• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, crassus said:

What is that...Son of Groot?

Never read it but the interweb describes it as "a collection of short stories...in the vein of the Vampirella and Heavy Metal Magazines from the '70s and '80s." Groot it ain't! 

bfb82c_f97d03efcb9f43dfa9354bfd73d6fd65~mv2.webp

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Grendel is an interesting case. Comic Primer 2 is considered a copper key, and is very pricey, and the three issue mini from Comico can be expensive. But the 40 issue Comico run and most of the DH run are common dollar bin drek, and they are a TREMEDOUS story, altogether. Such imagination, and lots of great artists as well.

:headbang:

On 2/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, thehumantorch said:

Sadly there are a lot of flippers and wheeler dealers in this hobby now and some have no real love or loyalty for the medium.  All they can see is dollar signs and they want to push prices higher and extract every last penny they can.  Sometimes I wish we could go back in time when prices weren't so high and this was a sleepy little hobby.

I feel this. I wasn't paying attention to comic pricing for a while and was more involved in original art. I come back and see what mid grade DD1s and x-men are going for and can't believe it. I even put wtb up over a year ago trying to get a X-men #1. Should have gone after it harder because that won't be happening now. Same for a few others. Can't do anything about it so just have to move on and hope prices go back into my range later on. 

7 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

Question-How long do you sellers wait for a personal check to clear on a 4-5 figure book?  Or is it always a cashiers check/ bank check/certified?

If it's a stranger, I'll wait until check has "cleared", if I know the buyer I'll often ship book(s) after I deposit the check, or sometimes even before I get to the bank.  But my larger sales, lately, have maxed out at a few thousand bucks, not amts over $10k.

18 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

Question-How long do you sellers wait for a personal check to clear on a 4-5 figure book?  Or is it always a cashiers check/ bank check/certified?

I've had holds on Bank Drafts that I sent. All forms of paper payments can be counterfitted ... even those postal money orders. My Bank will place a hold on a larger check automatically. I don't get many of those, however. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I'm bad at paperwork, and have gone back weeks after I bought something to jot down what I paid, and couldn't find the info, and for some reason in a couple of cases couldn't find the info in my PM or paypal history either.  Since I can't be bothered to keep lists of minor stuff, it's my handy reminder to shop elsewhere.  Most of the stuff I buy is very common and easily found elsewhere.  Think it stems from a general lack of trust or transparency (and I'm not claiming those are valid concerns, probably just me being emotional or tetchy).   Life's too short to sweat silly things so I just block out annoyances when I can.

Just a reminder

You cannot ASK for Personal Paypal for a purchase in a sales thread. Therefore, you cannot ASK for Personal PP in a PM once the person takes a book.

I've been asked twice lately, so after the 2nd time, 

I'm not sure if people KNOW you can't ask.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I like it better when people leave the sales prices up. Sometimes it's a sign of how a book I might own is doing so I use it for research, or if I miss a book I wanted, I'd have an idea of what the going rate would be...and I'm not sure why someone would erase them?

Me personally, I just replace the price with "sold" to avoid any confusion as to the book's availability.  Additionally, the list price may not be accurate if the book was sold over a pm.  No malice intended :foryou:

21 hours ago, grebal said:

So many people in SALES threads have been deleting their prices after item sells that I may have to stop blocking all the people who do that or there won't be any more threads for me to buy in.

Although I've made few buys and haven't been here long, I also noticed this practice, so when I do "take" something, I do it as a quote from the original book offer, which includes the price I paid.  I have purchased 80 books with all kinds of pricing (individuals, lots, etc) in one sales thread and there's no way I could keep it straight if I couldn't go back and look at the pricing.