• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Park said:

I have some Absolute Editions, as well as a handful of other trades and hardcovers, that I want to list for sale.

The content is all Copper or Modern. I can list these in the Copper/Modern forum yeah?

Or are trades and the like automatically supposed to go in the Mixed section?

Copper modern recommended

8 hours ago, revat said:
10 hours ago, Park said:

I have some Absolute Editions, as well as a handful of other trades and hardcovers, that I want to list for sale.

The content is all Copper or Modern. I can list these in the Copper/Modern forum yeah?

Or are trades and the like automatically supposed to go in the Mixed section?

Copper modern recommended

Yes, my understanding is that the rules are based on publication dates, not format. 

On 10/27/2020 at 2:23 PM, allthingskryptonite said:

Not sure if it's the right place to ask. Does anyone else feel that comic prices are down this week? I won a modern book for around 30% below GoCollect FMV. 

Something like this happened to me back in late February too. There was a lot of uncertainty regarding COVID, and the auctions were going significantly below FMV. 

I would like to hear from people who participated in any eBay auctions this last week.

I collected some more data points and I think prices are indeed going down. 

Is there any particular thread on the boards where people discuss price trends?

13 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Well, TMNT started in 1984, so I didn't think it mattered since they were all 1st prints from the original Mirage run.  

You may want to try and reach out to someone, as the rules were recently amended, allowing books from 1980-1984 to be listed in GA,SA, BA or CA, MA .... kind of a no man's land.  If the issues were released in '84 you should have been good to go. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I don't think it matters when the title started, it is the print date of each comic that matters. There are many TMNT post 1985 in there so it definitely is a mixed thread at that point IMO. A pain I can see but it seems accurate.

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

You may want to try and reach out to someone, as the rules were recently amended, allowing books from 1980-1984 to be listed in GA,SA, BA or CA, MA .... kind of a no man's land.  If the issues were released in '84 you should have been good to go. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

There are multiple books from 1987 - 1991 (possibly later)   

4 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Hello, quick question! What are the rules regarding "adult" books in the sales forums? I want to sell some pre-TMNT Eastman and Laird underground mini comix, but they depict adult content (mainly nudity and sex). Would putting a white box over the "unacceptable" parts be ok? Thanks!

I think that will be okay as long as you also specify adult content

Spoiler

And send me a PM of all the best bits :banana:  

:jokealert:

5 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Hello, quick question! What are the rules regarding "adult" books in the sales forums? I want to sell some pre-TMNT Eastman and Laird underground mini comix, but they depict adult content (mainly nudity and sex). Would putting a white box over the "unacceptable" parts be ok? Thanks!

Fish slapping and seal humping are definitely allowed. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

On 11/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, spracknetch23 said:

I ran a thread that was almost all adult books, about a year or so ago. I did like you said, covered up the naughtiest bits, spoilered some of the images, and posted a general warning of adult content prominently in my first post. Didn't run into any trouble.

one boardie tagged another boardie in my sales thread (thank you) and it got me thinking, would there be interest in a pinned area where you can add your name to a list to be (potentially) tagged when certain items are listed for sale. This is a facebook thing, yes, but it might have some utility here. Basically if I want issues of Master Comics I would add my name to the thread with "Master Comics"  (which would hopefully be updated in the first post for sellers to review easily) and then a seller can tag me in their sales thread so I am aware they are selling an issue of Masters Comics. the wants would have to be somewhat generic, or as much work as the person who edits the list is willing to put up with. (or it can be quoted and edited that way perhaps) The first post would have the list of boardies wishing to be tagged and their interests, e.g. "SA Spider-Man" might have ten names under it but "GA giant hand covers" might have just my name there. (Yes I want giant hand covers.) Is that clear? Some FB groups have this, some abuse it and tag everyone but most respect it although few actually use it I think.

anyway, just thinking out loud here

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

one boardie tagged another boardie in my sales thread (thank you) and it got me thinking, would there be interest in a pinned area where you can add your name to a list to be (potentially) tagged when certain items are listed for sale. This is a facebook thing, yes, but it might have some utility here. Basically if I want issues of Master Comics I would add my name to the thread with "Master Comics"  (which would hopefully be updated in the first post for sellers to review easily) and then a seller can tag me in their sales thread so I am aware they are selling an issue of Masters Comics. the wants would have to be somewhat generic, or as much work as the person who edits the list is willing to put up with. (or it can be quoted and edited that way perhaps) The first post would have the list of boardies wishing to be tagged and their interests, e.g. "SA Spider-Man" might have ten names under it but "GA giant hand covers" might have just my name there. (Yes I want giant hand covers.) Is that clear? Some FB groups have this, some abuse it and tag everyone but most respect it although few actually use it I think.

I think this is a good idea.  I am opposed to mass tagging in the announcement thread but, if it is done as you outlined above, I think it would be a hit.  

On 12/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, Bird said:

i think this is a great idea and would facilitate people getting a heads up when something is listed. It's a little like the WTB sub-forum (and maybe that's where it should live), but not limited to one person saying what they want. 

It would take some oversight potentially, since people are want to post rather than search (so more than the average number of mod requests to consolidative threads). So we'll get lots of people starting a AF15 Tag thread, rather than search for the existing tag thread and posting in it. 

Are you proposing someone would be responsible with consolidating and updating a master list for a particular tag (like someone comes by every now and then and adds the new posts to the overall post of names of people looking for "AF15" or would it just be a thread of people posting in a particular sub-thread, and the onus would be on the seller to compile the names from the thread to tag in his or her sales thread? 

35 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Are you proposing someone would be responsible with consolidating and updating a master list for a particular tag (like someone comes by every now and then and adds the new posts to the overall post of names of people looking for "AF15" or would it just be a thread of people posting in a particular sub-thread, and the onus would be on the seller to compile the names from the thread to tag in his or her sales thread? 

Yes.

(shrug)

A year ago I would have volunteered and kept it organized but not so much right now.

It would be possible to "quote post" and then add your name to the tag you want, or add your tags. Then the last post in the thread might be the up to date one.

On 11/18/2020 at 5:07 PM, adampasz said:

Fish slapping and seal humping are definitely allowed. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

I nominate you for post of the year.  :foryou:

I just about fell out of my chair.  lol

Edited by lizards2