• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

As long as we are complaining...

How about locking this thread?

There's nothing for sale, but it keeps getting bumped and has been on the first page for several days now. I have nothing against joking around, but a dead thread in the sales forum isn't the place. The real estate should be reserved for those running sales.

Just now, Pontoon said:

As long as we are complaining...

How about locking this thread?

There's nothing for sale, but it keeps getting bumped and has been on the first page for several days now. I have nothing against joking around, but a dead thread in the sales forum isn't the place. The real estate should be reserved for those running sales.

Done!

Is there already a thread somewhere for talking about books that are not hot, I mean dead and cold and nobody cares about anymore? I'm looking to change up my collecting focus and for new titles I can afford to collect... 

...any suggestions, serious or not, would be welcome... 

9 minutes ago, crassus said:

Is there already a thread somewhere for talking about books that are not hot, I mean dead and cold and nobody cares about anymore? I'm looking to change up my collecting focus and for new titles I can afford to collect... 

May I suggest, for your new-found drekian tendencies, this masterpiece, readily available in almost every single modern collection bought?

FishPolice.JPG

7 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Just track the stuff that I buy. I have the singlehanded ability to kill enthusiasm across the industry the moment I make a decision to make a purchase.

In that case let me point you and your purchasing power, like a guided missile, towards the following titles...

Fantastic Four

Incredible Hulk

X-Men

(I'll send you the rest of the list in an encrypted message) 

40 minutes ago, crassus said:

In that case let me point you and your purchasing power, like a guided missile, towards the following titles...

Fantastic Four

Incredible Hulk

X-Men

(I'll send you the rest of the list in an encrypted message) 

Sorry, according to every single thread on these boards, Marvel books are only allowed to be purchased by billionaires and with bitcoin. 

54 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Just track the stuff that I buy. I have the singlehanded ability to kill enthusiasm across the industry the moment I make a decision to make a purchase.

Same here...I'll let you guys know when I pick up a hulk 180 for that will be the time to sell all your Marvel books...

12 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Sorry, according to every single thread on these boards, Marvel books are only allowed to be purchased by billionaires and with bitcoin. 

If this means I have to start collecting DC than I'm out....

3 hours ago, crassus said:

:whistle:20210411_233021.thumb.jpg.d87f14fe8f91f24c908cb9f4ce9c72b0.jpg

So in putting together a list of comic titles/genres that nobody cares about are still reasonably priced and accessible for collector's on a budget I've got so far....

Photo Romance Covers (especially ones featuring blushing brides or happily married couples) (because that's believable, right?)

Funny Animals or Funny Kids having innocent fun 

Photo Movie Covers (especially ones featuring goofy kids or happy families) 

Photo TV Covers (unless they include guns or hot chicks possibly also with guns)

Marvel humour titles (and really anything humourous that does not involve Betty and Veronica)

Marvel C and D list heroes (Human Fly, Omega) 

Most DC heroes invented after the Golden Age

Let me know if I'm missing anything, I'm anxious to get started on my next collecting adventure 

6 minutes ago, crassus said:

So in putting together a list of comic titles/genres that nobody cares about are still reasonably priced and accessible for collector's on a budget I've got so far....

Photo Romance Covers (especially ones featuring blushing brides or happily married couples) (because that's believable, right?)

Photo TV Covers (unless they include guns or hot chicks possibly also with guns)

Marvel humour titles (and really anything humourous that does not involve Betty and Veronica)

Let me know if I'm missing anything, I'm anxious to get started on my next collecting adventure 

I think war and western comics from any of the big three (Marvel/DC/Charlton) are still very affordable when compared to the comics they shared the spinner rack with!

26 minutes ago, crassus said:

Stay away from DCs and Katy Keene, they have bad vibes;) 

:foryou:

3 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Dell, Gold Key and Charlton titles. There are some great stories, covers and art in titles like Turok, Magnus, Cheyenne Kid, etc.

Good point, in recent years I've picked up some hg Gold Keys in slabs with some of my favourite painted covers for less than the cost of a fast food lunch, how much longer that will last who knows, but I will enjoy it while it does... :wishluck:

...well maybe "fast food lunch" is a bit of an exaggeration, but not much of one :sumo: