• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Can I just say here how much I dislike sales threads that are:
First post is a list of books with prices (sometimes with grades, sometimes not)
Next few posts are piles of scans (3-4 at a time, or worstcase ALL scans at once in one massive post).

1) the buyers can't easily quote a listing that captures both the book price and the book scan.

2) I hate having to scroll back and forth between scans and prices. "Oh that's a cool book, how much? *Scroll* ok *scroll back down* next book..."
3) These sellers invariably dont update the scans list with whats still available, just the initial list, so more scrolling back and forth... 

Is it that hard to post a book with a price and a scan? One per post so it's easy and clean for quoting and updating? 
Honestly some books I don't know I want until I see a scan just cause I like what I see... but all the scrolling back and forth, over and over, *sigh*

I am going to disagree here. I love that format for several reasons:

1) I dont scroll through pages of books i have no interest in.

2) I can get the preview to have time to flip through GPA, makes the decision easier.

3) One stop to find sold books. I know some sellers don't update, but it is very quick and concise with a list when the seller updates.

4) I personally like lots of scans. If it is someone I have not dealt with before I can guage whether they can grade or not. 

5) On the flip side, if it is someone I know grades very tightly, I can buy books off the list.

Edited by NP_Gresham

19 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Opening a new thread with zero books, sometimes for hours should not be allowed.

There already is a section for this: It's called "Forum alerts (announcements)'.

It's not allowed. People need to report these threads when they see them

2 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
22 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Opening a new thread with zero books, sometimes for hours should not be allowed.

There already is a section for this: It's called "Forum alerts (announcements)'.

And, he immediately started another thread.  

43 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
46 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
1 hour ago, NP_Gresham said:

Which also got removed. 

8 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
52 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
56 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Which also got removed. 

No.  He posted 1 book to conform to the rules.  Still not acceptable in my book.  

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:
10 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
55 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
58 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Which also got removed. 

No.  He posted 1 book to conform to the rules.  Still not acceptable in my book.  

I see that now and yes I agree. I reported it. You, and others, should too

13 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
19 minutes ago, DR.X said:
1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

+1

+2

+3

We need a 'plus number' button to go along with the like button

+4

On 5/15/2020 at 8:34 PM, comicdonna said:

How is that any different than someone who only offers one book for sale?  The fact that they are advertising that they're going to sell more later in the day?  On top of that what about the people who say, well if these sell, I'll list more.  There's not one way to run a sales threat, and when you offer a book for sale, you're conforming to the rules.  It can be one or more than one and unless there's a rule that says otherwise, I think it's perfectly acceptable.  

On 5/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, thehumantorch said:

If you're gonna post a list and prices first please also post the price with each scan so I don't have to scroll constantly.

or  " the following books should be back from CGC in two months "?

On 5/15/2020 at 4:16 PM, NP_Gresham said:

Now they just open a thread with one over graded, over priced book, then post a pic of stuff they might sell. fishing  :smirk: