• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

A takeit in thread is an unqualified take

Cool, there should be a pinned glossary of terms somewhere... What term do you use to describe an unqualified take put down in a thread by a buyer, after the seller already told that buyer the item is no longer being sold? Asking for a friend. 

47 minutes ago, agamoto said:

Cool, there should be a pinned glossary of terms somewhere... What term do you use to describe an unqualified take put down in a thread by a buyer, after the seller already told that buyer the item is no longer being sold? Asking for a friend. 

I dunno, but your reply will have just lost you another heap of potential buyers.

You are obviously a big seller who is able to see flaws in books and can CPR them, you do consignments - clearly you have been at this a while.

However, this isn't facebook where anything goes.

I wasn't overly impressed with your 'I don't know what I'm doing' routine, and honestly, decided to give you a big swerve from the get-go.

Once you lose your rep here - it's a very long struggle to get any of it back.

Trust me on this.

3 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Anyone else think Saturday is the new Sunday for sales threads?   

My security camera's caught me rolling in tonight at 10:18. Rolling tonight in 35 degree temps with some brothers.. WTF is going on around here? LOL. Is it Sat or Sunday yet. Whoooo Hoooo.

night riding.jpg

Edited by DR.X

9 hours ago, agamoto said:

You should have made the sale. You turned a nothingburger into a serious loss of cash from a really great place with a LOT of great people. :headbang:

I see @agamoto had a major meltdown last night. I admit to chuckling at this:

The right thing to do after staking that claim and being denied it, is to consider once more why it was denied, and maybe not go off grumbling about it when you've been around long enough to know that  you'll be setting off firecrackers in the pants of every single comic-book forum karen here, all demanding to see that seller's manager.

40 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

The right thing to do after staking that claim and being denied it, is to consider once more why it was denied, and maybe not go off grumbling about it when you've been around long enough to know that  you'll be setting off firecrackers in the pants of every single comic-book forum karen here, all demanding to see that seller's manager.

Damn kids today.  rantrant

8 hours ago, DR.X said:

My security camera's caught me rolling in tonight at 10:18. Rolling tonight in 35 degree temps with some brothers.. WTF is going on around here? LOL. Is it Sat or Sunday yet. Whoooo Hoooo.

night riding.jpg

It's always Friday on the CGC Forum :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Good grief. 

Strange, in that whole wall-of-text FDQ exit, in all his long-winded self-serving explanatory posts, all the surgical dissection of semantics and sentence structure, all the high talk of “nuance” and “intent”, all the claims of injury due to the Board member’s lack of consideration for his being “too busy”....and the ONE thing he conveniently keeps overlooking: if he had time to message Miracle about the pressing details, he had time to remove the book.

If he had just removed the book before messaging Miracle this truly would have been a nothing-burger.  I think there’s enough of a gray area with Miracle’s claim that I don’t think he necessarily owes Miracle the book, but it would have been a lot better if he would have at least acknowledged that doing that one simple thing would have been better...instead of doubling and tripling down on how the Board’s have got it all wrong.    

What I’m wondering now:  if he’s blown the Boards off and shut off all his notifications...is he planning on following through on all the other sales he made in his thread?  

Quick question amongst all this drama...

It's been like a decade since I sold anything on these boards, but I want to sell a few CGC'd books in the near soonish timeframe.  Is there anything I can do aside from obvious things to make people comfortable buying from a 'newer' seller?

And because it's not always clear, I consider following rules, shipping well, and not being a jerk the 'obvious' things:-)  

22 minutes ago, unmovedmover said:

It's been like a decade since I sold anything on these boards, but I want to sell a few CGC'd books in the near soonish timeframe.  Is there anything I can do aside from obvious things to make people comfortable buying from a 'newer' seller?

And because it's not always clear, I consider following rules, shipping well, and not being a jerk the 'obvious' things:-)  

try not to waffle them

1 hour ago, unmovedmover said:

Considering you registered in 2006, I think that gives you some credibility already.  If you sell on Ebay, post your ID.  If you have bought here, post some of the sellers you have bought from.  Some folks have Kudos threads so if do post the link.

I wouldn't consider you a new seller - just post what you have above that it has been a decade since you sold anything here.

Post clean scans and or pics, good descriptions of raw books.

You shouldn't have any issues selling here (follow the guidelines like you said) and keep a good attitude (again like you said).  So have fun and sell away.  

Lastly, good luck - look forward to seeing what you've got. :smile:

PS - send me a PM first to give me first shot at the books lol :insane:

On 10/23/2020 at 5:57 PM, miraclemet said:

I asked if any books were pressed, he asked which ones, i answered:

Screenshot_20201023-174748.thumb.png.a4f6ffbe28f0d9a68adfecbd83697038.png

He replied:

Screenshot_20201023-173820.thumb.png.8db0c43028ad61f2a209b25fe39a776a.png

I then went in the thread and also posted the take it

Screenshot_20201023-174023.thumb.png.e5492c42e1dd6ec3ba96ba65776039d0.png

Then he replied in the PM thread, with my reaction.

Screenshot_20201023-175011.thumb.png.14a94956cbbfaaf6c096afa641748d6f.png

And then updated the listing

Screenshot_20201023-175140.thumb.png.3d57cac6df3c270259983ece0de6cd9b.png

Agamoto has been pretty transparant about his side of the communication on this and we've both been quoting our pms in this discussion, so im assuming hes ok with the pms getting posed as well. 

As I've said, all of this stems from my reading of the word "think" (as far as "I think im going to pull it") and the delay between him wanting to pull the book and him pulling the book

I'm not really in agreement with most here based on reading the PM's, I only skimmed both threads.  

If you're sending a private message offering to purchase saying "if you're willing to sell" & then follow it up with a public "take it" in the thread then your "take it" is functionally agreeing to the list price & preventing others from buying but I think you are still awaiting an answer to the question you asked. 

I read the question you posed via PM as proof of your awareness of his expressed intentions to pull the book from the sales thread, whether he pulls it or not is irrelevant and whether your opinion changed based on reviewing his wording afterwards is kind of meaningless also IMHO. 

I have no problem with your public 'take it' since it serves a purpose and locks you in as first in line for that book at that price & conforms to the sparse thread rules.  However a deal between you and him is bound by the thread rules and the dialogue exchanged between you is relevant to your transaction.  By asking him whether he's willing to sell you've introduced a new dynamic beyond his thread rules and granted him an option that he can decline.

You summed it up correctly, you (without PM's) or anyone else, could have claimed the book.