• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, comicsyte95 said:

On all books not sold yet and monies not collected.not included.

i will donate 25% of new sales sold (minus shipping fees)cash to skypinkblu to be used for any way she

Sees fit to help out kids masks or toy Donation .

Awesomeness brother 

Ray your sale book qualified so far

(In hand)so $1.25 so far to send to skypinkblu 

(In hand)George is buying comics and Sharon gets $9.39 out of that+ he bought more $4.69 ..so total from him is  $14.08 

(In hand) $68.75

Cristian bought a comic lot I was selling that is 25% of the total

all donations will be sent to Sharon when sale ends as agreed to her. 

the total I am going to pm her Grand total Is

$68.75+$14.08+$1.25 is $84.08

aug 02 20:17 paid Sharon in full 

Matt just bought a $50 lot of comics off me (some of my dads comics)he paid Sharon directly.Many Thanks!!

kristopher just bought a few comics and made a $10 donation to Sharon directly many thanks 

nick sent me monies on statues I sent 1/2 to Sharon .i added a small amount and evened it a bit for a full $75+$10 from the wd sale just sent $85

sold a comic lot to RCheli and Donated $50 Thanks go to him also he matched mine

to save room I’ll keep updating this post with total to save a thread and posts.if no one minds

Edited by comicsyte95

G/S/B had a short drought, and then BOOM, lots of interesting stuff on the boards. As usual, I'm already spent out for comics in my August budget. :( 

Also, I'm pretty convinced that sellers who say a price is FIRM really mean you won't get any more than 5% off the asking price.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

So... what the hell happened here

I was offline for about 12 hours yesterday so I didnt see anything. But when I surveyed this listling last night after midnight it seemed like a mess. the Op had listed books with prices and grades but then set the terms that people couldn't post "take its" until all the scans were posted (this limitation was the last line of a couple paragraphs of regular rules and was easy to miss). So as soon as the titles and prices and grades were posted there were a batch of takes, followed by some complaints/corrections, then some scans were posted (but not all) and there were a few more take it posts, followed by more complaints/corrections then more scan posts that actually completed the scan posts and THEN there were (more) takes . No major gnashing of teeth over the mess, but maybe people complained over night cause the thread has gotten a MAJOR haircut. 

All of the raw listings are now gone, along with all the related "Takes"... I think the thread got a major edit overnight (by the admins, I assume at the OPs request), but Im not 100% sure.

What the heck happened? And is the OP able to back out on sales merely due to a self-created cluster-mess? (I have no dog in the fight, having claimed none of the books, nor having an interest in claiming any of the books)

Edited by miraclemet
mistook one thread for another.... im a insufficiently_thoughtful_person

sounds like a mess for sure if this was the case, and a lousy way to run a thread IMO. So did he edit his sale rules when things started to fall apart? Someone help him rotate his scans.

Edited by DR.X

36 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I was offline for about 12 hours yesterday so I didnt see anything. But when I surveyed this listling last night after midnight it seemed like a mess. the Op had listed books with prices and grades but then set the terms that people couldn't post "take its" until all the scans were posted (this limitation was the last line of a couple paragraphs of regular rules and was easy to miss). So as soon as the titles and prices and grades were posted there were a batch of takes, followed by some complaints/corrections, then some scans were posted (but not all) and there were a few more take it posts, followed by more complaints/corrections then more scan posts that actually completed the scan posts and THEN there were (more) takes . No major gnashing of teeth over the mess, but maybe people complained over night cause the thread has gotten a MAJOR haircut. 

All of the raw listings are now gone, along with all the related "Takes"... I think the thread got a major edit overnight (by the admins, I assume at the OPs request), but Im not 100% sure.

What the heck happened? And is the OP able to back out on sales merely due to a self-created cluster-mess? (I have no dog in the fight, having claimed none of the books, nor having an interest in claiming any of the books)

The poster wouldn't be able to remove other people's posts and I doubt there was a mod or admin doing that in the middle of the night. All I see are some sideway scans and one take it. Are you sure you weren't dreaming;)?

That thread looks the same to me as it did 7-8 hours ago.  The OP normally lists books with grade & price, then follows with scans asking that no one post “takes” until all images are up.  One or two people jumped the gun early, then others followed suit thinking it was “go” time.  It didn’t look like any posts were poofed as of a minute ago.

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

I think you have my post confused with a different thread... 

8 hours ago, miraclemet said:
8 hours ago, Bobby Watts said:

I think you have my post confused with a different thread... 

oh I totally did!

I rescind my specific confusion and revert to my state of general confusion. 

I was ready for Friday Night Pitchforks.

Hey everyone, I'd like to start my first forum sales post and I read the rules, but was unclear if what I wanted to do below was allowed.

Instead of claims on the thread, I'd like to post direct Paypal "Add to Cart" buttons/links for each of the books so you're essentially claiming by purchasing. I would only post the links on the forum post until it's sold or moved to another sales venue.

What do you all think, is this allowable under the guidelines? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Jmchnaway said:

Hey everyone, I'd like to start my first forum sales post and I read the rules, but was unclear if what I wanted to do below was allowed.

Instead of claims on the thread, I'd like to post direct Paypal "Add to Cart" buttons/links for each of the books so you're essentially claiming by purchasing. I would only post the links on the forum post until it's sold or moved to another sales venue.

What do you all think, is this allowable under the guidelines? Thanks in advance.

I suppose it's allowed if once a book is claimed, other potential buyers are immediately aware that the book is no longer available.  It doesn't really fit into the spirit of buying and selling here, though.  Part of what makes the buying and selling forum here special, is interacting personally with each other during the transaction.  

46 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I suppose it's allowed if once a book is claimed, other potential buyers are immediately aware that the book is no longer available.  It doesn't really fit into the spirit of buying and selling here, though.  Part of what makes the buying and selling forum here special, is interacting personally with each other during the transaction.  

@comicdonna Thanks for your reply! That's fair, I was trying to come up with a way to avoid non-payers and other sorts, but I don't want to go against the spirit of the boards.