappropriate Spock

8 hours ago, DR.X said:

It has a certain ring to it. Ghost Pedigree. I like it. This might be bigger than the 'Eastern Color Uncirculated Books, that Cup Cake brought to market.

Remember his claim,

" 'The books are, in 99% of the cases the absolute finest available specimen.' Most are unimprovable, and like Mile Highs, are infectious to the condition conscious 'Mint Freak. "

This could be the find of the century.

The name reminded me of the “Ghost Variant” covers from 7-8 years ago that were getting a lot of buzz.