• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

Not really.

No news from Brian (fable on the CGC board, and bolland_collector on eBay).

I hope nothing wrong happened to him.

I'm still waiting for my invoice for 5 CGC books i won on ebay.

No news from him since 10/20/2007. (shrug)

I've waited 3 weeks for some books from someone. Not an issue in itself really but i sent said person a PM yesterday regarding status which was read within a couple of hours. A day later and still no response. Now this person has had some problems in the past so it all makes me a little uneasy hm

Matt, I hope we are not talking a large dollar amount here.

Not really.

No news from Brian (fable on the CGC board, and bolland_collector on eBay).

I hope nothing wrong happened to him.

I'm still waiting for my invoice for 5 CGC books i won on ebay.

No news from him since 10/20/2007. (shrug)

You could try pulling his number from eBay and give him a call if he's not responding to e-mails? I do remember dealing with him once some time ago and it was a slow transaction.

man all these horror stories really make me only wanna buy from the few i have already bought from.

No, I just got a box of books from someone who was "set up" next to me at the VCC, and they are FANTASTIC, much nicer than expected, well packed, great communication... BadDeacon

I should go put all this on the Kudo's thread...and I will ...but ...I wouldn't lose faith in people, the people mentioned here are really far and few between, we just talk about them a lot.

Just wanted to comment on the above posts.

This board really is the best place to buy and sell on the Internet. Like Sharon said, the few bad ones are few and far between. We just talk them to death. (Not a bad thing.)

Where else do you have a built in support group (okay, we (I) drop the ball every once in a while, but we (I) do try to pick it back up) to congratulate you on a nice pick up or watch your back when a purchase/sale goes off track.

A lot of times we forget just how nice it really is to be able to talk to the buyer or seller of a book instead of just plucking one from some anonymous seller on the other end of cyberspace.

Besides, I challenge anyone to find another group of buyers and sellers with a higher standard of ethics (as a whole) than the ones who routinely buy and sell here.

Okay, enough of the sappy talk. Let's get back to business. :)

Couldn't agree more Doc. I think what I like most about the forums sales is that it takes the good from online sales (i.e. eBay) and that of the LCS (don't have to buy it over before figuring out what's wrong with it). Of course, it's not always perfect but it is better than "lucking one from some anonymous seller on the other end of cyberspace." The sellers I buy from are always helpful in providing scans and detailed grading notes about their books beforehand; it's a rare eBay seller that will do so. Plus, there's always some great conversations to be had in between sales!

To be fair though (since I know Sharon will correct me if I don't say so ;) ) there are some good eBay sellers out there. It's just the consistency is much better here :)

Just a general FYI to everyone......

When you post sales threads, type out what's for sale. If your images are hosted at photobucket (or any number of public hosting sites) then they are blocked at many places of employment.

If you type out what is for sale along with the grade, then people that can't see your image will still know what's for sale. If you don't do this then all some will be able to see is the price. This practice will increase the number of possible buyers.

Has anyone managed to come up with some kind of "Market Report" for the forum? What types/titles/genres are being sold more than others. Basically a Whats Hot and Whats Not sheet kind of like Ebays listing.

High Grade Bronze #1's and 1st appearances are ice cold. I am still, in the interest of this fine marketplace, willing to look at purchasing them.

When you post sales threads, type out what's for sale. If your images are hosted at photobucket (or any number of public hosting sites) then they are blocked at many places of employment.

If you type out what is for sale along with the grade, then people that can't see your image will still know what's for sale. If you don't do this then all some will be able to see is the price. This practice will increase the number of possible buyers.

It also helps out dial-up users to see what's for sale quickly.

:whistle:

It also helps out dial-up users to see what's for sale quickly.

Yeah, but how many do we know who actually use that ancient mess?