• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I keep throwing around the thought of putting together a sales thread and then I look at the current sales threads and they all look to be Closed down or nothing is selling.  Other then Golden Age books - is anything selling?

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I keep throwing around the thought of putting together a sales thread and then I look at the current sales threads and they all look to be Closed down or nothing is selling.  Other then Golden Age books - is anything selling?

Very low moment…
Personally I have been looking just for sporadical GA books as I "wrapped up" my Marvel purchases (with small exceptions).

13 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Very low moment…
Personally I have been looking just for sporadical GA books as I "wrapped up" my Marvel purchases (with small exceptions).

I may put something together at the end of the year after seeing how sales go at the Con next month.  Just does not seem to be enough buyers in the sales threads to muster the energy or take stuff off of E-Bay which is a first.

45 minutes ago, vaillant said:

That negative experience on eBay has deprived me of the enthusiasm to try and list stuff… :(

Don't blame you.  I can't imagine selling books when 90% of your buyers would be International shipping.  So many headaches just to move a short box of books.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Don't blame you.  I can't imagine selling books when 90% of your buyers would be International shipping.  So many headaches just to move a short box of books.

Yeah… I’ll probably ask you some advice. :D
P.S. No, not 90%, I’d say most of my purchases were within Europe or even from Russia and unexpected places, so it’s cool.
But when a cheap book does not arrive in USA… :ohnoez:

On 7/17/2017 at 9:42 AM, 1Cool said:

Grade properly, price fairly, with good scans... it will sell!  

I refuse to pay over fair market value for poorly graded books.  Not to mention, a lot of sellers are refusing to ship outside the US... rantrant

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

This place is looking more and more like eBay 

I don't disagree but how so?  The sales threads have been stop over points for awhile now but I'm wondering if you mean in other ways.

On July 17, 2017 at 11:42 AM, 1Cool said:

Copper. I have experienced the most action with higher grade fairly priced copper such as Carnage keys, X-Force keys, Spawn etc. I've also observed the GA action but haven't offered Anything of the sort that's selling.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I got a 10 percent back CGC bucks coupon yesterday

Wow - you still buy that much stuff on the boards??  I have not bought much of anything in awhile.

13 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Interesting terms over in modern...

Payments via Paypal only. Buyer to add 4% to cover paypal fees.

Wow. That term is just stupid. If PayPal is the only form of payment than he

should have just incorporated the 4% into his asking price.