• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

The original poster deleted the opening of the thread, as he has deleted his PMs to me.

i know enough to conclude i won't buy from him or sell to him, and if not for the fact i like being able to say mitch is the only boardie i've ever put on ignore, i'd put him on ignore.

I think I saw $800 but can't swear to it

Yep, $800.

That's what I saw, too...which makes me curious why everyone thinks that was such a smoking deal, anyway. As soon as OP listed the book (before the take its and drama started), I glanced at GPA just for the heck of it, and saw a 2013 GPA sale for that book @ $450, and a 2012 sale on a 7.5 for $158. I thought...dang, he's pricing that pretty aggressively...he probably thought so too, until he (I guess) got a better offer :P

As a side point of curiosity...something happen in the last 3 years that would double the price of that book?

That does seem odd and I have no idea what that book is worth.

I bought a copy of Spider-man 1 on ebay few years ago vg/fine looked to be a 0 feedback guy won the book for 200. I got e-mail from him saying he could not find the book it really :makepoint: me off. I got an ebay 2nd offer saying i will take the 1000 you offered please send payment to........................ Thats when i started drinking. ComCav with you 99% the lawyer thing to bring up is the -1% i dont like . I understand sorry but money makes people do :tonofbricks:things.

The original poster deleted the opening of the thread, as he has deleted his PMs to me.

i know enough to conclude i won't buy from him or sell to him, and if not for the fact i like being able to say mitch is the only boardie i've ever put on ignore, i'd put him on ignore.

With great respect to all the boardies who made comments here, among you beloved friends, Billy's comments are the ones that hit the mark most clearly and unambiguously for me.

Keep going like this my boy, and one day you could be a lawyer!

BTW Mitch has been saying some really nice things about you lately.

With great respect to all the boardies who made comments here, among you beloved friends, Billy's comments are the ones that hit the mark most clearly and unambiguously for me.

I'm sure his firm hopes so, too. :D

I'm sure his firm hopes so, too. :D

Well I never said he was firm.

Toned, maybe.

Mr. P:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but is there not a good-faith time to cancel a business transaction? I know that's the case when I buy a car.

You may be right and I apologize if that is the case but as soon as I hear that lawyers may be involved it just boils my blood.

believe it or not, we occasionally are good for something.

if seller backed out for a bigger offer, there is no dispute here at all--seller is dead wrong.

mea culpa: A few years ago on these very boards, I sold a CGC 6.5 ASM1 to my first responder at below the asking price. Not 5 minutes after I'd agreed to that offer, I got a much better offer. I didn't take it because I'd already agreed to sell to the first boardie. I lost some money on the deal, but I kept my self-respect...

Mr. P:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but is there not a good-faith time to cancel a business transaction? I know that's the case when I buy a car.

You may be right and I apologize if that is the case but as soon as I hear that lawyers may be involved it just boils my blood.

believe it or not, we occasionally are good for something.

if seller backed out for a bigger offer, there is no dispute here at all--seller is dead wrong.

Not here.

Sorry but I think y'all need to go home and beat your dog, such anger and pitchforks

Seriously have any of you never had a deal fall apart in some way? Have you been collecting for 2 months ?

I've had plenty and the world moved on. Just don't understand the rage here...

I've had nice Pm's with comic cav who I had no contact with before this but would anyone sell to someone who leads with lawyers at the first problem?

No idea about the OP seller, if he has sold before or is a good guy, he says has a valid reason , maybe he does

Probably both reasonable good people...stuff happens.

This is a comic book, a cheap one at that

Chill the f out people

You read far more about buyers who back out, got to figure sellers will from time to time to. I know I have, feel bad about it but was my book and I changed my mind. Never buy from Doc Joe again and don't sell to him either...yeah, that didn't happen.

Peace to everyone, oh wait...CGC boards...pitchforks, pitchforks...

Earlier one poster threatened assault , that's some rage

Blocking people, probe list etc etc

People can have their take on it, I've worked in management positions and I can't throw people - either party under the bus - for a single infraction

Each to his own

As I said if this is the first time you have seen a deal fall apart then welcome to comic books

Hope it gets worked out one way or another, frankly I don't think people need to give a reason, I just assume they don't want to to the deal...it's happened to me plenty of time, I just move on

Like I say, no beef with either party