• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

In the history of threats this isn't that scary.  Just sayin.

I'll soak 'em in hot Tims double double and throw with the speed of Messier defending Gretzky then?

While dressed and dancing like this! :sumo:

88ad91cb-58fd-4202-9c92-56eb503fd112.jpg

On 2/27/2021 at 4:39 PM, Point Five said:

I know some folks are a fan of trading books and have done it successfully many times...... but man, the current BuscemasAvengers/TopCity situation (see Probation forum) *exactly* embodies my worst fears about trading. Once something goes wrong, it's very hard to undo a situation where one party is happy and the other isn't. Even establishing what a mutually acceptable solution looks like (as opposed to a straight refund or return solution) can be a real challenge.

There's a *second* TopCity issue regarding trades? What page does that start on? I thought it was about a returned check.

3 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

No laughing emoji just a sad one. Really?  

I wrote this in the Covid thread. Most of the abuse was taking place there.

They were disabled. There have been a lot of complaints about them being used while people were on time outs, or not posting here. The mods asked to have the software fixed, so you couldn't use them while on a time out because of the complaints. I guess they couldn't fix the software, so they disabled those emojis.

It's a shame that had to be done, but trolling by emoji isn't exactly the best idea either.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I wrote this in the Covid thread. Most of the abuse was taking place there.

They were disabled. There have been a lot of complaints about them being used while people were on time outs, or not posting here. The mods asked to have the software fixed, so you couldn't use them while on a time out because of the complaints. I guess they couldn't fix the software, so they disabled those emojis.

It's a shame that had to be done, but trolling by emoji isn't exactly the best idea either.

Thank you. Obvious question is why leave the remaining emojis?

Just now, ThothAmon said:

Thank you. Obvious question is why leave the remaining emojis?

That was the decision of the admin who made the choice, but it seems that the emojis that were being abused the most were the ones that were disabled.

Of course if people hadn't abused them after many warnings, we wouldn't have lost them. I liked the laughs.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

So you can cut and paste a laughing thingy, but it requires you to make a post. Kind of how it used to be.

Makes sense. One time I bought a light that didn’t have a switch. I asked my brother in law the electrician to install one for me. He said why don’t you just unscrew the bulb? Ah hah, hadn’t thought of that. 

1 minute ago, ThothAmon said:

Makes sense. One time I bought a light that didn’t have a switch. I asked my brother in law the electrician to install one for me. He said why don’t you just unscrew the bulb? Ah hah, hadn’t thought of that. 

FYI, I laughed at this.