• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, comicdonna said:
13 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Oh that’s cool, was wondering why I only saw the 1 ridiculous test post I made 2 years ago!

The forum shows no posts for me.  I might have to post something to fill that void.  lol

Get practicin' on that strikethrough.....noob

2 hours ago, telerites said:
5 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I never tire seeing Landru - he knows all and sees all - his will is indomitable  (worship)

Blessed be the Body, and health to all of its parts. 

6 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

4 hours ago, telerites said:

I never tire seeing Landru - he knows all and sees all - his will is indomitable  (worship)

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

Blessed be the Body, and health to all of its parts. 

That is the will of Landru!

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, comicdonna said:
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:00 PM, MustEatBrains said:

Not unseen but a place to test...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/11-testing-1-2-3/

I believe the new testing area is unseen.  

Now you tell me.

I used to practice or test a post by editing one of my older posts, since editing an old post doesn't bump the thread to top, and nobody would see a weeks old reply dozens of pages back no matter how many changes I made.

7 minutes ago, grebal said:

Now you tell me.

I used to practice or test a post by editing one of my older posts, since editing an old post doesn't bump the thread to top, and nobody would see a weeks old reply dozens of pages back no matter how many changes I made.

My fault, sorry :eek:

1 hour ago, grebal said:

Now you tell me.

I used to send myself a PM.  :shy:

12 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I used to send myself a PM.  :shy:

Me too, but I never got a reply. Even I've got me on ignore :sorry:

"I'm sorry, but DR X can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message, and he'll call you right back"

On the topic of people committed to time payments continuing to make purchases, I agree with those who say that as long as the time payment schedule is being met, then whatever else goes, goes. Usually.

I can think of an example--and I'm headed into heresay with this--of someone making repeated large purchases, asking for time payments after throwing the take it, and leaving a string of other people waiting on time payments. Once that becomes habitual, I think it's an issue. But it's also the kind of thing where word gets around and people will stop doing business with that person.

Myself, time payments make me antsy because I want to keep buying other stuff, and I'm self-conscious about owing someone. So usually, I end up selling some stuff to make the payment early so I can keep indulging. I'm not proud of this, but at least I'm among people who can empathize. And hey, I'm not buying on credit so there's that. :| 

3 hours ago, Red84 said:

@Architecht

Doesn't this forum require users to be a minimum of 18 years old? Especially considering the ability to buy or sell in the selling forum.

A recent PL nomination brings this issue to the forefront.

It's 16 but I have no idea how a minimum age would ever be verified.

"3. Your Responsibilities and Registration Obligations.

In order to use this web site, you must register on our site, agree to provide truthful information when requested, and be at least the age of sixteen (16) or older. When registering, you explicitly agree to our Terms of Use and as may be modified by us from time to time and available here."

From the CGC Chat Boards Terms of Use and Rules

Edited by telerites

6 hours ago, telerites said:

It's 16 but I have no idea how a minimum age would ever be verified.

"3. Your Responsibilities and Registration Obligations.

In order to use this web site, you must register on our site, agree to provide truthful information when requested, and be at least the age of sixteen (16) or older. When registering, you explicitly agree to our Terms of Use and as may be modified by us from time to time and available here."

From the CGC Chat Boards Terms of Use and Rules

Good to know. 

I will add a rule to my future sales threads. 

“Must be at least 18 to purchase any books in this thread.”

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

Good to know. 

I will add a rule to my future sales threads. 

“Must be at least 18 to purchase any books in this thread.”

If I am not mistaken, it used to be 15 so we made some progress.  

Just curious, how will you verify they are 18?

And if the board rules say 16 on a site that CGC allows us to use and sell books at no cost, I am not sure that stipulation would fly.

Not trying to be derisive nor dissuasive, just throwing out some considerations.  

38 minutes ago, telerites said:

If I am not mistaken, it used to be 15 so we made some progress.  

Just curious, how will you verify they are 18?

And if the board rules say 16 on a site that CGC allows us to use and sell books at no cost, I am not sure that stipulation would fly.

Not trying to be derisive nor dissuasive, just throwing out some considerations.  

I can't verify their age, but in the event that it becomes known that the person is under 18 I will not sell to them.

I'm actually shocked that there isn't already a rule in place stating that board members must be 18 to use the selling forum. 

That stipulation would be fine. Members can have their own rules. I already use the rule that I reserve the right not to deal with anyone on my personal list. This would be an extension of that.

Obviously, if someone hides their age I would have no way of knowing. But this puts it out there that I am not interested in dealing with them.