• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2017 at 2:59 PM, shadroch said:

Is this the place to rant?

Several weeks ago, I put up an offer for some free magazines. They weren't comic related, but they were sports, which has a crossover market here.

No one objected or notified either the mods or myself about it. Earlier this week, someone evidently responded to the offer and only then did someone notify the mods. Bottom line is the thread was removed., so I don't know who it was that wanted them.

If that person PMs me, we'll handle the transaction in private.

I'd also ask that the person who notified the mods id themselves so I can be sure never to do business with them again. Are you really so anal as to stop a fellow board member from getting free stuff just because it doesn't meet the criteria for selling something?

Good luck with that. As much as you and a bunch of others including myself would like to know who did it, there's little chance the coward will come forth.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

Howdy, folks...

Quick question... I'm not really an OA collector, but acquired a page from a Bronze FF.  I want to have some fun with it and conduct an auction... should I do that in the mixed section?  Outside of the sales forum and in the Magazine section?  

Any advice is appreciated...  I should be starting some more comic sales threads soon too, fyi.

So, I understand that the mods might also be involved in keeping the new format here running smoothly, but is thread crapping a sales thread something that gets a pass now?

There was this gem from a few days ago (and another similar post by the same new poster further down in the thread -- I'm sure this guy will go far here :facepalm: ).   It's pretty much been well established that commenting negatively in any way about a person's asking price in their sales thread is unacceptable conduct (and can even lead to getting a strike), yet those posts are still sitting there, even though they were both reported to the mods (I know they were -- I reported them myself :facepalm:).  

Did I miss something here? ???

17 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

So, I understand that the mods might also be involved in keeping the new format here running smoothly, but is thread crapping a sales thread something that gets a pass now?

There was this gem from a few days ago (and another similar post by the same new poster further down in the thread -- I'm sure this guy will go far here :facepalm: ).   It's pretty much been well established that commenting negatively in any way about a person's asking price in their sales thread is unacceptable conduct (and can even lead to getting a strike), yet those posts are still sitting there, even though they were both reported to the mods (I know they were -- I reported them myself :facepalm:).  

Unacceptable. And a banner start for a newbie as well. Strike 'em up!

Alright, hoping people here might be able to give me some insight into a situation with a seller here.  Seller "Strange Paper" (who was Weird Paper at the time) starts up a sales thread in the Golden/Silver/Bronze section on 4/17. He states the usual selling stuff and posts books for sale. I post I'll take 2 books on 4/19.   He continues to post books for sale in the thread (which he has continued to do as of yesterday). I get a message later that day on 4/19  giving me total payment information. I was flying out of town  that night so didn't get a chance to respond. I get another message on 4/20 from Strange Paper checking on the message and telling me that he needs my e-mail address  to invoice me. He also tells me that he will be posting more inventory on the forum.

I misread e-mail address to be address, which is what I replied to him with initially. He comes back asking method of payment. Then comes back a bit later with sending $27 to paypal and gives me the account ID to make payement to. (remember I'm out of town now and I'm sporadically checking in on the forum but not frequently). So I don't respond and get another message on 4/21 that states "It appears we're spending more time going back and forth.  I'd like to complete this transaction and get the comics in the mail to you." I respond back that I was going to pay via paypal and that since he's continuing to post comics I'd like to wait as there possibly will be something else I want. I let him know I'm sporadically checking the forum as I'm traveling. I also state "Anyways, if you want me to pay immediately then I will but like I said.. there may be other books that I want from your sales thread so I'd like to wait and see if that's ok? "

Strange Paper responds back with "no rush" and to "please continue to look over what I'm posting. I'm not done posting for at least another week". He leaves it with we'll catch up next week to see where we're at. Remember this was on Friday 4/21.

On 4/24 Monday, I get message stating "Doesn't look like more orders will be coming in any time soon.  Let's finalize our transaction. Send me your email so I can send a final invoice. "

I wasn't on the forums for that Monday or Tuesday, so I admit I didn't respond at that time.  I get another message on Wednesday 4/26 about closing this out.  I respond with this "Let's close this and I won't get anything else from your postings.  Your assumption that I wasn't buying anything else has really left me feeling very cold about this whole transaction. "

To which I get the response of

"My initial message to you was April 19th. I have no idea where you are assuming I'm assuming. Really? Don...I can post from now until next week...if there isn't any activity...then am I supposed to let this transaction just lie in limbo?

I'm not assuming. I'm hoping. But then you haven't inquired about anything in my inventory so I'm going to "assume" you just want to examine what I put up and decide whether it's for you or not. Well...that can take some time because I have a lot of comics still waiting to be placed in queue.

