• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, Point Five said:

I've occasionally run a google search for a super scarce GA book, hoping against hope to find a copy somewhere, and found that the only hit that comes up is....... me, selling that book on the boards for peanuts five years ago.  :facepalm:

:sorry:

..we should start a Club. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/8/2018 at 4:36 PM, CCComics said:
  1. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

Ive been wondering about this rule, yet I see alot of single book (or 2) threads and when its sold (and sometimes even when its not sold), another thread is started. There have been times where I have seen 2 or 3 threads from the same seller on the front page. 

This seems to be a fairly recent trend on the boards. Start a sales thread. End/close it in a couple or few days and then almost immediately start up a new thread. While this technique doesn't violate the no spamming rule it does insure that you will have two or more sales threads on the front page. Another sorta loophole that could be exploited.

Edited by Jerkfro

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I can only imagine what eBay is like for Lee SS. 

And yeah, not really classy.

its good to know what sort of markup people think death equates to (in this case 300%)

and yeah there were 2250 Cgc SS stan lee listings as of a couple of hours ago...

14 hours ago, miraclemet said:

wow ,made it 5 whole hours before someone...

13 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I can only imagine what eBay is like for Lee SS. 

And yeah, not really classy.

Thankfully, this isn't Ebay.  Sellers here should be held to a much higher standard.  This thread and the probation forum helps to accomplish that.  

15 hours ago, miraclemet said:

and yeah there were 2250 Cgc SS stan lee listings as of a couple of hours ago...

as of noon there are now 2630+ CGC SS Stan Lee listings. 

strangely enough only 290 auctions. Lots of BINs ending in ##99.99, which just stinks of consumerism/opportunism.