• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Is he not discussing a thread that is in forum sales? Not to be argumentative, but isn't that what a forum sales discussion thread is about. What you have for sale in the forum.

Jesus H Christ, this place is driving me up the wall. I thought this was replacing the old one that got canned, and was for discussion based on selling practices, formats, buyers, sellers, etc. and NOT just a place to SPAM your individual listings.

If I'm wrong, then SPAM away boys.

This thread was started to attempt to keep most OT posts out of the probation thread. The idea being that people could post past experiences with sellers and buyers that didn't yet rise to the level needed for probation. That said, it was also my hope to avoid graemlin runs in the Kudos thread as well. I would hope that most people would use this thread for selling related posts but I can't say that it technically prohibits pimping your sales thread.

On another note, I don't really see the purpose of pimping your sales thread in the sales forum when buyers can already see it get bumped for new posts. (shrug)

On another note, I don't really see the purpose of pimping your sales thread in the sales forum when buyers can already see it get bumped for new posts. (shrug)

Exactly - otherwise this just becomes a recursive disaster...

Is he not discussing a thread that is in forum sales? Not to be argumentative, but isn't that what a forum sales discussion thread is about. What you have for sale in the forum.

Jesus H Christ, this place is driving me up the wall. I thought this was replacing the old one that got canned, and was for discussion based on selling practices, formats, buyers, sellers, etc. and NOT just a place to SPAM your individual listings.

If I'm wrong, then SPAM away boys.

Well I guess it would be OK to talk about your current sales in this thread but it seems a little redundant. I saw this thread as a way of announcing future sales, asking what one would like to see for sale more (or maybe less). Letting people know of poor selling/buying habits that aren't worthy of the probation thread. And a place to hang out and chit-chat while waiting for sellers to list stuff in their threads.

:sumo:

All I remember is that it was created to help keep the probation thread clean and to some extent, the sales threads. So, I guess I see it as kind of a catch all thread. But hey, what do I know. Maybe we need more threads that we aren't allowed to post in. (shrug)

Why do you care so much? People are spamming. Waahhh. VCC elite Whaahhh. People buying things by replying to the wrong post. Waahhh Waahhh Waahhh

By your own admission you've only bought a couple of books from ft88 and nik this year and it's not like you ever sell anything. All you do is moan.

Why do you care so much? People are spamming. Waahhh. VCC elite Whaahhh. People buying things by replying to the wrong post. Waahhh Waahhh Waahhh

By your own admission you've only bought a couple of books from ft88 and nik this year and it's not like you ever sell anything. All you do is moan.

:o

Seriously. The guy is involved in 0.0000001% of all transactions that take place here and likes to get himself involved in 99% of discussions about the buying and selling boards. My favorite, "your sales thread has too much sales talk".

Why do you care so much?

Because if all we had were whiny little girls like you, who just keep taking :censored: and are too scared to say anything, then it quickly becomes anarchy.

Arch echoes these sentiments, and openly asks us to police the marketplace ourselves, so if you don't like it, yell at him and see where it gets you.

Why do you care so much?

Because if all we had were whiny little girls like you, who just keep taking :censored: and are too scared to say anything, then it quickly becomes anarchy.

Arch echoes these sentiments, and openly asks us to police the marketplace ourselves, so if you don't like it, yell at him and see where it gets you.

Seems to me he just said something :whatev:

Little limey boy is just mad because I called him on his "this is the last set you'll see"... "this one is the absolute last one"... "my sources have dried up and you won't see another one" snake-oil sales tactics. lol

Mods notified. Xenophobe. Yes, damn straight im pissed. You had no right to spam my sales thread but the whole VCC elite is when you went from irritant to insufficiently_thoughtful_person and you keep doing it again and again and again.

WTF? Why are people SPAMMING this discussion thread with their sales?

Ah, what a great sale that was! :cloud9:

No intent to SPAM, however. I saw this discussion thread and thought that it would be okay to discuss my sales thread at the time by mentioning lower prices.

hm:sorry: JC

Andy

Maybe we need more threads that we aren't allowed to post in.

Mr Melodrama strikes again... doh!

That statement wasn't melodramatic. Mr. Overreacting strikes again...

This, however, would be melodramatic:

dieinfire.gif

I don't know looks exactly like the reaction I'd expect to see if someone is on fire. (shrug)

captain_kirk_scream.gif

Now this is melodramatic fool!

Maybe we need more threads that we aren't allowed to post in.

Mr Melodrama strikes again... doh!

That statement wasn't melodramatic. Mr. Overreacting strikes again...

This, however, would be melodramatic:

dieinfire.gif

I don't know looks exactly like the reaction I'd expect to see if someone is on fire. (shrug)

captain_kirk_scream.gif

Now this is melodramatic fool!

Any chance you can quit posting long enough to mail my book? (shrug)