• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Not trolling at all. Only commenting on sales threads that I would be genuinely interested in purchasing.

Sorry if the people running them take offense to someone publicly saying what others potentially are thinking.

Not trolling at all. Only commenting on sales threads that I would be genuinely interested in purchasing.

Sorry if the people running them take offense to someone publicly saying what others potentially are thinking.

You still don't get it. You don't know as much as you think you do. I wrote a post to you in my sales thread. Go take a gander; maybe you'll learn something.

EDIT - My educational post got deleted when the mods removed the offending post :(

Edited by Red84

Only commenting on sales threads that I would be genuinely interested in purchasing.

You chose the name Wolvie1. Go buy Hulk 181s or something and leave the Tec 38s for me. :baiting::grin:

I completely disagree. As long as it is done politely, it is necessary even. This is not eBay, where there is no discussion, this is a forum, and as long as you're respectful, any comments on topic (i.e. from interested parties) should be allowed IMO.

If you want to question a person's price send him a PM.

A sales thread is not a discussion thread.

Is that in the forum rules? If not then, if something is extremely overpriced, and this is a forum, I personally would be happy if more people talked about pricing, to avoid people getting ripped off.

It is the essence of good manners that one is precisely NOT thinking out loud!

Only commenting on sales threads that I would be genuinely interested in purchasing.

You chose the name Wolvie1. Go buy Hulk 181s or something and leave the Tec 38s for me. :baiting::grin:

Thought about it.. I just don't like the way the cover represents wolverine that much to pay that much for it :)

It is also in the essense of good manners to not intentionally try to rip off people :)

It would help to acquaint yourself with the rules and customs of the forum instead of attempting to overrule them with your own.

Discussions with a seller over their item regarding price are best served in a respectful PM. That way you're treating them with the same respect in their space as you would want for yourself.

Thought about it.. I just don't like the way the cover represents wolverine that much to pay that much for it :)

When you get there, tell RMA I said hurry back. :whee:

Edited by I like pie

It is also in the essense of good manners to not intentionally try to rip off people :)

Your apples fell in with your oranges there.

There's NOTHING inherent about a high relative price, in a free market economy, that is a "rip off".

If you are speaking to undisclosed restoration, failure to disclose or incorrectly disclosing information that is entirely different than simply asking a high price.

People are free to ask what they want for what they own. They aren't free to misrepresent that item.

You're mixing your sources of indignation and you'll find it has the aroma of a sweaty scrote.

It would help to acquaint yourself with the rules and customs of the forum instead of attempting to overrule them with your own.

Discussions with a seller over their item regarding price are best served in a respectful PM. That way you're treating them with the same respect in their space as you would want for yourself.

Fair enough. And I do agree with that in most cases. However, when something is priced 200% above market value, then I have no qualms about posting about it publicly, unless the forum rules say that I shouldn't.

Anyways, I'll leave you guys to your discussion. I'm only here to look for good deals on comics.

That being said, I am happy to follow the rules of your forum, if non-discussion of pricing is in your rules.

I would take a step back, and take a deep breath.

It is also in the essence of good manners to try to understand the culture of a message board.

Fair enough. And I do agree with that in most cases. However, when something is priced 200% above market value, then I have no qualms about posting about it publicly, unless the forum rules say that I shouldn't.

Anyways, I'll leave you guys to your discussion. I'm only here to look for good deals on comics.

That being said, I am happy to follow the rules of your forum, if non-discussion of pricing is in your rules.

Just keep doing it and pile up the strikes so you'll be banned and we won't have to go through the inevitable FDQ you have brewing. :whee:

I didn't even notice that you're probably talking about my posts here.

Sorry if it has offended anyone. I thought that this was a forum where discussion was open.

Is it not?

42d746d4e9da0800f0f65dbd7f0be8a2.jpg

You're Late! :taptaptap:

Long day. :shy: