General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
27 27

34,072 posts in this topic

21,068 posts
1 hour ago, Park said:

I have some Absolute Editions, as well as a handful of other trades and hardcovers, that I want to list for sale.

The content is all Copper or Modern. I can list these in the Copper/Modern forum yeah?

Or are trades and the like automatically supposed to go in the Mixed section?

Copper modern recommended

8,991 posts
8 hours ago, revat said:
10 hours ago, Park said:

I have some Absolute Editions, as well as a handful of other trades and hardcovers, that I want to list for sale.

The content is all Copper or Modern. I can list these in the Copper/Modern forum yeah?

Or are trades and the like automatically supposed to go in the Mixed section?

Copper modern recommended

Yes, my understanding is that the rules are based on publication dates, not format. 

518 posts
On 10/27/2020 at 2:23 PM, allthingskryptonite said:

Not sure if it's the right place to ask. Does anyone else feel that comic prices are down this week? I won a modern book for around 30% below GoCollect FMV. 

Something like this happened to me back in late February too. There was a lot of uncertainty regarding COVID, and the auctions were going significantly below FMV. 

I would like to hear from people who participated in any eBay auctions this last week.

I collected some more data points and I think prices are indeed going down. 

Is there any particular thread on the boards where people discuss price trends?

846 posts

I had a thread listed in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum and someone moved it to the Mixed Age.  Who do I ask about why that happened?  

14,792 posts
32 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

I had a thread listed in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum and someone moved it to the Mixed Age.  Who do I ask about why that happened?  

Cause TMNT are Copper.

846 posts
4 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Cause TMNT are Copper.

Well, TMNT started in 1984, so I didn't think it mattered since they were all 1st prints from the original Mirage run.  

31,182 posts
13 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Well, TMNT started in 1984, so I didn't think it mattered since they were all 1st prints from the original Mirage run.  

You may want to try and reach out to someone, as the rules were recently amended, allowing books from 1980-1984 to be listed in GA,SA, BA or CA, MA .... kind of a no man's land.  If the issues were released in '84 you should have been good to go. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

13,364 posts

I don't think it matters when the title started, it is the print date of each comic that matters. There are many TMNT post 1985 in there so it definitely is a mixed thread at that point IMO. A pain I can see but it seems accurate.

32,119 posts
1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

You may want to try and reach out to someone, as the rules were recently amended, allowing books from 1980-1984 to be listed in GA,SA, BA or CA, MA .... kind of a no man's land.  If the issues were released in '84 you should have been good to go. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

There are multiple books from 1987 - 1991 (possibly later)   

2,108 posts

Hello, quick question! What are the rules regarding "adult" books in the sales forums? I want to sell some pre-TMNT Eastman and Laird underground mini comix, but they depict adult content (mainly nudity and sex). Would putting a white box over the "unacceptable" parts be ok? Thanks!

2,423 posts
5 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Hello, quick question! What are the rules regarding "adult" books in the sales forums? I want to sell some pre-TMNT Eastman and Laird underground mini comix, but they depict adult content (mainly nudity and sex). Would putting a white box over the "unacceptable" parts be ok? Thanks!

Fish slapping and seal humping are definitely allowed. Beyond that, I'm not sure.