If you decide to come back I would appreciate it. Thank you for your candidness and purchase. I will send an invoice shortly."

I respond back on Thursday 4/27 stating that sellers usually invoice when they're done with sales threads, I had asked to wait and because I hadn't jumped at anything didn't mean I wouldn't be interested in books he would be posting. I told him that I felt pressured to finish the deal but if he's invoiced me, I would get the books paid for.  He comes back and tells me that he's planning on posting 200 books which would take several weeks, and makes a comment about waiting a month for payment being fine for some. Tells me that I'm welcome to purchase more books and that he was under the impression that "what I was continuously posting wasn't what you're looking to purchase. My mistake". Then he goes on to state " Ignore the Paypal invoice. I'll send these out to you at no charge. " I honestly don't know how to respond to this and let it simmer for a bit.. because I never asked him to do this.

So.. Yesterday comes and I get this message from Strange Paper in the morning:"Comics are in the mail. It would have been nice to have been paid but I felt you wanted these at no cost, therefore you decided to complain. My loss. I will remember you on the next transaction."

I tell him that I didn't ask for these at no cost. I wanted to wait until he was done posting in the sales thread for invoicing.   He tells me that the invoice was sent.  But I'm confused as he stated that he was sending them out at no charge. I tell him I'm confused, to which Strange Paper replies "I felt forced to give these to you for free. "

I tell him that I'm not sure why he felt "forced" to do this. I then told him that I would be bringing it to the discussion forum as I'm confused and this whole transaction is making me very uneasy. He responded back asking me if that was a threat and then responded telling me he wasn't sure what my "true intentions" were and then told me to do what "you feel is necessary".

So here we are and I would appreciate any insight into this. Am I wrong? Out of line? Did I somehow force him to send me books for free? (which I have stated I will send back as I did not ask for them to be sent to me for free).  Anyone want to give me some insight here as I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Don

2 hours ago, oceans11 said:

Alright, hoping people here might be able to give me some insight into a situation with a seller here.  Seller "Strange Paper" (who was Weird Paper at the time) starts up a sales thread in the Golden/Silver/Bronze section on 4/17. He states the usual selling stuff and posts books for sale. I post I'll take 2 books on 4/19.   He continues to post books for sale in the thread (which he has continued to do as of yesterday). I get a message later that day on 4/19  giving me total payment information. I was flying out of town  that night so didn't get a chance to respond. I get another message on 4/20 from Strange Paper checking on the message and telling me that he needs my e-mail address  to invoice me. He also tells me that he will be posting more inventory on the forum.

I misread e-mail address to be address, which is what I replied to him with initially. He comes back asking method of payment. Then comes back a bit later with sending $27 to paypal and gives me the account ID to make payement to. (remember I'm out of town now and I'm sporadically checking in on the forum but not frequently). So I don't respond and get another message on 4/21 that states "It appears we're spending more time going back and forth.  I'd like to complete this transaction and get the comics in the mail to you." I respond back that I was going to pay via paypal and that since he's continuing to post comics I'd like to wait as there possibly will be something else I want. I let him know I'm sporadically checking the forum as I'm traveling. I also state "Anyways, if you want me to pay immediately then I will but like I said.. there may be other books that I want from your sales thread so I'd like to wait and see if that's ok? "

Strange Paper responds back with "no rush" and to "please continue to look over what I'm posting. I'm not done posting for at least another week". He leaves it with we'll catch up next week to see where we're at. Remember this was on Friday 4/21.

On 4/24 Monday, I get message stating "Doesn't look like more orders will be coming in any time soon.  Let's finalize our transaction. Send me your email so I can send a final invoice. "

I wasn't on the forums for that Monday or Tuesday, so I admit I didn't respond at that time.  I get another message on Wednesday 4/26 about closing this out.  I respond with this "Let's close this and I won't get anything else from your postings.  Your assumption that I wasn't buying anything else has really left me feeling very cold about this whole transaction. "

To which I get the response of

"My initial message to you was April 19th. I have no idea where you are assuming I'm assuming. Really? Don...I can post from now until next week...if there isn't any activity...then am I supposed to let this transaction just lie in limbo?

I'm not assuming. I'm hoping. But then you haven't inquired about anything in my inventory so I'm going to "assume" you just want to examine what I put up and decide whether it's for you or not. Well...that can take some time because I have a lot of comics still waiting to be placed in queue.

If you decide to come back I would appreciate it. Thank you for your candidness and purchase. I will send an invoice shortly."

