• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 CGC 5.5 sells for $507,500

84 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Unrestored Supes 1 is tough to come by. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for more than as expected even with the low eye appeal.

We expect it to sell for fmv. We don't expect it to sell at an eye appeal premium

39 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

We expect it to sell for fmv. We don't expect it to sell at an eye appeal premium

Yep, those are the expectations and mine as well, but with auctions one will never know.  I've seen a lot of surprises whether good or bad. Should be fun to watch.

20 minutes ago, circumstances1 said:

mine's about a 5.5. never thought about getting over a half mil for it.

Sell it to me for less then you won't have to think about it lol

20 minutes ago, circumstances1 said:

mine's about a 5.5. never thought about getting over a half mil for it.

Sell it to me for less then you won't have to think about it lol

5 hours ago, circumstances1 said:

i think we initially thought it might have had a dot of glue from a previous owner, but determined it didn't.

Dot of glue probably still blue!

On 4/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, circumstances1 said:

i think we initially thought it might have had a dot of glue from a previous owner, but determined it didn't.

Very cool.

Still wish you had gotten that Tec 27 I brought down to show you one time...

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

Very cool.

Still wish you had gotten that Tec 27 I brought down to show you one time...

what happened with that one?

the one that really burns me: in 1983 or 1984 i was waiting for an insurance settlement for a lost shipment of golden age.

i decided to take the entire amount of money and spend it on one book (since i was trading the lost golden age for one book).

i found an unrestored detective 27 in VF  from a dealer who shall remain nameless.

he held it for me for however many months it took for the shipping company to cut me the check.

i eventually got the check, mailed him the money, he sends me the book.

absolutely beautiful. looked at least 9.0. but...had some restoration. it was supposed to be completely unrestored.

what disappointment. in hindsight i should have kept it (it WAS a tec 27). but at the time, for the money, it needed to be what was promised.

ah bummer.   Seems like you've been around the block for a guy with five posts!

what was the FMV on a VF t27 back then?   Seems to me like it would have been the ideal time to buy in hindsight - right before Dark Knight Returns and then the batman movie and of course everything else since.   A relatively quiet time for batman.

57 minutes ago, Bronty said:

what was the FMV on a VF t27 back then?   Seems to me like it would have been the ideal time to buy in hindsight - right before Dark Knight Returns and then the batman movie and of course everything else since.   A relatively quiet time for batman.

Rob was on the old boards under circumstances ...

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

yes, as rick says, i was circumstances on the old board (trying to get the name and post count back). i posted my centaurs when i first joined (2013?).

the detective was costing me $3,700 if I recall correctly.

7 minutes ago, circumstances1 said:

yes, as rick says, i was circumstances on the old board (trying to get the name and post count back). i posted my centaurs when i first joined (2013?).

the detective was costing me $3,700 if I recall correctly.

I'd still like a couple of those cruddy centaurs!