• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

Rules that have a point. Not rules just to have more rules.

I agree with that sentiment. However, "rules to have more rules" is an opinion and not one shared by everyone. It's subjective.

Should pics/scans be mandatory? I say no. Just be prepared to let the chips fall where they fall. The fact is, there are tons of people here that won't buy from a sales thread with no pics/scans and if you don't include them, you may lose sales

Do we need a poll? hm

But that is a sellers choice. If not including pics hurts the seller then so be it. Making a rule because someone believes it will make a seller better?

Make a seller better? No.

However, it does give the potential buyer more information and that's a good thing.

Make people earn their status here as a seller. Hold back those :takeit:from newer seller's if something doesn't seem right. :sumo:

Never going to happen.

That's why I support the implementation of very simple requirements to post a sales thread. Some combination of join date/post count. Along the lines of 2 months and 50 posts.

This idea always made sense to me. Heck, there is a post requirement to partake in the PIF thread.

But then that means that someone like "He whose name shall not be spoken" who creates 50 posts every hour would have been eligible to start selling after one day of posts and as soon as his time period was up.

A required join up date / post count just encourages the Long Con.

It discourages the short con which is the problem. If there are people doing the long con here, they'll do it regardless. I don't see how that encourages it.

:baiting: Your puny viewsonic. I got a Samsung 4k monitor in my office. New York owns Chicago once again

ooh, time to pull this gem out of the archives

thanosoffice1.gif

thanks to Flee Marquette

(worship)

no pics/ scans... no refund... no sale... sorry... there are a lot of good sellers on here... why waste the time and money?

^^ That's how I feel. Especially about the no pics part. It's like a blind man buying something. It's a no-brainer common sense thing.

You guys would have loved it in the mail order days 25+ years ago lol

However, I agree. The expectations have changed. There are a few high profile sellers I'd buy from sight unseen, but not many at all

no pics/ scans... no refund... no sale... sorry... there are a lot of good sellers on here... why waste the time and money?

^^ That's how I feel. Especially about the no pics part. It's like a blind man buying something. It's a no-brainer common sense thing.

However, I agree. The expectations have changed. There are a few high profile sellers I'd buy from sight unseen, but not many at all

True. I'd like to revise my previous statement and agree with you. But very very few. Names I can think of that I would, Junk Donkey, Vintage Comics, BeachBum, Gator, Chris.

I was always disappointed in the mail order days or the pre image hosting capabilities of the internet in the early to mid 90's. In fact I notice that since the ability to post pics of books online has come into play, a few people I know that were dealing back then have tightened up on their grading.

Some might say that CGC overhaul of what is NM in comparison to Mile High's / Overstreet standards may have changed the grading in the marketplace. I prefer to think it was the ability to present the actual product.

BTW - You have to hand it to Chuck who still lifts a middle finger to today's grading standards. He a rebel man... a rebel.

Personally, if I see a seller trying to sell a product on the internet with no pictures, I immediately know they are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and/or dishonest. Seems like common sense to me to have pictures, price and sale terms neatly laid out before even posting a thread.

That's unfair. Sure there are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and scammers out there but you can't assume everyone out there who doesn't post a pic is trying to pull a fast one.

Contrary to popular belief, there are still a LOT of people out there who are not tech savvy and while uploading a pic would seem basic, it isn't if you've never done it before.

Hell, there are people on this very board who have asked advice about how to create pics to put in their sig lines.

Personally, if I see a seller trying to sell a product on the internet with no pictures, I immediately know they are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and/or dishonest. Seems like common sense to me to have pictures, price and sale terms neatly laid out before even posting a thread.

That's unfair. Sure there are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and scammers out there but you can't assume everyone out there who doesn't post a pic is trying to pull a fast one.

Contrary to popular belief, there are still a LOT of people out there who are not tech savvy and while uploading a pic would seem basic, it isn't if you've never done it before.

Hell, there are people on this very board who have asked advice about how to create pics to put in their sig lines.

Leave Fingh Alone!!!!!

With your low post count you've already outted the seller just by saying what you've said here. Looks like it's a boardie who's been around for a while. I'm sure it will all get worked out, but he does note no returns in his thread...

The better forum for this discussion is the probation thread. Good luck!

Yes, you basically just outed him. As Yoddler said, give him a chance to fix it and if that doesn't work the discussion needs to be moved to the Probation thread. Do not post it in the actual sales threads.

Leave Fingh Alone!!!!!

There's a Boardie that regularly has sales threads who has never posted a picture. He's been here over a decade.

I like centered books. If a book has a miswrap I move on. Without pics, I'll never know, and if I'm dull enough to order from you without a pic, I will return it if it is miswrapped. I like centered books.

Dan