I respond back on Thursday 4/27 stating that sellers usually invoice when they're done with sales threads, I had asked to wait and because I hadn't jumped at anything didn't mean I wouldn't be interested in books he would be posting. I told him that I felt pressured to finish the deal but if he's invoiced me, I would get the books paid for.  He comes back and tells me that he's planning on posting 200 books which would take several weeks, and makes a comment about waiting a month for payment being fine for some. Tells me that I'm welcome to purchase more books and that he was under the impression that "what I was continuously posting wasn't what you're looking to purchase. My mistake". Then he goes on to state " Ignore the Paypal invoice. I'll send these out to you at no charge. " I honestly don't know how to respond to this and let it simmer for a bit.. because I never asked him to do this.

So.. Yesterday comes and I get this message from Strange Paper in the morning:"Comics are in the mail. It would have been nice to have been paid but I felt you wanted these at no cost, therefore you decided to complain. My loss. I will remember you on the next transaction."

I tell him that I didn't ask for these at no cost. I wanted to wait until he was done posting in the sales thread for invoicing.   He tells me that the invoice was sent.  But I'm confused as he stated that he was sending them out at no charge. I tell him I'm confused, to which Strange Paper replies "I felt forced to give these to you for free. "

I tell him that I'm not sure why he felt "forced" to do this. I then told him that I would be bringing it to the discussion forum as I'm confused and this whole transaction is making me very uneasy. He responded back asking me if that was a threat and then responded telling me he wasn't sure what my "true intentions" were and then told me to do what "you feel is necessary".

So here we are and I would appreciate any insight into this. Am I wrong? Out of line? Did I somehow force him to send me books for free? (which I have stated I will send back as I did not ask for them to be sent to me for free).  Anyone want to give me some insight here as I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Don

Just pay him for the books & shipping using the invoice he sent you. :facepalm:

I don't know why he sent them out without awaiting payment either but he clearly took your statement to heart & your statement reads: "Let's close this and I won't get anything else from your postings.  Your assumption that I wasn't buying anything else has really left me feeling very cold about this whole transaction. "
So he probably took the second part as a threat to not follow through on what you'd purchased & an expression of dissatisfaction overall.... but regardless of his assumptions...his actions are clear & based on what you wrote above, there's really no reason for you to not pay for the stuff you claimed.  

Edited by bababooey

On 4/30/2017 at 3:00 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

"Final drop $3600shipped non fee payment method

non fee payment method $3750 paypal shipped"

Non fee method?  

14 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I don't know why he sent them out without awaiting payment either but he clearly took your statement to heart & your statement reads: "Let's close this and I won't get anything else from your postings.  Your assumption that I wasn't buying anything else has really left me feeling very cold about this whole transaction. "
So he probably took the second part as a threat to not follow through on what you'd purchased & an expression of dissatisfaction overall.... but regardless of his assumptions...his actions are clear & based on what you wrote above, there's really no reason for you to not pay for the stuff you claimed.  

Agreed, there's clearly a misunderstanding in the communications.  Pay the man.

5 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:
15 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I was wondering if it was a thinly veiled request for personal paypal but you're right, could be check or money order.

Your first instinct could be correct as well.

Sounds like it,intentional or not.

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

I'm not saying I won't pay him cause I will... But .. Why send me books when I haven't paid yet? And send them, and  tell me that you're sending them free? I'm confused. I mean if he was complaining about me not paying then different story. But this I felt forced to send them for free? I don't understand that at all. 

If if he was worried I wouldn't follow through on my purchase then really .. Why send them out ? My feedback and length of time here should speak for itself as if I made it a habit of not paying for my purchases, I wouldn't be here anymore. (Or would have hit the probation list, which I have never been on).  But hey ... No one seems to be able to explain this one to me.

4 hours ago, oceans11 said:

I'm not saying I won't pay him cause I will... But .. Why send me books when I haven't paid yet? And send them, and  tell me that you're sending them free? I'm confused. I mean if he was complaining about me not paying then different story. But this I felt forced to send them for free? I don't understand that at all. 

If if he was worried I wouldn't follow through on my purchase then really .. Why send them out ? My feedback and length of time here should speak for itself as if I made it a habit of not paying for my purchases, I wouldn't be here anymore. (Or would have hit the probation list, which I have never been on).  But hey ... No one seems to be able to explain this one to me.

why try to figure it out, pay him and be done with it. Or send them back when they arrive and end the order if it bothers you that much. It is not worth wracking your brain, just move on.

10 hours ago, Pitboss said:

Sounds like it,intentional or not.

It absolutely is, he specifically says non fee method paypal. The only non fee method of paypal I know of is personal.