• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

Mostly focused on an X-Men pence run, but I have notated on my list which has a pence equivalent for other books I'm looking for.  Definitely enjoy looking for high grade pence copies.

47 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

Mostly focused on an X-Men pence run, but I have notated on my list which has a pence equivalent for other books I'm looking for.  Definitely enjoy looking for high grade pence copies.

There's only 107 of them Mec. Shouldn't take too long (thumbsu

xm.thumb.PNG.8819799912f37c97b4261cc826ced2b2.PNG

xm2.thumb.PNG.0cf453a7df83269900df4e058b5a66f8.PNG

23 minutes ago, Redshade said:

Just showing off my latest acquisition but I also have a question.

That's a very nice pence Porcupine which I know would find favour with a friend of mine :)

23 minutes ago, Redshade said:

I have sent off five similarly broken out of the shell comics to the other place because like the seller I hate Newton rings. My question is : Can one post photos from the other place on this site?

My understanding is no, you are not 'allowed' to post competitor slab images here. But in the last year or so I've seen a marked increase in references to competitors which do not get removed like they used to. Admin and moderation activity are seemingly at an all time low. 

Maybe just post the comics Stephen, and trim off the slab labels from the pictures. 

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's a very nice pence Porcupine which I know would find favour with a friend of mine :)

My understanding is no, you are not 'allowed' to post competitor slab images here. But in the last year or so I've seen a marked increase in references to competitors which do not get removed like they used to. Admin and moderation activity are seemingly at an all time low. 

Maybe just post the comics Stephen, and trim off the slab labels from the pictures. 

Sound advice as always Steve(thumbsu.

When the aforementioned five comics are returned to me they will be going onto a well known auction site along with other comics that I am selling.

As will Mr Porcupine when I gather a few more for slabbing, the postage being silly for just one item.

Would your friend be interested in this as it is? Everything has a price.:flipbait:

9 minutes ago, Redshade said:

Sound advice as always Steve(thumbsu.

When the aforementioned five comics are returned to me they will be going onto a well known auction site along with other comics that I am selling.

As will Mr Porcupine when I gather a few more for slabbing, the postage being silly for just one item.

Would your friend be interested in this as it is? Everything has a price.:flipbait:

Alas, nay, as he's gone off grid. But thanks though. I only buy old Charlton pence tat now myself, give or take. Sorry, quality Charlton price variants :)

Edited by Get Marwood & I
That's how people grow up

Thanks to those who spotted and liked my two Marvel test galleries in the gallery section. What I'd like to do is post all 3,019 of the scans I have in the files, and then move on to the other 6 publishers. The gallery format isn't working out for me though, so it's currently on hold. I have some questions out with the admin team but I'm finding it really hard to get any dialogue going lately. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with them - it would be nice to see all 5,000+ images up on the site in an easily accessible format. Wish me luck!

16 minutes ago, rakehell said:

:bump:

Recent ebay score

942363598_2019-07-1714_23_21.thumb.jpg.9901b53da041f0d19dcf6db3dfed1733.jpg

A preponderance of pence Power Mans, as Marwood might say. Or is that Power Men? :whee:

Very nice!

Any word on Marwood? Haven't seen him around for a few weeks - hopefully he's enjoying a nice holiday somewhere.

41 minutes ago, bc said:

Any word on Marwood? Haven't seen him around for a few weeks - hopefully he's enjoying a nice holiday somewhere.

I've been away myself, so I'm not even sure I'm here. Though it is true that Old Marwood is notable by his absence.

He'll probably be back in a few days having discovered a Portuguese Escudo variant of AF15, or something equally astounding.

5 hours ago, rakehell said:

:bump:

Recent ebay score

942363598_2019-07-1714_23_21.thumb.jpg.9901b53da041f0d19dcf6db3dfed1733.jpg

A preponderance of pence Power Mans, as Marwood might say. Or is that Power Men? :whee:

What's all this crap you've posted in my thread Rakehell! 

:grin:

On 7/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, Redshade said:

I hope the mods don't mind this post as it constitutes news for all concerned in the hobby.

The Fedex man arrived this morning with my latest parcel.

Note the "10d UK Price Variant" on the labels.

The issue at the bottom shows the old label.

Luverly.... :insane:

4 hours ago, rakehell said:

I've been away myself, so I'm not even sure I'm here. Though it is true that Old Marwood is notable by his absence.

He'll probably be back in a few days having discovered a Portuguese Escudo variant of AF15, or something equally astounding.

Even better.

Take that!

247557457_WonderComics8(6dinGt_Br.).thumb.jpg.e15bc32d0b444957bdc80d3734084e4d.jpg  1026481892_WonderComics810cCopyB.jpg.8f9f12d1b056e380c345e36f82412cdb.jpg

hm

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Don't turn around, ah whoa oh, the Kommissar's in town!

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

Nevermind all that ADAMANTIUMTEETUM. That first one is six dee in Gt Br :ohnoez:

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Don't turn around, ah whoa oh, the Kommissar's in town!

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

Nevermind all that ADAMANTIUMTEETUM. That first one is six dee in Gt Br :ohnoez:

As long as your Ok! Slongeah

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg