• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, TomDehnert said:

what is gpa ? 

http://comics.gpanalysis.com

Basically an aggregate site that collects results of CGC books sold at different auction houses/websites, and provides average pricing over time.  Very helpful tool for people that buy graded comics, but shouldn't necessarily be used as the end all of value assignment.

Thanks for the info guys i usually only buy comics on occasion i will buy a lot and sell the books i dont want but typically i just look at ebay for past sales. Are there any other places a person could look for purchasing comics besides here and ebay that you guys might recommend. Appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

4 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

http://comics.gpanalysis.com

Basically an aggregate site that collects results of CGC books sold at different auction houses/websites, and provides average pricing over time.  Very helpful tool for people that buy graded comics, but shouldn't necessarily be used as the end all of value assignment.

Exactly!  Although it is often used by would-be sellers that watch and wait for an outlier (high) sale to occur so that they then can quote the last GPA sale as support for their over-priced book.

As someone that just ran a mixed sales thread over the past weekend (and who has bought a few books recently too), I'll add to the conversation....

I sold Gold, Silver and Bronze age books (no takers on any of my copper), so people are buying.

As others have said, price is the driving factor.   If you have things priced well, it will sell.  Of the 5 sales I made (4 were posted in the thread and another was done via PM talks), 3 were at full ask and 2 were "negotiated".   So, if you are not making offers, you may be missing out on items.  What's the worst that can happen? The seller tells you no or counters.  That said, I understand the whole "lowball" thing too (luckily, I didn't have to deal with that this time around). 

1 hour ago, KPR Comics said:

Exactly!  Although it is often used by would-be sellers that watch and wait for an outlier (high) sale to occur so that they then can quote the last GPA sale as support for their over-priced book.

Or a buyer waiting for an outlier low sale to convince you that your book is tanking, and you should probably sell it at 50% of value. :whee: 

I want to blow out a few boxes of modern( post 2000) stuff. Everything was read once and bagged and boarded, in some cases in mylite2s.  I got them in trade for some SA Batbooks. Don't want to scan hundreds of books, so my question is if I price them at $1 each, can I expect them to move?

Its stuff like New Avengers, Dark Avengers, New 52, X-Men,  and so on. Right now just Marvel and DC.

Is $1 a book realistic or optimistic?   Thanks.

On 9/6/2017 at 2:32 PM, chrisco37 said:

As someone that just ran a mixed sales thread over the past weekend (and who has bought a few books recently too), I'll add to the conversation....

I sold Gold, Silver and Bronze age books (no takers on any of my copper), so people are buying.

As others have said, price is the driving factor.   If you have things priced well, it will sell.  Of the 5 sales I made (4 were posted in the thread and another was done via PM talks), 3 were at full ask and 2 were "negotiated".   So, if you are not making offers, you may be missing out on items.  What's the worst that can happen? The seller tells you no or counters.  That said, I understand the whole "lowball" thing too (luckily, I didn't have to deal with that this time around). 

In my sales in the last month or so, I only get a bite if I have a bottom basement price.  And I don't get nearly as many offers as I used to, if at all.  So in my experience, it feels like sales are down.

2 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

In my sales in the last month or so, I only get a bite if I have a bottom basement price.  And I don't get nearly as many offers as I used to, if at all.  So in my experience, it feels like sales are down.

:gossip:Because you won't ship outside of the US.

2 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

I hear you! Sucks, but that is a lot of buyers on the boards.

Seems like international shipping is high these days as well.  If I do get an offer from say someone in Canada, I get a shipping quote and its really high, and they bail. 

Edited by StingerMcK

On 9/13/2017 at 10:46 PM, NP_Gresham said:

If your priority is hitting the bong and disappearing  

Maybe you could not call your sales thread an 'emergency"

Bought off him once.  I did get the books but it took a while and it was stressful.  A lot of excuses that didn't  make any sense.