• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspense Comics #3 Church copy just showed up
2 2

386 posts in this topic

I can't link it here because it's not graded by CGC but it's a NM-

Wowsers.

Edited by VintageComics

CBCS graded.  CBCS graded. CBCS graded. 

I will never understand people's hesitancy to say what is 100% obvious or to use Voldemort.

1 minute ago, Transplant said:

I will never understand people's hesitancy to say what is 100% obvious or to use Voldemort.

Thanks for your punk rock opinion.

I will never understand CGC's policy of not allowing people to talk about other grading companies but I didn't want the thread pulled because it's a book worth talking about.

4 minutes ago, Mutant Manatee said:

What's going on in the blue sky below the word comics?  Looks like erasure?

That is actually part of the artwork.

6 minutes ago, Mutant Manatee said:

I just figured that out after looking at some other copies.   *embarrassed*   :blush:

It's all good. The only reason I know is because I thought the same thing years ago.

I know this book is considered to be 'The Daddy' by many, and I do love the cover art, and I love Schomburg period. Church books are amazing as well but I've always thought this book to be over-rated against many others out there. Not trying to be controversial, just my opinion.

25 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
29 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Thanks for your punk rock opinion.

I will never understand CGC's policy of not allowing people to talk about other grading companies but I didn't want the thread pulled because it's a book worth talking about.

Like I said the other day, thank God Jon Berk's collection was graded by CGC, or else we would all be in a lot of trouble talking about his amazing collection of books here.  (tsk)  lol

40 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

ccabd54e-03fe-4a0f-b0f7-36576b141829_zps

39 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

Lovely inks on that one. The Church collection never ceases to amaze me. :cloud9:

Any idea where this particular copy has been residing for the past few decades, especially since there have been long standing questions as to whether a Church copy of this book even existed in the first place?  hm