• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Bio-Rupp said:
6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I've got a carpton of Baby Huey, but seem to be the sole collector of that title around here...., :sorry: 

High grade Baby Snoots is where the money is Liz 😎

xxx ooo

Rupp

Don't I know it!!! :banana: 

7 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I've got a carpton of Baby Huey, but seem to be the sole collector of that title around here...., :sorry: 

I admit I never heard about the character before I saw your interest in it.
Probably it has never been published in Italy, but so is Archie, so Baby Huey is in good company…

1 minute ago, Pitboss said:

If you are going to offer a percentage off,don't go back and raise your initial prices :makepoint:

Did they give you a time period for the sale?  Chicos does that to me all the time..."Flash sale ! for the next 4 hours"...and by Flash, they don't mean Barry Allen;) 

10 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
12 hours ago, Pitboss said:

If you are going to offer a percentage off,don't go back and raise your initial prices :makepoint:

That's shady

Seems like it happens a bit around here.  I can think of a couple times in the last year.

10 hours ago, steveinthecity said:
20 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Yeah, not much into Lotta, but do you have #100 "Duck Night"?  I guess #101, too.

Yeah, no.   Mine are mostly 1-99, plus Baby Huey and Papa and Baby Huey Duckland.  Didn't even know 100 and 101 existed in the main title until now.

It said it's okay to post anything and I can't find a better place for this.  I wanted to see what people thought of this.  Please look at bid retractions and bid history on the image (both images the same... couldn't get the second one to remove!).  I had placed a max bid of $51.00 on an auction, bidder after me (1429 feedback guy) outbids me with $77.00.  Discovers my max bid, retracts his, then immediately rebids precisely below my max bid driving my bid up to my max.  Anyone ever seen shady business like this?

I've since retracted my bid and contacted the seller.  I also reported this to eBay.  I didn't want the book that bad but probably would have went a bit higher if I thought the bidding was fair.  The 1429 feedback guy has retracted 662 bids in the last six months and 8% of his bids have been with this seller.  Not implying anything but that seems a bit off.

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 5.27.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 5.27.06 PM.png

Edited by Iconic1s

4 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

It said it's okay to post anything and I can't find a better place for this.  I wanted to see what people thought of this.  Please look at bid retractions and bid history on the image (both images the same... couldn't get the second one to remove!).  I had placed a max bid of $51.00 on an auction, bidder after me (1429 feedback guy) outbids me with $77.00.  Discovers my max bid, retracts his, then immediately rebids precisely below my max bid driving my bid up to my max.  Anyone ever seen shady business like this?

I've since retracted my bid and contacted the seller.  I also reported this to eBay.  I didn't want the book that bad but probably would have went a bit higher if I thought the bidding was fair.  The 1429 feedback guy has retracted 662 bids in the last six months and 8% of his bids have been with this seller.  Not implying anything but that seems a bit off.

I'm pretty novice at ebay-feedback like 30 lol -so I can't help,but perhaps you can me.How can you see what,how many this person has retracted?

9 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm pretty novice at ebay-feedback like 30 lol -so I can't help,but perhaps you can me.How can you see what,how many this person has retracted?

You can go to their bid history.  I will try to do a snip... might have to wait until I get home cause I am not so good with the eBay app on my phone.  

13 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Hello, just click on the number of bids and then click on that bidder... their feedback has since went from 1429 to 1431. Sure seems like a lot of retractions to me. 

F40D56C1-B5B4-49E5-A265-DFEDE32B1167.png

2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Second that. This is the thread for general discussion about the Forum Selling Area, not ebay. The question belongs in Comics General, where it will also get more attention, in this thread:

Awesome!  Will post my question there. Couldn’t find this when looking for where best to post this!  Very much appreciated!!

Does anyone know what constitutes "Bronze Age" in the marketplace here? I know on eBay it's listed as 1970-1983 but I haven't found anything here. For future reference I was hoping to know because I don't want to have my thread removed for offering a book from 1982 in a GA/SA/BA thread and it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to start a sales thread in the Copper/Modern Age area with only 3 books from 1982. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Kramerica said:

Does anyone know what constitutes "Bronze Age" in the marketplace here? I know on eBay it's listed as 1970-1983 but I haven't found anything here. For future reference I was hoping to know because I don't want to have my thread removed for offering a book from 1982 in a GA/SA/BA thread and it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to start a sales thread in the Copper/Modern Age area with only 3 books from 1982. Thanks in advance!

You can go to 1983 for BA