• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

love when someone sets the price on their book and says "that's what I have in it", but you see the sale in GPA (from less than a month ago) for $100 less... and there's no way shipping was $100... ;)

$20 postage from Heritage + $20 postage to you + $60 of anguish for having to sell so soon.

Appears to add up. hm

Maybe sales tax too? Don't know the book, so I can't calculate the %.

Huh.

I bought a Predator #3 9.4 for $120. If I was to try to sell at that price, would I garner the same ridicule?

I suppose I am not stupid enough to try to sell it now for that price, but maybe with the new movie coming out, there could be a TV show too?

Huh.

I bought a Predator #3 9.4 for $120. If I was to try to sell at that price, would I garner the same ridicule?

I suppose I am not stupid enough to try to sell it now for that price, but maybe with the new movie coming out, there could be a TV show too?

I think the point is that someone has allegedly falsely claimed that they are selling something for 'what they have into it'. Not the relative appropriateness of the price.

Huh.

I think the point is that someone has allegedly falsely claimed that they are selling something for 'what they have into it'. Not the relative appropriateness of the price.

Ahh ok. Just wondering if perhaps, maybe, in some instances someone has been fairly stupid and gone in too far and just wants their money back.

As unrealistic as it can be.

love when someone sets the price on their book and says "that's what I have in it", but you see the sale in GPA (from less than a month ago) for $100 less... and there's no way shipping was $100... ;)

Maybe he's anticipating having to sell the book for 30% of value to a "pawn not pawn/loan not loan" operation whose seed has been planted in the "dealers/ebay listing" room, and he's trying to set the bar as high as possible before he allows that guy to "help him out".

Be nice! (tsk) He is only offering the high percentage that he is in order to help other boardies out. He could be offering 10% you know!

Maybe he's anticipating having to sell the book for 30% of value to a "pawn not pawn/loan not loan" operation whose seed has been planted in the "dealers/ebay listing" room, and he's trying to set the bar as high as possible before he allows that guy to "help him out".

Be nice! (tsk) He is only offering the high percentage that he is in order to help other boardies out. He could be offering 10% you know!

Some people see a boardie in financial trouble as a cause for concern.

Others see it as an opportunity for personal gain.

Huh.

Ahh ok. Just wondering if perhaps, maybe, in some instances someone has been fairly stupid and gone in too far and just wants their money back.

point is... you buy a book for $200, then when you try to sell it the next moth you list it for $350, and then drop the price to $300 and say "that's as low as I can go cause that's what I have in it" is bs... unless you paid crazy shipping and you calculated holding costs, and rented it it's own storage locker to have by itself.

Just price it at what you want to get.. you dont have to make up.

Huh.

point is... you buy a book for $200, then when you try to sell it the next moth you list it for $350, and then drop the price to $300 and say "that's as low as I can go cause that's what I have in it" is bs... unless you paid crazy shipping and you calculated holding costs, and rented it it's own storage locker to have by itself.

Just price it at what you want to get.. you dont have to make up.

With those numbers, yeah. comix4fun raises an interesting point about sales tax, though. Say it was a $2,000 book bought off HA by someone living in Texas. Could put a significant wedge between what the buyer paid and what's shown on GPA.

What someone has into a book has nothing to do with its current value. People seem to forget that.

Well, in this case, it was a recent sale and the "what I have into it" a salient point to the seller. I am not sure either side of this got into the market value part of it, just what constitutes "into it".

Wait, that came out dirty.

I think you and Chris should go to your rooms and ...

Ummmm...never mind;)

I'm going to go back and watch Marvel Agents of Shield again and see if I can figure out who is in charge;)

If it's the Android, I'll see if she's willing to travel;)

What someone has into a book has nothing to do with its current value. People seem to forget that.

This.

If you want to move it, you might have to take a loss. If it's that important to you, put it back in your boxes and wait. I'm really not concerned what other people have in the book, just what I want to put into it.

Hi - first post, just got my first lot back from CGC.

Assuming many of you guys have had books graded to list for sale online. I am a long-time eBay seller, but have never sold CGC books before. I am going to sell these and after looking at other CGC listings I have a general idea of what to include, but any specific tips as to what buyers like to see?

I can always change listing after it's launched, but I'd prefer to go in with best practices already sorted out.

Thanks in advance!

Assuming many of you guys have had books graded to list for sale online. I am a long-time eBay seller, but have never sold CGC books before. I am going to sell these and after looking at other CGC listings I have a general idea of what to include, but any specific tips as to what buyers like to see?

I can always change listing after it's launched, but I'd prefer to go in with best practices already sorted out.

Thanks in advance!

Front back scans, reasonable shipping, return policy. Go that extra mile shipping method by not skimping on packing materials. They'll love you long time

Thanks in advance!

Front back scans, reasonable shipping, return policy. Go that extra mile shipping method by not skimping on packing materials. They'll love you long time

back scans arent always necessary... Selling a batch of modern 9.4-9.8s... no one is going to ask about back cover scans.

Selling four figure mid grade GA books? yeah back cover scans...

Thanks in advance!

back scans arent always necessary... Selling a batch of modern 9.4-9.8s... no one is going to ask about back cover scans.

Selling four figure mid grade GA books? yeah back cover scans...

Scan both sides. You will be asked for them if you don't include them. 2c